What did KOTCS get right?

Morning Bell

I love the film and there's quite a bit that I thought was done well. Here are a few of my favorites:

-Indy's introduction with the silhouette of Indy putting his hat on while The Raiders March plays softly in the background. That part always gives me goosebumps and it was a great way to reintroduce Indy.

-The warehouse escape was awesome and just plain fun.

-I was glad to see the Paramount logo fade-in and red lines on the map return.

-Harrison as Indy. That's a no-brainer.:whip:

-The jungle chase was great. Sure, there were some silly parts thrown into it but they weren't enough to spoil it. The ant fight was awesome as well.

-The ending with Indy taking back his hat from Mutt. That was pure genius and reminds us that there's only one, true Indy.

kongisking

Morning Bell said:
I love the film and there's quite a bit that I thought was done well. Here are a few of my favorites:

-Indy's introduction with the silhouette of Indy putting his hat on while The Raiders March plays softly in the background. That part always gives me goosebumps and it was a great way to reintroduce Indy.

-The warehouse escape was awesome and just plain fun.

-I was glad to see the Paramount logo fade-in and red lines on the map return.

-Harrison as Indy. That's a no-brainer.:whip:

-The jungle chase was great. Sure, there were some silly parts thrown into it but they weren't enough to spoil it. The ant fight was awesome as well.

-The ending with Indy taking back his hat from Mutt. That was pure genius and reminds us that there's only one, true Indy.

Very, very well said, sir. :hat:

tambourineman

I love the film, and IMO it got nearly everything right. So it would be far easier for me to write what I think it got wrong than what what it got right:

- Mac. Something was off with this character, and I disliked the "triple agent" thing. He should either have really been a double agent and not swapped sides again at the end, just stayed with the Russians the whole time, or been with the Russians and had a change of heart and swapped sides back to Indy for real and redeemed himself some way. As it was it was kind of silly.

- The waterfall scene. It comes immediately after a long action sequence, or two action sequences really (jungle chase and ants) with no breathing time between them, its just an overload. And it makes you not really care by that point. And it was filmed poor imo, they go over the fall literally seconds after seeing it coming, theres no suspense at all.
If I could make that scene, Id have had break in the action, just had them going downstream for a while. Maybe do some more character developing. And then they'd see the fall a while before they go over, really make the scene suspenseful, make it a life or death struggle as they try in vain to escape it before going over. And there should only have been two falls (a kind of homage to the liferaft scene in ToD where they think they're safe before going over the edge of a cliff).

- Less is more sometimes. I like the ant scene, it was fine that it was CGI, but sometimes you can go a step to far and it takes you out of the film as you are reminded that its just CGI. The ants building a ladder to get to Spalko is an example of this.

Other than those, I was pretty damn pleased with the film (y)