TV Spot #2

Perhilion

May 22nd: "Finally! I'm off to see the mov-oooh! The 2nd TV spot is online in HD! So is the 2nd trailer! Better reschedule my tickets for a later show!"

spiralout

I've got my DVD recorder set up to my digital cable to record commercials on Noggin, but this damn channel isn't playing any commercials! Do I have to wait until night time until the commercials start playing?

Edit: I found the N Network. I'll watch that.

The Man

I've trawled every feasible sight in the last hour and there's no high quality version anywhere yet. Grrrr...:mad:

The first TV spot was on the O.S. much faster. Grrrrrrr...:mad: :mad: :mad:

lynchpin

Always glad to help.

Spalko's "You will find it" seems to be coming from the Hangar 51 sequence (perceived to be the opening sequence, a theory I'm in total agreement with) and is edited together with Indy's reply from a later scene.

In the close-up, she's got the sword up, there are crates behind her, and in the reverse shot they're in the tent in the forest where Jones is tied to the chair.

If she's telling Jones to find "it" I'd bet my Short Round salary "it" is the Ark. Why else have Jones in the warehouse if he's suppose to find something else?

agentsands77

lynchpin said:
If she's telling Jones to find "it" I'd bet my Short Round salary "it" is the Ark. Why else have Jones in the warehouse if he's suppose to find something else?
The back of the action figure packaging for KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL reveals that the Soviets have kidnapped Indiana Jones and brought him to Hangar 51 to help him find a crystal skull, not the Ark of the Covenant.

lynchpin

Thanks, Agent. I was aware, but my question still stands.

The Russians kidnap Dr. Jones and steal him away to the coveted warehouse in which the Ark is kept but only to find another object?

If it is the skull in the warehouse, I wonder what'll drive the good and bad guys to various parts of the world. Another skull? What happens to the one in the warehouse?

All very intriguing.

agentsands77

lynchpin said:
The Russians kidnap Dr. Jones and steal him away to the coveted warehouse in which the Ark is kept but only to find another object?
Yes.

lynchpin said:
If it is the skull in the warehouse, I wonder what'll drive the good and bad guys to various parts of the world. Another skull? What happens to the one in the warehouse?
Toys and the book The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones have recently revealed there are many skulls. 12-13, actually.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
lynchpin said:
Spalko's "You will find it" seems to be coming from the Hangar 51 sequence (perceived to be the opening sequence, a theory I'm in total agreement with) and is edited together with Indy's reply from a later scene.

I was so relived when I spotted that sword. First I thought it was some picture- problem that occured due to the bad quality of the footage. Just as in the previous spot and the trailer I was more like "mmmhh yeah...these lines of dialogue really don't fit at all". So I'm glad that it's from two different scenes. And the notion that the shot of Spalko holding the sword is actually from that pic we now... just fills me with absolute pure joy and giddiness. Just as the rest of the teaser.
I now am glad they only combine different scenes, even though they don't work at all in that context and seem quite awkward (as I remarked in the discussion of the first spot), in an effort to not give too much away.

Ah. Good times.

And again, folks, it will be best if you keep your speculations that are nurtured by already spoiled thoughts in the other section or black it out, as some demonstrate it very well in this thread (thanks!) .

The Man

spiralout said:
I swear, the N Network and Noggin are playing nothing but Nickeldeon related commercials. :mad:

That's the way it works. I'm never getting this hyped for a movie again. Ever. It's like getting blood from a rock.

The official site's gone all wanky now. Does this happen before an update?

Last edited:

blueseattle

Hammy Skillet said:
I don't know if it's online - I just saw it this afternoon while watching Noggin'. Yeah. Noggin'. Don't even ask.

Anyway.

I wasn't expecting it at all, so I can't remember it in great detail. It starts with Spalko and Indy in the tent. Spalko says with a Russian accent, "you WILL help us find it." Indy, who looks to be tied to a chair says with a smile, "Always happy to help." We see some old stuff ... the pillars coming together and the warehouse stuff. I remember some text that says something like "A legendary lost city." There are these huge gears meshing together and destroying a bridge and Indy says, "Uh oh, that can't be good." The spiral staircase is in there too. It ends with the start of the motorcycle chase. I think Mutt may say "hop on" and they take off. No new music or anything.

So yeah.

It's my favorite so far.

YES YES! This is my favorite one so far, too!

I love the look of these new shots. It's so classic.

The Man

IndyFan89 said:
They must think were stupid and that we are just gonna sit and watch the N channel untill it gets uploaded

What exactly is N Channel? And who the hell is that Susie Castillo? She's nice...

SterankoII

Dammit, it's not on the Official Site yet! Anyway I like Indy's attitude toward's Spalko when he's tied to the chair. I agree that her "You will find it" was from a different scene. Probably the warehouse.

-Jones-

SterankoII said:
I agree that her "You will find it" was from a different scene. Probably the warehouse.

f_20080201bgm_cd0d3d5.jpg

Yep ;).