Tomb Raider on-screen adaptations

johnfrancis

I was just messing with you though I've been meaning to mention on the Tarantino thread that QT's novelization of the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is worth the effort.
Yea but ye never know these days yea?

Forgot to mention Inception. Great film.

I'd have to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood first. Been too busy lately to watch films so hadn't got round to it.

That's why I ain't posting here too much. Indy 5's still the guts of a year off too so not much to contribute you know. Judging by other members contributions seems I'm not alone in that.

Yet out of interest did Tarantino himself write the novel?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic people but yea... curious.

Joe Brody

Watch the film, read the book. Only QT could have crafted a one of a kind cultural artifact like the book. He mixes up the continuity of the movie plot lines in a way only he can, and the novel is over flowing with Hollywood history and trivia. Some of which is true (mentioning Lee Marvin’s PTSD for example) and some not. It’s a classic and he’s the only listed author.

johnfrancis

Watch the film, read the book. Only QT could have crafted a one of a kind cultural artifact like the book. He mixes up the continuity of the movie plot lines in a way only he can, and the novel is over flowing with Hollywood history and trivia. Some of which is true (mentioning Lee Marvin’s PTSD for example) and some not. It’s a classic and he’s the only listed author.
Thanks Joe

Isn't Tarantino's body of work perpetually rewarding?

It's just like bubble gum for the film buff. The man's a genius.

It's funny though. Kill Bill 1 & 2 are good but since they came out I've never been able to get to part 2 except when I watched it in 2004.

It's very strange. I dunno why.

Also they should've called it 'Fox Force Five'. Might as well have gone the whole hog.

Can you link that Tarantino thread please? Wouldn't mind taking a gander.

emtiem

Shame. I thought Vikander worked really well in the role and Daniel Wu was a good addition. That being said the film was mediocre and pretty much missed the point of the 2013 game it was based on.

She is very good yes, and I think I enjoyed Wu too, but I recently tried giving it another watch on Netflix (where most failed blockbusters go to die) and just couldn’t get through it. It’s so incredibly bland and yet with no sense of fun at all. At least Jolie’s version knew to be silly.

PilotJohnGrant

A cartoon

Not sure what this means for Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Amazon project?
From what I understand this was in production before that was announced - so I think it doesn't affect it one way or the other.

I am quite excited for this though with it following the continuity of the Rebooted series which I really enjoy. Though I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have the same actress voicing Lara Croft but Hayley Atwell's great too of course.

If it matches the quality of Netflix's Castlevania series (which I thought was a lot of fun) I'll be happy with it.