Indy87

Better AI

I was about 20 feet infront of a guy and he still didnt notice I was their

anybody have the same problem?

Quest

something that fixes this:

indyet1.jpg

indyet2.jpg

I got this multiple times now in the Pillars level in Netherworld. I tried rebooting my pc and playing the game without any applications at all in the background but alas no effect. I think I got this error once one level back too.

LucasArts if you're reading this, please help??

pc specs:
p3 733mhz
geforce2 32mb
392mb ram

[Edited by Quest on 03-29-2003 at 02:26 pm]

Goodsport

Tequileros said:
I load my game in like 20 seconds I don't know what the problem is :D. Okay I got a 2,4 Ghz but so what :D.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Huh?!? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp It generally take my game about 4-5 seconds to load... sometimes even 3-4 seconds. And my system is probably similar to yours (Pentium 4, 2.53GHz, 1gb DDR SDRAM, 128mb GeForce4 ti4600 video card, etc.).

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Perhaps Kali Ma put a curse on your computer or something? ;)

-G

Mr.Deflok

Quest, I got that problem once too, can't remember where though.

To people who have stuttering camera control with the mouse: Make sure you TURN OFF Anti-Aliasing in your video cards advanced properties.

My specs:
2.4 GHz P4
512 DDR Ram
GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB DDR Ram
Soundblaster Live 5.1

My framerate still drops quite bit in some areas even on 1024x768!

DrJones56

IndyFan
Quest said:
something that fixes this:

indyet1.jpg

indyet2.jpg

I got this multiple times now in the Pillars level in Netherworld. I tried rebooting my pc and playing the game without any applications at all in the background but alas no effect. I think I got this error once one level back too.

LucasArts if you're reading this, please help??

pc specs:
p3 733mhz
geforce2 32mb
392mb ram

[Edited by Quest on 03-29-2003 at 02:26 pm]
VERY SAME THING QUEST, VERY SAME THING! I gotta tell you, I sat with LucasArts support for an hour, I eventually went out and returned the game and got a new one, it worked PERFECTLY! Not a glitch since and I'm in the third level, not a singal problem. I think there were some that had problems in them, glitches, but I got a new one and it works perfectly.

Rocky

Definately at least one save game per level it's so annoying to get killed just at the end of a level and have to through it time after time to get the right timing etc.

Thats the only thing I would like, loading times are not a problem for me (provided you got a fast hard drive)

And no problems on max detail with my GF4 TI4200.

Wizzette3457

I think there are many, many things that should have been fixed with the "beta testers" comments and concerns. Who beta tested this game, anyway? I was on the list, but to no avail!

1) Faster loading time (especially for newer and faster machines) and without having to go through so many freakin' steps to load your game.....
2) Ability to SAVE whenever you want, or at worst - once in each area.
3) User controls that are more feasible (like the arrow keys to move forward, back, left, right) instead of the W, S, A, and D keys (are we all left-handed people here?)
4) Exiting the game whenever you want without having to go through 4-6 steps to exit, and without having to use the ALT + F4 to exit 'illegally' performing an action.
5) The ability to USE the user controls that you've set for certain things (like vine swinging, etc.) instead of having to revert to the default settings to swing....

and so many more that I can't even think to list.

After having played both PS2 Indy and PC Indy games, I'm extremely disapointed in this one. I waited months and months for this game to come out (I pre-ordered in Sept. of 2002) and now that I have the game, I am so disappointed. Sure the graphics are good (looks more like a PS2 game, or an XBox style game graphics than for PC), but the controls and lack of saves are a joke! To state that the programmers enabled an "autosave" to make the game longer is nonsense. What about AF, or other games of the like? You can save whenever you want, with no limit. That's an excuse, not a fact.

I'll continue to play ET, but only until Angel Of Darkness comes out. I'm hoping that one doesn't disappoint me like ET.

Just my opinions here....no offense intended for those die-hard Indy fans. I'm one, too!

JerryKing

Wizzette3457 said:

3) User controls that are more feasible (like the arrow keys to move forward, back, left, right) instead of the W, S, A, and D keys (are we all left-handed people here?)

No - any FPS/TPS player keeps the right hand on the mouse to control the camera view and action buttons, and uses the left hand to move and strafe - and this is a normal practice for any game nowadays, including this one. Though personally I don't like the often-found WASD setting, and use S/C for up/down, and Z/X for strafing. Using cursors for movement as a default is fine in platform games or FPS games that don't allow smooth mouse controls (though probably not a single such one exists today...), but would be at least a strange setting in a standard FPS/TPS title.

