Vancouver Olympics 2010

Did any one catch "Men's" figure skating? The Mullet is BACK!

It was full of all the musky brauvara, bravado, brawn and bedazzling you might expect. Life altering!

I'm giving up everything, buying a Bedazzaler and decorating EVERYTHING!

Watchout 2014!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Did any one catch "Men's" figure skating? The Mullet is BACK!

It was full of all the musky brauvara, bravado, brawn and bedazzling you might expect. Life altering!

I'm giving up everything, buying a Bedazzaler and decorating EVERYTHING!

Watchout 2014!

Was Johnny Weir skating whilst surrounded by a dozen bodyguards, in case PETA tried to take a shot at him?

Montana Smith

Not-so-Great Britain finally have a gold medal! Amy Williams in the Bob Skeleton gained the first womens' winter gold in over 50 years! We finally appear on the medals table.

Finn

Staff member
This just in...

In Vancouver, everybody is looking forward to the dream <small>quarter</small>final Russia-Canada. The most expected game of the century with best players of the world on ice putting up their best performance on the battle for glory and gold, err... <small>SF spot</small>. Our reporter on the scene truly excited of the sight of people still dancing in the streets.

No, wait...

roundshort

WOW! I hope TEAM USA keeps the drive and goes the distance!

This is from an ESPN blog, I love the NEW Canada Anthem!
No, Canada
You lost to Uncle Sam
We'll take the gold
You laid down like a lamb
With frying pans you tended goal
We scored on you at will
From far and wide, Oh Canada
We're scoring on you still.
God keep your nets
Wide open and emp-ty
O Canada
We scored five goals on thee
O Canada
U.S. with gold you'll see!

USA!

AlivePoet

Right, because Canada's national anthem must revolve around hockey. :rolleyes:

I didn't watch the game, and I don't particularly care about the sport, but I do wish that our government and olympic committee would not have publicized "Own the Podium," nor made loud and clear their intent to win the majority of medals at the Games. Still, karma came too quickly...

AlivePoet said:
Right, because Canada's national anthem must revolve around hockey. :rolleyes:

No, but your neighbor nation's success with your national sport inspires pride, (both honorable AND disgraceful)...

Thank God I'm Irish AND German, (and American!) and feel no such shame at Beerfest...(*hic*)

roundshort

Trust, every American sports fan can share your pain. When the DEAM team USA basketball does not win gold in he summer games. Some things should just hppen!

Stoo

Ugh!

...and to think my girlfriend & I stayed up until almost 4am just to watch those HOSERS LOSE!:mad:(n) Grrrrr...What a shambles.:eek:
Peru1936 said:
And women's hockey is great entertainment. Those ladies can play better than most of the bottom division men.
Women's hockey...you mean, ringette, right?:p
ESPN blog via roundshort said:
God keep your nets
Wide open and emp-ty
Cute but this part is about as lame as Team Canada during the 3rd period. It should read, "Wide o-pen and emp-ty". Works better with the extra hyphen.:D
Finn said:
...a 2-2 regulation tie against the Swiss millionaire pros...
They should stick to banking and milking cows.:whip:
AlivePoet said:
I didn't watch the game, and I don't particularly care about the sport, but I do wish that our government and olympic committee would not have publicized "*** the ******," nor made loud and clear their intent to win the majority of medals at the Games. Still, karma came too quickly...
Agreed. That is a cringe-fest but, to be honest, I was hoping for a repeat of 2002 with Canada/U.S. in the final for gold. (5-2 for us, in case anyone needs reminding).;)
Rocket Surgeon said:
No, but your neighbor nation's success with your national sport inspires pride, (both honorable AND disgraceful)...
"Disgraceful"?

Finn

Staff member
AlivePoet said:
I didn't watch the game, and I don't particularly care about the sport, but I do wish that our government and olympic committee would not have publicized "Own the Podium," nor made loud and clear their intent to win the majority of medals at the Games. Still, karma came too quickly...
While I know I shouldn't be throwing out these posts with a sardonic laughter but especially the arrogance of some Canadians when discussing the olympic hockey and the fate of the gold was so overwhelming that I can't help thinking that this is justful in its own way.

Of course, they've still got a shot to rise from the ashes and take it home but still... it's one of the most sweet instances of karma I've witnessed in a while.

Stoo said:
"Disgraceful"?
Yeah, changing the words to Canada's National Anthem was pretty disgraceful, (it was sourced from a blog though) though you are correct in your assertion regarding the ebb and flow of the phrasing, your revision "pops" , (but more importantly rides the cadence).

But now that you mention it, Canada's performance against the US was disgraceful as well...

Goonie

I checked out the Russky Dom yesterday just before the hockey game. I didn't go to the game but you should've seen all the fans both Russian and Canadian heading to GM Place, er, Canada Hockey Place.:rolleyes:

A couple of nights ago I got a pic with Jaromir Jagr just outside the Saskatchewan pavillion. Jaromir was on his way to the Molson Canadian Hockey House.(y)

It was a great four days I had in Vancouver. :cool: