what is your favorite "love" scene?

which is your favorite "love" scene

• marion and indy (ow it hurts)

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • willie and indy ( five minutes )

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • elsa and indy ( i don't like fast women)

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocWhiskey

EvilDevo said:
Oh man, that picture would be HILARIOUS if you hadn't seen the movie before and didn't understand the context of the scene.

Haha.

Harrison Ford as Helen "Indiana" Keller in
"The Miracle Worker"

Keller: Bwha ahaha...
Willie: It has a name! It has a name!
Keller: Bwagghsd...boobs....boooobbbs...
Willie: Yes! Yes! It has a name!
Keller: Boobs! Gazongas! Funbags! TittyKnockers!

monkey man

I voted Marion/Indy.

My second favorite isn't mentioned but it's the Austrian/German kiss scene in LC. When Indy says "I liked the Austrian way better" after Vogel slaps him. Still cracks me up. I know, barely a love scene but I count it.

graz

I liked the Marion/Indy scene. It was funny and sweet. The Willie/Indy scene was amusing but a bit too contrived for me.

Marionfan706

i like all of them in a different way. marion and indy b/c they r so funnny, here marion is trying 2 b nice but indy is just agitated, or is he?

willie and indy b/c well, its just funny how they r on such different pages

elsa and indyb/c they are so lusty mad at each other

I went with Marion and Indy. I think the chemistry between them makes that scene resonate a little more for me, because you can really feel the passion between them. It's set up so well too, because we know they were together years before and their feelings for each other are developed right from the start when Indy mentions her while packing to go to Nepal and continues being fleshed out through the middle of the movie. Then the scene on the ship seems like it's going to be the payoff, and Indy falls asleep. So classic.

The scene with Willie is really good too, but I agree with the poster who said it seemed contrived. There was no setup for them to all of a sudden want to jump one another - one second he just seemed annoyed by her (even though he thought she was beautiful), and the next second he's putting the moves on her. I don't know, it's a small gripe, and I still like the scene, I just think the one with Indy and Marion is better.

Benraianajones

Marion and Indy's love scene was more tender, and serious, because they truly have something special between them.

The reason Willie and Indy's seems so contrived and humorous is simply because it isn't love - it's just sex that wont mean much.

Elsa and Indy's scene was very brief, and also mirrored the fact that him and her were also just a crazy mixed up fling and nothing more.

Benraianajones said:
Marion and Indy's love scene was more tender, and serious, because they truly have something special between them.

The reason Willie and Indy's seems so contrived and humorous is simply because it isn't love - it's just sex that wont mean much.

Elsa and Indy's scene was very brief, and also mirrored the fact that him and her were also just a crazy mixed up fling and nothing more.

Thank you for that post. That's pretty much what I was thinking too, but you expressed it more clearly and succinctly than I could. :hat:

DarthDave

I voted for Elsa and Indy, but that's just because I think Alison Doody is really hot:)

Technically, the best would be the one with Marion. Although the "5 minutes" scene where he gets strangled is great too.

They're all good!

Johnny Jones

For some reason it just let me accidentally vote for Marion and Willie. But there's nothing I can say about either of them that hasn't already been said, I suppose.

Niteshade007

Willie and Indy have better dialogue, a bit reminiscent of the old films of the 30s and 40s, but as far as overall believability and romantic scenario, I gotta go with Marion and Indy. But, in the other films' defense, they weren't trying to be a true romance. These were just flings. "You know it, and I know it."

indyclone25

i'm glad you all liked the love scenes ---- i always thought they were a good diversion to get away from some of the action before they had some more action coming at us again ----

All pale in comparison to Ms Ravenwood.

Puh-leese! Willie: "Well enough of me talking about me...what do you think, of ME!

Elsa: That was fun but don't you have another ship to pass in the night?