Admittedly, though, Emperor's Tomb, as a badly designed console port, is ill-prepared to work with a mouse. Its reactions are jerky and chaotic, camera movement resets to the weirdest positions whenever a long mouse movement is performed...

Lucasarts, please never hire anyone from "Collective" again, and if you decide to work on another Indy title, give the job to a good development team. Or at least have *two* teams work separetely on each system... instead of concentrating on one (console), and then hastily and sloppily converting it into another (PC), resulting in a messy hack job. :\ Actually, why not use your own men? They designed Infernal Machine, after all, and did great. In fact, they even managed to do a great ported version - although it was PC->console, not vice-versa. :)

[Edited by JerryKing on 03-30-2003 at 08:57 am]

SensatioN

What really needs to be updated in a patch is a keybind problem.
The move forward key is "W" by default, if you try to bind that key to yout "arrow UP" button you can move forward, but not make a chain or something swing when your on it!
That sux... really hard! :(

Mr.Deflok

Hey SensatioN, take a look at the file called 'binds.cfg' with notepad in the Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb\GameData\indy\ directory, I think you can sort out your problem there. I haven't had time to look at it properly yet though.

SensatioN

Thanx m8, that may be the solution for me. :D
Although I'm not that smart with compu's, I'm gonna give ita try right now and let you know! :S

Wizzette3457

I checked out that file as you suggested, but couldn't make heads or tails of it.

If there's anyone out there who KNOWS EXACTLY what we should do to edit this file so that we can use the ARROW keys for moving forward, back, left, right AND be able to swing back and forth on the rope/chain, etc., I'm sure that we'd all be grateful for some friendly gamer advice.

There has just GOT to be a fix for all these problems people are having.....and it should be SOONER than later.

How 'bout we band together and all write to LucasArts requesting a PATCH for the problems we're having? I'm in.

SensatioN

Mr.Deflok said:
Hey SensatioN, take a look at the file called 'binds.cfg' with notepad in the Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb\GameData\indy\ directory, I think you can sort out your problem there. I haven't had time to look at it properly yet though.

Well you were 100% right Mr. Deflok, this actually solved my problem. Just bind your "move up" to any other key then "Arrow Up" and you should be fine.
Thank you very very very much for this m8, I can finally go on with the game! :D

Gonzo

My preference is for the arrow keys for normal movement, i'd use W and S for swinging, but that's not possible, so I speak up too for the patching to fix that. The binding controls menu doesn't cover it all, and it should.

Great game otherwise though so far, I haven't found it hard to control other than that, and the levels/fights/graphics/story are all awesome.

Mr.Deflok

Here's an example of how to edit that file
setbind 0 COMMAND_UI_UP KEYBOARD 0 KEY_UP -1.0 1.0 1.0
That's an original line.

Don't worry about the SETBIND 0 part, in fact don't even touch it. COMMAND_UI_UP refers to what command the line is about, ie moving upwards, downwards, shooting, in this case it's upwards. KEYBOARD 0 KEY_UP refers to which key is assigned to the command, in this case Key Up or Arrow Up is assigned to moving up. Don't worry about the numerical values at the end.

Hope this helps, sorry I'm rushing, I"ll edit this message to make it make more sense later.

Chow!

Scarecrow

Viewing maps in the PC version

Where it says in the manual on the bottom of page 27, and I quote:

"MAP: If you should find a map, you can view it by selecting it from your inventory."

Well, if they bring out a patch it would be nice if they could fix it so that I could actually do that. At present, when I select the map it simply produces the last piece of equipment I had out instead.

Cheers, Lucasarts.

... or is this another of those errors caused by remapping the keys?

Crow

PS - Emperor's Tomb is still the best PC game I've played since Crimson Skies.

Mr.Deflok

Originally posted by SensatioN
Well you were 100% right Mr. Deflok, this actually solved my problem. Just bind your "move up" to any other key then "Arrow Up" and you should be fine.
Thank you very very very much for this m8, I can finally go on with the game!

No problem man, glad I could help :)

Baloney T!ts

Mouse movement

They really need to work on the mouse issue too. I get all kinds of problems when trying to aim at someone/something and it just wavers past the target.