What music would Indy like if he were in the 21st Century?

Indyologist

Luckylighter said:
Well in that case, I stick by my last two ideas: raggae and the Buena Vista Social Club. I think he would shun the modern radio stuff that passes for music today. I bet he would dig Eric Clapton, probably some classic rock and blues. Some R&B maybe...Motown, perhaps. Definitely classical music.

There is NO QUESTION in my mind of what Indy would listen to. After coming out of the cryogenic deep freeze, I know that one of the things he'd ask is:
"So, um, do Jazz and Blues still exsist? If not, you can just put me back on ice..."

Of COURSE Indy is definately a jazz and blues fan. Just read the novels. Wherever Indy would live, he'd cruise the local Jazz scene/clubs and probably stick with a few favorite groups. If he could, he'd probably befriend a couple of people from these groups and go and listen to them when they play and hang out with them afterwards, if they'd let him!

I'm also pretty sure Indy would listen to NPR (National Public Radio). They play jazz and blues (at least here in Buffalo, they do) and he'd want to listen to some news to stay informed about current events/issues/opinions.

Like Lucky said, he'd probably shun the "music" on the radio. At least I think he would. He'd probably give a listen and say, "The hell?!" (flips through the dials) "Where's the jazz on this thing?!"

Indyologist

Renderking Fisk said:
Indyologist, I love you... I loved your post. You had me right up to the "NPR" comment.

They're getting better... but for a very long time they were VERY partisan. I can listen to NPR forever untill they get on the subject of politics. Then I can't shut it off fast enough.

Yeah, I can't stand the political yip-yap, either. I ususally don't listen to the talk shows unless it's on a subject that intrests/concerns me. Most of the opinions don't jive with mine. I don't know if Indy would get into that political stuff, but he'd definately want to be up on current events/opinions/world news.

And I love you too, Renny -- as an Indyfan! Heck, I care about everyone here-- why, I can even stomach Finn!

Since Indy's "blood" courses though the veins of all Indyfans, I consider you all my extended Indy "family." Indy is a romantic who sticks by his friends, helps those in need, and keeps his word-- and I'm no exception.

Snif-- l love you guys! -- snif

Indyologist

Indyologist said:
There is NO QUESTION in my mind of what Indy would listen to. After coming out of the cryogenic deep freeze, I know that one of the things he'd ask is:
"So, um, do Jazz and Blues still exsist? If not, you can just put me back on ice..."

Of course, this comment would be one of the ones AFTER he says his first words. Probably something like,
"Where the hell am I and how did I get here?"

Comment #2:
"Uh, did I happen to come with a hat? Yeah, a hat. A brown fur felt fedora that looks like it went to hell and back. Oh. Well, at least I know what to buy first. Huh? What the hell is an Akuba?"