Toys R Us sale on figures...

Marty Jones

I've already been through what they've got on the pegs. I'm hoping for a restock later this week so I can take advantage of the sale - either way this is a good way to clear some of the old figures off the shelves.

WillKill4Food

Thanks for the head's up! Is it gonna be on all week? Here's hopin' for two weeks! Hell, here's hopin' for a year!

Meanwhile, Willkill4food realizes that he being ridiculous and slaps himself for being so stupid. Then, he heads to the car and flies down the highway to the nearest Toys-R-Us.

Last edited:

DrHapgood

I was looking forward to getting some sleep once I got off work. Instead it looks like instead I'll be at ToysRUs at 10:00am. At least it'll get me out of the apartment so I can pick up my Sophia pants while I'm at it. (y)

blueseattle

I was just there yesterday!! I wanted Dovchenko too, but I only went for the two figures... too bad nobody there informed me.

Marty Jones

blueseattle said:
I was just there yesterday!! I wanted Dovchenko too, but I only went for the two figures... too bad nobody there informed me.

The employees don't see the ad early. They don't know what's coming up. Also, if you take your receipt back, they'll honor your previous purchases and you can still pick up the free figure.

Indy fan 235

This is good and bad for me. I have most of them, but I am still missing two so I might get lucky and find them.

Does anyone have a complete listing as to what each wave of figures consists of?

blueseattle

Marty Jones said:
The employees don't see the ad early. They don't know what's coming up. Also, if you take your receipt back, they'll honor your previous purchases and you can still pick up the free figure.

Good idea, but its such a long trek for me. I walk everywhere.

Munkeewrench

Too bad my TRU never has any IJ figs...Hopefully they will have some friday...May get some Narnia figs too...

Does this apply to Adventure Heroes as well?

Thanks for the heads up...

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
This is awesome news, but, does this mean the figures aren't selling well enough on their own?

No...This is common to EVERY new toy line. The week of the movie, they have a sale..They are fighting for new fans and new collectors now..since all of us old fans / collectors have already gotten what we need for the most part.

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
They are fighting for new fans and new collectors now..since most of us old fans / collectors have already gotten what we need for the most part.

Fixed. I've still got a long way to go (but honestly, now that I think about it, I kind of enjoy the hunt and like taking it slow anyway so I don't get bruned out). :whip:

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
No...This is common to EVERY new toy line. The week of the movie, they have a sale..They are fighting for new fans and new collectors now..since all of us old fans / collectors have already gotten what we need for the most part.

Okay, that's good. So are the Indy figures selling well?

thejoker

Picked up some Deluxe packs today. Grabbed the German Motorcycle, Indy with Horse, and the Temple Trap sets.

All for $20 (and tax) is a great deal.

For some reason, my Fertility Idol from the Temple set is a bit bronze-ish. Its not the gold ones that I saw the others had. Is this a variant or running change before the gold ones hit?