To vs. Too vs. Two

Niteshade007

nezobiwan said:
Florida (my current residence) has a pretty bad education rep.

Yes, it does. I went to private schools my whole life, so fortunately, I have received a decent education, but my sister is doing public high school, and the difference is astounding. I really didn't know how bad our education system was until I look at the stuff she is learning. It is insanely below what I was learning at that age.

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by the "two, too, to," problem. Big pet peeves of mine are, like ClintonHammond said, irregardless. IT'S NOT A WORD! Or when people put an "s" at the end of things that don't require one (I had a friend that referred to them as "deers" and keeps saying Cold Stones instead of the actual title, Cold Stone).

My mom is a teacher (in a private school), and the state of Florida is very down on private school education because, apparently, they take away "good" students (i.e. wealthy students with involved parents), and leave only the "bad" students (poorer students with uninvolved parent/s), so most actually BLAME the private school system for Florida's poor academic achievement.

Stoo

Moedred said:
1:58 : 2:02
is
two to two to two two.
:D
In a judging competition, if a certain, South African archbishop
received the same pairing of low scores as another opponent then
it would be:

2 twos to Tutu, too.

NileQT87

somebody made a comment about "i resemble that"... that's not a mistake. it's an old joke that somebody might say "hey, i resemble that remark"--it's intended as irony, making a joke out of yourself. it was intended word-play instead of a mistake.

a similar phrase is: "same difference".

nezobiwan

NileQT87 said:
somebody made a comment about "i resemble that"... that's not a mistake. it's an old joke that somebody might say "hey, i resemble that remark"--it's intended as irony, making a joke out of yourself. it was intended word-play instead of a mistake.

a similar phrase is: "same difference".
Even if that were true--you had to be there when the girl said it. It's not what she meant; she was not trying to be ironic.

They've played on these words in the movies,TOO. An abomination of a sequel called Teenwolf TOO (hilarious). I think there's more but thankfully I can't remember them.;)

nezobiwan

herr gruber said:
They've played on these words in the movies,TOO. An abomination of a sequel called Teenwolf TOO (hilarious). I think there's more but thankfully I can't remember them.;)
Look Who's Talking Too