toys r us exclusive?

indyclone25

i don't know if anyone talked about this yet but toy r us has a cutter with three action figures an indy and two russian gaurds -- i saw this atoy r us tonight and it costs 39.99

NickTurner

I saw this tonight in TRU - was kinda shocked by the price since the box proclaimed it a great deal with 3 figures! Oh well, in TRU terms it is a deal since it combines a $24.95 vehicle with 3 x $7.99 figures. However, in the real world...

FETT1

...don't fear ...CANADA IS IN THE SAME situation....rumors abound that some basic figures have gone up to 11.99 cdn @ ZELLERS(WALMART type store)here!...will definitely be checking into this ...oi rumors!:whip:
fett1

monkey man

Hasbro won't be getting my money for the TRU set anytime soon especially after getting screwed on the TOD line.
Maybe if it goes on sale for $19.99. Maybe. The Jungle Cutters are warming the shelves. No one wants that vehicle and I already bought the first version.

NickTurner

Since you bought the vehicle - well, how is it? I wasn't too excited by the box, plus of course it didn't exactly have any MOVIE INTEREST!! (Why not a "duck" and truck? At least you could sword fight Irina and Mutt and whack Mutt in the crotch for comic? relief! ) Odd release by Hasbro, but how about a review of the thing?

I've come to really appreciate the cargo truck after some initial disappointment. After all, who else produces a 1930's truck in action figure scale? Now I've dirtied up the troop car and replaced the over-sized MG34 with one from Century 21 I like it too! (Reminds me - I must take pictures!)

monkey man

I have no complaints with the vehicle. I like the spinning blades feature myself. It just doesn't play a major part in the film. There is a detailed review of it somewhere in these threads. The Cargo Truck is, by far, the best vehicle for me.
If I were you, I'd wait. These are bound to be blown out sooner or later now that the line has been cancelled. They are the least popular vehicle.
Target is selling them for $15.99 now.
For $40.00 the TRU set is just not worth it for me. I don't think the figures come with their accessories either. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. In my opinion, those figures should not have added $20 to the price of the TRU version.