What did you do with your Trilogy VHS's?

What did you do with your Trilogy VHS tapes?

• Still have them; don't have the heart to get rid of them!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • I tossed them out.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I gave them away.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I sold them (garage/yard sale, etc).

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoo

Niteshade007 said:
I only had Raiders (actually, it was my dad's),
:confused: Please, tell me you're joking!

I'll never get rid of mine. I've got 3 copies of "Raiders" incuding the early one
with the black box and 2 copies of the others. Yes, the original "Crusade" is great
because of the Diet Coke commercial. I was so happy that was put on there
(long version, too)! Plus, as AdamwanKenobi said, the '99s have exclusive bits.

UltimateManGod

I think I have mine still. I lost my Last Crusade cover, so it's covered by a recordable VHS cover right now. I also have the unaltered Star Wars film on VHS. I don't really see myself watching any of those VHS's though. I have the DVDs, and I don't even care about the alterations for the Star Wars movies.

martinland

Indyologist said:
Do you still have your VHS tapes of the Trilogy? If not, what did you do with them? If you kept them, why?
Besides the above-mentioned nostalgia factor:
As soon as somebody points me towards a digital/DVD copy of "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" we're talking, but up until then it's my prrrrreciousssssss. :-D

Ska

deckard24 said:
Anyone have the Laserdiscs by any chance? Those are kind of cool collectibles!

Yep...found Raiders of the Lost Ark at a used bookstore (that also sells movies and music).

I don't even have a Laserdisc player!

And I'll never sell my VHS's...they're part of my collection.

jonesissparrow

You know I did the opposite whatever anybody else did. Instead of getting the DVDs I went got used VHS copies of Raiders and Temple from two different thrift stores on the same day because I didn't have them before last year. I got LC on VHS from my aunt at christmas. The reason I did that because I know the DVDs were going to be rereleased and I went bought the used videos so I have something, I mean I was tired checking them out of the library and sometimes they get checked out alot especially LC.

Niteshade007

Stoo said:
:confused: Please, tell me you're joking!

I'll never get rid of mine. I've got 3 copies of "Raiders" incuding the early one
with the black box and 2 copies of the others. Yes, the original "Crusade" is great
because of the Diet Coke commercial. I was so happy that was put on there
(long version, too)! Plus, as AdamwanKenobi said, the '99s have exclusive bits.

Umm...no, I'm not joking, sorry. And I didn't realize the black box was older. That's the one we had. The video was just in such poor condition that it hardly seemed worth it to keep it. It's not like I could ever watch it again.

Dr Jones

I still have mine, I was so excited in getting them and still hold them in my loft remembering the thrill of watching them all back to back!

:whip:

Indy's Fist

I sold mine off with a bunch of other movies when I upgraded to DVD. I always hated the crappy picture quality on the old VHS versions. Last Crusade was the only exception. Also the fact that they were in full screen pissed me off too!:)

Chiliana Jones

i still have them, and not just one VHS version. i have all three films in 3 or 4 different VHS versions. why throw/give/them away when they are a part of an indy-collection(y)

Maybe.Not Today

metalinvader said:
I've got two copies of each film on VHS,My original tapes that I grew up with and the box set from '99.They now gather dust in my collection.:)

Same here. The dvds make my multiple vhs copies part of my indy collection, just like the next incarnation ( hopefully blueray) will do to the dvds.

Gear

We only have ToD on VHS. The rest we copied years ago.

Now we have em all on DVD... copied of coarse

Cagefighterkip

i still have them on VHS... if they still work and such there is no point (IMO) to buy DVD if i already have them... when my VHS copies go bad THEN i'll replace them w/DVDs

NamedAfterDaDog

They're still on my bottom shelf of my movie cabinet; always will be, and always will be watched once a year at least (even though I have the DVD's... show some compassion, their race [VHS's, I mean] is practically extinct! ;) )
Yep.