Treats from the far East

Would You Ever Eat an Insect?

• Yes, I'm very open and have an iron stomach.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes, but only to survive.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Nah, bugs are too creepy for me.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • *vomits on the floor*

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Jay R. Zay

well i've eaten them before and i'd do it again if it should be offered by my hosts. personally, i didn't find anything spectacular about it (as snails, for example) but i don't have much of a problem with it, either. if you think about eating a chicken, most people don't think about eating the whole chicken with eyes or claws, either. eating the whole insect fresh and unprepared isn't the point in eating insects.

try the black meat, the flesh of the giant aquatic brazillian centipede.

blackmeat_centips.jpg

blackmeat_flesh.jpg

blackmeat_production.jpg

black meat in the international zone, tangiers, morocco. very professional operation, as you can see.

Gustav

I have eaten insects on several occasions. I would also eat almost anything that is considered food somewhere in the world with a few exceptions, like poop and bull schlong. I just threw up.

Gustav

I think it was in a part of India. I know there was somebody drinking their own urine too. I believe it was on Ripley's believe it or not. Some of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. And remember, we are inside the animal kingdom.

Magda

The thought of eating cockroaches puts me off the subject of eating insects completely. Imagine the crunching, squirming legs, and oozing insides within your mouth. :sick:

"I know there was somebody drinking their own urine too."

There are plenty of people that contend that a little of your own urine from time to time can be good for you.

It's certainly not going to hurt you any.

Your urine is 'cleaner' than your spit

Johan

If you like it or not...we've ALL eaten MANY insects. A simple thing as bread has MANY bugs in it. I've worked in a bakery sifting flower. When the wheat is ground up there are insect parts that go with it.
Never mind the average person that swallows 7 spiders in thier sleep in thier lifetime (siders like it warm and moist).
Hope that makes your day.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
IndyJohan said:
the average person swallows 7 spiders in thier sleep in thier lifetime
I heard it was 8. Where did this weird statistic come from, and how was it tallied?

Try the bee larvae and meal worm quiche.

Gustav

You gotta try houseflies dipped in cramel. Absolutely heaven. And you haven't lived until you've eaten centipedes with nacho cheese.

And as for drinking some nutritious pee, I'll stick to a bottle of Aquafina.

Last edited: