Wested Standard Goat ROLA

alotofmaryskid

I see that Wested offers a "standard" soft goat ROLA jacket on their website. Any thoughts on this jacket? I only ask because it is reasonably priced at 100 BP. Is the lambskin worth the extra 45 BP? Help. I will wear this jacket pretty often.

Dr Bones

I hear that goat is harder wearing but doesn't quite have the screen accurate look. Goat is nearer screen accurte as opposed to the alternatives such as cow etc but lamb was what was used on screen. But lamb will tear and snag more easily.

This is just my opinion basedm on some of the coments I have seen on Club Obi Wan.

I am going for goat 80's cut when I get mine as I am slim/athletic build.

You need to know what grade and cut will suit your needs and research as appropriate.

From what I hear Wested themselves will be helplful.

Good luck fellow first time jacketeer! (y)

Mickiana

Goat or lamb, both are great. The lamb will come looking pristine, all shiny brown and very respectable looking. The goat is not as shiny, is a bit tougher and 'readier' for distressing. Whichever you ask for, request the very screen accurate longer collar. They may do it standard now, but I'm not sure so ask for it.

alotofmaryskid

Alright, ready to buy. Pretty sure I'm going with the standard ROLA even though I know it's imported. Had an extra $100 drop in my lap, so basically the jacket only costs me $65 plus shipping. It's goat, so I figure it's pretty tough. Additionally, the jacket is lighter and I figure it can be worn in the Spring in Texas. Also, gives me the opportunity to grab another hat in gray! Thoughts??

alotofmaryskid

Unbelievable.....went online to order the Standard jacket in goat.....nothing but size 54. Been waiting and watching these.....got the cash....they're gone. Anyone know if they come in cycles...maybe they're out temporarily? I emailed them.....Need a 44.

Mickiana

I don't know about what they keep in stock as I ordered a custom jacket from Wested. It's more expensive but the fit is guaranteed. 44 is a big jacket, but to only have a 54?! Hope you get an answer sooner than later. They usually have good service.

indyhan

hey alotofmaryskid !

have a like new Wested Raiders jacket in authentic lamb, made in Britain, a bit too large for me (size 42)

will let go for the 100 pounds (117 euros, i'm french) you were ready to spend on the standrad imported wested

would that do ?

Mickiana

If you are not sure of your sizing, then don't buy until you get your measurements right. Go to a dressmaker or tailor or any good clothing store and get yourself measured. Get all the measurements done that would be required by the custom fitting chart on Wested's order form. Then you will be sure. I'm 190 cm tall with a long back and I take a 42 long. You don't want the jacket too long in the back as that is not its style.

indyhan

hey again

yep, i guess a quick look at the wested sizing chart would give you a pretty good idea wether or not a 42 regular would fit you.

should it seem to be ok, my wested remains available.

cheers !