What would you like Indy to do in Indy IV

Johan

Definatly lots of Connery and Jones action! But I would really like to see a story line that would have another biblical base, its more enthralling.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:

Originally posted by Attila the Professor
Y'know, even better than politicians would be lobbyists...

...They're of a different group than the bugs, snakes, or rats (insects, reptiles, and rodents, respectively), and certainly can have a certain creepiness factor, if filmed correctly.
Politicians, Lobbyists, insects, reptiles, and rodents... they're all part of the "Creepy" family.

Wow...it's been awhile since I've been improperly quoted. An honour, truly.

;)

I

Indy's_main_man

yeah he did...and if you didn't notice on the making of interview for temple of doom.....short round isn't so short anymore

Indyologist

I've answered this question before, I believe. Personally, I loved seeing Indy using the "tools of his trade" as an archeologist. The brush in the Map Room. The surveying instrument. I enjoyed seeing him supervising that dig for the Well of the Souls.

In short, I would love to see Indy at work as an archeologist in the next film. I'd like to see him, at one point, out in the field with a few grad students and volunteers at a dig site, talking archeology shop, explaining the different procedures to them, using some of the tools, digging side by side with them, etc. Let's show the world that while Indy is an adventurer, he is first and foremost a professional at what he does for a living and not just a guy who scrapes by using derring-do alone.

Indyologist

Pale Horse said:
Heck, I'd like him to finally keep an artifact he works so hard for, and have his honor restored as an archeologist. He may be a hero (though you'll never hear me say that) but as an archeologist, his reputation is severely damaged.

Hear, hear Pale Horse. Let him finally hit some hard earned "pay dirt" for crying out loud!

Ska

I, too, agree with bringing back some archeology in the archeologist!

I had posted this before on the other Raven before it got burned down. I would love for Indy to explore some kind of dark, torch-lite maze or labyrinth filled with various traps. It could be a race to the center between Indy and the bad guys for some artifact. There are many "cool" artifacts and myths around the Minotaur and King Minos (The Minotaur, a large man-bull, was stated to have been kept in the center of a large maze around Athens, Greece. Various people were forced into the labyrinth as a sacrificial offering.). Just think of the possiblilities...

EDIT: If you think the above sounds interesting:
http://www.minotaur-websites.com/minomyth.htm

Ska

Last edited:

Indyologist

Attila the Professor said:
Y'know, even better than politicians would be lobbyists...

But seriously, I like the idea of crabs. They're of a different group than the bugs, snakes, or rats (insects, reptiles, and rodents, respectively), and certainly can have a certain creepiness factor, if filmed correctly.

Actually, I'd be more tempted to boil them and eat them than run away! Bring on the drawn butter, lemon wedges and funny paper bibs! Yum yum yummy!

I

Indy's_main_man

Worms....maybe that counts as bugs but millions of worms...freaky

or perhaps Birds....like a hitchcock sort of thing where they peck someone's eyes out and then quietly stare at Indy as he slowly tiptoes away

AntiJones

Die gloriously

For Indy 4, if it ever happen. I like to see Indy die gloriously saving the world and at the same time leaving clues that there is a a girl somewhere out there pregnant with Indy's child. This will make pretty sequels to replace HF as the leading role.

I

Indy's_main_man

That's nice...but it won't happen. If you have a problem with Ford as Indy then mozey on down to a place where you'll be accepted...i dunno... a trekkie convention possibly...they like everbody.

I

Indy_Jones88

Indy's_main_man said:
That's nice...but it won't happen. If you have a problem with Ford as Indy then mozey on down to a place where you'll be accepted...i dunno... a trekkie convention possibly...they like everbody.

Including aliens and freaks

freaks = AntiJones :whip: :p

I

Indy_Jones88

Indy_Jones88 said:
Including aliens and freaks

freaks = AntiJones :whip: :p

Sorry, couldnt resist.

"If I have offended you, for that I am sorry."

I

Indy's_main_man

I think he may have offended some people and if he can dish it out he can take it too.

AntiJones

Yes, I sure can take it - unlike some.

Thanks Indy88, you have succeeded in not just offending not just the trekkies, but also the those alienated by your fervent indy faith.