TSSY2005 Shirt?

Timmythekid

Has anyone purchased this seller's shirt? I recently picked one up and am pretty happy, but a little puzzled over the sheer size of the collar. Thoughts?

indyclone25

i've seen the ebay listing as was a bit weary of it --- but you say the collor is to large --- post a pic of it either on so we can see how large it looks---- cause i was thinking of ordering one

Ghostsoldier

indyclone25 said:
i've seen the ebay listing as was a bit weary of it --- but you say the collor is to large --- post a pic of it either on so we can see how large it looks---- cause i was thinking of ordering one
Yeah...what IC said...:)
Rob

Timmythekid

Sorry, I'll pop a pic up when I get back from work. Other than that (and I'm not sure, it might just BE that big SA...) the shirt is terrific, and I've got no hesitations about it at all - pefect fit, nice material (cotton with a bit of lycra, but not so much that it's got a sheen), and solidly made. I wish they came in a few other colours as I'd wear it them to work.

Timmythekid

This thread now fortified with 100% daily requirement of pics. Not the best, angle is too low to get a perfect view, as I had to get my wife to snap them on my way out the door this morning. I just can't help feeling that the collar is too broad, as it's significantly wider than any other safari shirt I've got to compare it to.

indyclone25

looks nice , abit to new looking for me , but then again you got to break it in , wash it a few times with a pair of old gym shoes , that'll give it that wear and tear look

Timmythekid

Yeah, that's essentially straight out of the package. I've not had a chance to wear it at all yet, and my wife isn't thrilled about my beating the hell out of a brand new shirt which she likes :) . I'm trying to explain the whole "authenticity" thing, and the "Hell, it cost $10!" thing. As I said, I love the shirt, and may just order another for everyday wear, may also pull it apart and make a pattern from it for some other colours. I was just a little unsure about the very broad collar and wondering if it was worth looking into trying to recut it. The angle of the photo seems to minimize it a bit, but if no one here seems to bat an eye over it, then I'm probably imagining things. Thanks guys! Incidentally, I HIGHLY recomend this dealer: China to Canada in less than a week (I know, Yanks are spoiled by an efficient postal service, if you live here or know anything about Canada Post, you'll be impressed) - she had the thing in the mail before 24 hours were up, and before I had a even chance to buy a mk vii from her.