ULTIMATE Indiana Jones figure!!!

tnswman

Ok, Since a lot of us are helping hasbro out by buying more figures than we need, I started playing around with different Indy figure set-ups. I at last found a PERFECT mix of figures that creates an ULTIMATE Indy.

You need
Head: LC Indy ( New version with less stubble )
Body: KOTCS Indy with Skull
Hands: Horse Indy ( for Gloves ) or keep the KOTCS hands on.
Satchel: Ark Indy ( it fits the body better )
Coiled Whip: LC Indy
Open Whip: Idol Indy

Now, you can add in all the various accessories that Indy uses in the movies. don't forget the Torch that sallah comes with too.

This figure is one of the best looking and most fun figures to hold.

The same can be done with a jacketless Indy, just use the Ark Indy body since it has a dirty look to it.

who else has done this and what did you do?

glorbes

I have the Pitfall head and Crystal Skull Indy body. By far, this is the best combination, and he looks fantastic on the shelf. For Cairo Indy, I have the Ark body and Temple Trap head.

2008_0902smallindyprojects0023.jpg

Its interesting to note the height difference between two Indy figures...the Ark Indy body is taller than the Crystal Skull Indy.

bonoferox

Does the Temple Trap head require you to size the neck peg on the Ark / RPG body for it to fit like the Pitfall head?

indyclone25

glorbes said:
I have the Pitfall head and Crystal Skull Indy body. By far, this is the best combination, and he looks fantastic on the shelf. For Cairo Indy, I have the Ark body and Temple Trap head.

Its interesting to note the height difference between two Indy figures...the Ark Indy body is taller than the Crystal Skull Indy.

don't you shrink as you age? lol

glorbes

Heh...I thought about making the same joke :D

Bonoferox, the Pitfall head does spin a little too freely on the Crystal Skull neck post, but I managed to tighten it a tad with Krazy Glue. The Trap Indy on the Ark body fit really well, actually, but is a tad loose as well.

bonoferox

Yeah I just followed the advise of someone and put a small piece of scotch tape over the neck and it works nicely. I'll probably do the same for the Ark / Temple trap.

tnswman

bonoferox said:
Yeah I just followed the advise of someone and put a small piece of scotch tape over the neck and it works nicely. I'll probably do the same for the Ark / Temple trap.

LOL!! that was my quick fix..It is perfect...The LC Indy head ( with the less red stubble ) actually looks a LOT better and the different satchel makes a difference too.

Put the torch in his hands, it is AWESOME!!

Billy Ray

I've posted these before, but here are some shots of my "Ultimate Indy" and Cairo Indy...

Indy_058.jpg

Indy_057.jpg

Indy_051.jpg

The Indy with Idol uses the Pitfall head (with the best paint apps I have ever seen on this figure) and the KOTCS body. Cairo Indy is also the Pitfall head on the Ark Indy body. I used a little clear coat on each figure's neck post to build them up and tighten the joint.

Luke Skywalker

Wouldnt an ultimate indy figure come with all possible accessories?

A removable hat is a nice one.

If they make it the correct size...

The Golden Idol

Luke Skywalker said:
Wouldnt an ultimate indy figure come with all possible accessories?

A removable hat is a nice one.

If they make it the correct size...

No, it would look horrible. Too oversized.

sebillba

glorbes said:

These look great Glorbes, did you repaint the heads? They look very realistic.

I also made my ultimate Indy from the KOTCS body with the pitfall head.... I lined the head with a small circle of felt to make it fit better - it works fine, and isn't permanent if I ever want to swap them back.

The Golden Idol

Here's my ultimate Raiders Indy figure:

myindyult.jpg

Head: Pitfall Indy
Body and Whip: Deluxe Indy with Horse
Belt: Ark Indy
Idol: Basic Indy

I may slightly repaint the eyes to straighten them out a bit. What do you think?

Last edited:

Billy Ray

I think that head looks slightly familiar;)

Seriously though, it looks great!

I've been thinking about picking up a second Deluxe Indy w/horse and doing a repaint on the face to get a good looking Raiders Indy w/gloves. I got my horse Indy on day 1 and he was the only one I found at the time. Who knew we would be swimming in them now? I have looked and look for one with better paint apps, but sadly they all seem to suffer from the crack smokin' eyes syndrome:rolleyes: Never even thought about simply swapping his head out:eek: Does the pitfall head fit pretty well? Oddly enough, I have never tried this combination. Guess I can check myself when I get home form work.

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:

Seriously though, it looks great!

I've been thinking about picking up a second Deluxe Indy w/horse and doing a repaint on the face to get a good looking Raiders Indy w/gloves. I got my horse Indy on day 1 and he was the only one I found at the time. Who knew we would be swimming in them now? I have looked and look for one with better paint apps, but sadly they all seem to suffer from the crack smokin' eyes syndrome:rolleyes: Never even thought about simply swapping his head out:eek: Does the pitfall head fit pretty well? Oddly enough, I have never tried this combination. Guess I can check myself when I get home form work.

It fits perfectly. It's looser than usual, but only slightly.

Thanks for the compliment!

Billy Ray said:

What do you mean?

The Golden Idol

IndyFan89 said:
Put the KOCS figure of Indy with the bazooka's head on idol Indy's body and you get a kewl Ant scene Indy.

You can just use the KOTCS jacket Indy for that; what's the point of doing what you said? :confused: