What you want to see improved with a patch

Quest

What do you want to see improved in Emperor's Tomb for the PC? I say LucasArts really needs to put out a patch for the following:

1. The game really needs to enable you to make at least one savegame in a level.
2. Losing items when going to a next level, highly frustrating. I spared a lotta medkits and all but in the next level they're gone. That sucks.

But below the most important one...
3. MAKE THE GAME LOAD FASTER. When you die and say 'continue' it reloads the entire level. This is silly programming. The level is still in the memory of the pc. They only need to replace characters and indy in a start position. That shouldnt take 5 minutes. But 5 seconds at most. It's highly annoying and frustrating, especially since you can't save. Then it's a must for the game to load fast!

ps I'm just super frustrated because i start in a level with 1/4th health (the one where you need to use a machine gun to gun down several enemies right at the beginning of the level). I made it past there twice with super low hp. Then I went through the cave and down to the crane, shot two guards there. Even once I slided to the roof at the docks where there's another guard. Even killed him. Had one pixel of hp left in the bar, let myself fall off the roof and died. Booyah. This is the first time an indy game made me this angry since Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade action...Done it several times now but I wait more for loading the level than progressing in the game. Bah.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
One of the things I hate is the controls. Using the mouse and the keyboard makes things more difficult when he is running all the time, either slow down the run or speed up his walk and give a choice between the two. I have fallen off three ledges because I was trying to turn around, that or give a walk backwards button like in IM.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Aaron H said:
One of the things I hate is the controls. Using the mouse and the keyboard makes things more difficult when he is running all the time, either slow down the run or speed up his walk and give a choice between the two. I have fallen off three ledges because I was trying to turn around, that or give a walk backwards button like in IM.
You CAN customize the controls Aaron... ;) Just hit Escape while playing and you'll see it.

I'd like to see the hat glitched fixed. Some times his hat will just dissapear and when you hit pause it goes away. Pretty funny, but still, needs fixing. Other than that I like all that I've seen!

Quest

I'm now in the Emperor's Tomb but getting in is getting past numerous boobytraps. And you need to do this in one level. It really sucks if you ask me. Are they senile? Can't the understand its NOT fun to replay replay replay replay the same level over and over cause you keep dying? Geez, I thought that's lesson number one when creating a professional game.

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The game is great overall, but two things that need to be corrected are:

• Make the running/swimming movement and the climbing animations just a tad slower.
  • Let us have the ability to save during the game (at least once a level, if not more)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Hopefully they could implement those into a patch soon. :)

-G

[Edited by Goodsport on 03-28-2003 at 03:23 pm]

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Dang! I'm gonna have to get rid of my habbit of saving every two seconds. I don't have the game yet...it's gonna be hard.

But I hope it's not too much of a Oh-my-god-I-so-want-to-throw-my-computer-out-the-window kind of game!

Tequileros

I load my game in like 20 seconds I don't know what the problem is :D. Okay I got a 2,4 Ghz but so what :D.

What I wanted to be fixed is that croc. First he's doing stupid in the water, and when I'm in the water he's immediatly going after me, even if he didn't saw me, and killed me. And then finally when I got that thing... well people who played that level know what I mean.
I actually passed it and I'm now in the Great Hall in Prague. I actually hate the fact that you can get your health down if you only fall a few feet. That's not that good. They also could make the mouse controls a bit better. The camera doesn't work that good with my mouse.

And yes, sometimes it can be a throwing-my-computer-out-the-window if you are playing at hard, like me.

Quest

Tiger, just wait till you get further in the game. It can get very -throw-your-pc-outta-the-window-

Or at least i think it is....20 seconds to load is still too long. Seriously. This is 2003 for pete's sake.

Anyway, the further I got in the game, the more I got annoyed by it.

DrJones56

IndyFan
It's about 45 seconds on my 900mghz, but just try GTA: VC, DAMN! That thing takes forever! Oh well, it's all worth it I suppose...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
DrJones56 said:
Aaron H said:
You CAN customize the controls Aaron... ;) Just hit Escape while playing and you'll see it.
I know :rolleyes:, that is what I have been doing, and none of the speeds seem to work...I still think they need to fix it so the camera control is smoother. (a backwards step button might just do the trick!)

