Where would you rank Emperor's Tomb in your list of shooters?

nycgamer

Would you say it?s your best shooter or do you have others that you think are better? List all of your console shooters from your favorite to least favorite and any shooters that you?re planning to get later. I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore shooting game fan, so I?m interested to see how Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb ranks for other 1st and 3rd person shooting gamers. Now, I realize that technically I.J.E.T. is an action/adventure title, not a shooter. However, I consider any game where you are armed with a projectile weapon with which you may dispatch enemies as a sort of "shooter". For the sake of this discussion, let's put Indy in the same category as Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, etc.

Yolegoman

I must say it wasn't designed as a shooter, but a fistfighting game, with a few shooting moments thrown in. I don't consider it very fair to rank it with Splinter Cell, it wasn't even designed to go in the same category.

My two cents.

Yolegoman

MP3

Exactly. In fact, I prefer not to use guns, except in extreme circumstances (e.g. when facing a flamethrower) - it's more fun to bat the crap out of a Nazi bastard using your fists. Furthermore the game lacks a first-person mode (no, look mode does NOT count, since you can't walk), which any decent "shooter" must have. In fact, by default, the guns all auto-aim!

nycgamer

Well, like I said, I was hoping you'd forgive the comparison at least for the sake of this thread. Dead To Rights, for example, is a shooter (http://www.deadtorights.com/) and yet is very similar to Indiana Jones in that you view the game from 3rd person perspective and you have more than just the option of shooting to deal with the enemy, such as fistfighting. Did you ever play that? Great game on Xbox ~ also coming to PC soon, which I'm excited to see. The main difference is that less puzzle-solving is involved and more fighting/shooting. I use guns as often as I can in Indy. My main frustration is that the guns run out of ammo so quickly. BTW, I'm on the level in The Emperor's Tomb where you have to get all the way across those elevating stone platforms, fighting the flying skeletons and animated statue warriors the whole way. How close am I to the end of the game?

Kumba

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs is my favorite game. If anybody hear plays it online tell me so we can play sometime online! I also enjoy the Medal of Honor series.