What music would Indy like if he were in the 21st Century?

Canyon

Okay, seeing as we've had a couple of threads about Indy in this particular time period, if Indy was here, what music do you think that he would like?

I'm thinking that he would be partial to a bit of blues, jazz, and possibly some rock. ;)

Your thoughts?

I never said that this thread would be sensible...

Luckylighter

Are talking as if he were the same age today as he was when the films took place? Is he a 36-40 year old Indy, or a 105 year old Indy? Is the premise that he was born in 1968 making him the same age as he was in Raiders?

I think a 36 year old male today would like the music he grew up with, like Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana. But since he is a world traveler, he would also appreciate world music, like raggae or Afro-Cuban sounds, like Buena Vista Social Club.

Canyon

Guys, quit foolin' around!

What is it with some people *cough* Webley *cough* Finn.

I try to start an original thread and you guys wanna mess around!

:rolleyes:

LuckyLighter, the more sensible of the group, in answer to your question, what I mean is, if the Indy from the 1930's came to the 21st Century what music would he like?

Luckylighter

Canyon said:
LuckyLighter, the more sensible of the group, in answer to your question, what I mean is, if the Indy from the 1930's came to the 21st Century what music would he like?

Well in that case, I stick by my last two ideas: raggae and the Buena Vista Social Club. I think he would shun the modern radio stuff that passes for music today. I bet he would dig Eric Clapton, probably some classic rock and blues. Some R&B maybe...Motown, perhaps. Definitely classical music.

EDIT: Sensible, eh? Those are flirtin' words.

swords

As rock was the modern jazz and blues of the latter half of the past decades, the modern incarnation of blues and jazz today is hip hop. Weird, huh? Not exactly the answer you were problably looking for...;)

*tongue in cheek*Scary as this might sound to some, I can actually see Indy nodding his head to "In the Club" or something.*/tongue in cheek*

Canyon

Sorry to go off topic.

Swords, its really great to see you on the Raven again and look foward to reading more of your posts. :D

swords

An belated welcome, but thanks!

I was briefly the "man with no name", and for a short period of time it looked indefinite, but thankfully it wasn't meant to be. ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
How many college professors do NOT listen to heavy metal? Nightwish, Iron Maiden and Metallica rule.

Indyologist

I don't know about Indy, but believe it or not, I know Harrison Ford likes Eminem. He says he likes it "for the storytelling."

Indyz Azn Gurl

Indyologist said:
I don't know about Indy, but believe it or not, I know Harrison Ford likes Eminem. He says he likes it "for the storytelling."

HAHAHA!!
He probably got influenced while filming Hollywood Homicide. :rolleyes: :p