Tequileros

Mr.Deflok said:
Speed up loading times and implement support for Anti-Aliasing.

That's right! Anti-Aliasing! That's what we need here.

O and the shadows don't work that good. No hat in Indy's shadow.

Wizzette3457

Dang controls....

Aaron mentioned in an earlier post that the controls (even though customized to his personal preference) are still jerky and don't always work.

HE'S RIGHT! For instance....I've customized the controls to use the keyboard (who needs the mouse for camera control when the view is from directly behind Indy anyway?) and the CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, TAB, etc. keys.

I'm NOT left handed, so using the W,S,A and D to move up down, left, or right is very frustrating....so, I set the arrow keys (should be the default keys anyway). However, whenever Indy is on a rope or vine somewhere, and if you don't make the first "swing" to the ledge, he stops swinging. You're suppose to be able to use the default keys W,S, A and D OR your customized keys for Up, Down, Left and Right to get him to SWING AGAIN. That doesn't work. Instead, I have to hit the ESC key and RESET all my customized keys to DEFAULT before he'll swing and I can finally get off a vine. That sucks! Afterwards, I have to go back and reset the controls to my preferences. I've got those memorized! Truly sucks major eggs!

Does anybody know of any cheat codes yet? I hate the fact that I have NO CONTROL over when I can and cannot save games. NOT A GOOD THING!

Norma

I would like to see:
1. unlimited saves
2. faster loading
3. quicker way of quiting the game

I loved Indy and the Infernal Machine. The graphics were just as good as this new game. In that game you could save when every you wanted and weren't asked a million times if you wanted to quit the game. The reason I want more saves when ever we need them is because moving Indy is hard in this game using a pc and key board. I would like to know who beta tested this game on a pc and how they were able to make it through with out replaying each section over and over. I have replayed that second section of Ceylon so many times that I am water logged. I hope there is a patch or this game is going on the shelf.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Norma said:
I would like to see:
1. unlimited saves
2. faster loading
3. quicker way of quiting the game

welcome to the club, except for #3, why would yo wanna quit it? :D

Welcome to the Raven, Where Paths Cross ;)

Quest

i agree with Norma on her points of improvements. The quitting thing taking so long annoyed me too. Now when I didnt get any further I just press ctrl-alt-del and end its process with force :) I wouldnt do that when youve gotten further in the game since you started it cause it might write away information when you quit. Not very likely though.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Alright, granted the controls aren't that great, but that's what we get with 3rd person. The right and left need to be turn buttons, not directional. And the hat glitches get bad when it's dark in a room. And maybe some more AI bots. I feel like I'm in attack of the clones! :eek:

But if you use the first person (c in default) you can turn to position yourself for jumps and stuff.

[Edited by DrJones56 on 03-29-2003 at 10:07 am]

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
DrJones56 said:
But if you use the first person (c in default) you can turn to position yourself for jumps and stuff.[Edited by DrJones56 on 03-29-2003 at 10:07 am]
A major pain, though...it should be easier than that.

JerryKing

Press Alt-F4 to quit :D

I am annoyed by a lot, though... too much fighting, extremely *long* fights (is that Indy or Mortal Kombat???), idiotic controls (pressing fire on a selected items should activate it, don't you think, Lucasarts?), bad console remnant of no manual saves (and the fact that instead of insta-loading, after selecting a save I have to EXIT THE MENU and press "Start"!!!), no options to fiddle with (why can't I turn off some stupidities, such as the birds, dynamic lights, etc.? They only have three functions: to annoy, distract, and kill FPS. Why no selection of texture quality, and so on?)

I am currently reading the cvars in one of the DLLs, and some of them seem to be editable at least from one of the ini files. Perhaps there are some interesting ones in there

[Edited by JerryKing on 03-29-2003 at 12:13 pm]