Which DVD's would I need for a Pulp Action/Adventure marathon?

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Here's the list I've made thus far (preferably in Widescreen format):

• Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • King Solomon's Mines
  • Alan Quartermain and the City of Gold
  • Lost Horizon
  • The Rocketeer
  • The Shadow (unfortunately, no Widescreen version could be found to this point)
  • The Phantom
  • Flash Gordon
  • The Mask of Zorro
  • The Mummy
  • The Mummy Returns
  • The Scorpion King

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm sure there are others, though... aren't there? :confused:

-G

Tequileros

You forgot Pulp Fiction :). However, it's not an adventure movie but it's a good Pulp movie (notice Pulp in the tittle :p)

"You know how they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?"
"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?"
"No man, they don't have the metric system over there, they don't know what a Quarter Pounder is. They call it 'A Royale with Cheese'" :D Or something like that :S

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
Romancing the Stone isn't on that list... FOR SHAME!

Also, League of Extrodanary Gentelmen.

I gotta go with Fisk on both of these. :D

icon_indy.gif

Original Raider

The Rundown with the Rock. Dont laugh, some good archaeology/adventure scenes. And Christopher Walken is in it: you cant go wrong.

Ska

Secret of the Incas - 1954 - Charlton Heston

Valley of the Kings - 1954

Hildalgo - 2004 - Viggo Mortenson

Tomb Raider & Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life

MANY more, btw...

Johan

Ghost And The Darkness

Pirates Of The Carribean

I too have to agree with LXG, The RUndown and Hidalgo

What about Lawrence Of Arabia?

By the way has anybody seen the new one with Ralph Fiennes - Lawrence After Arabia?

Goodsport

It seems that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow will be making its way to stores in about a month - and subsequently, into my DVD Pulp collection. :D

Though I still have yet to find a Region 1 (U.S.) Widescreen-version DVD of The Shadow. :(

-G

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Check out this site:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php

Using a simple code you can tell your player to play any region DVD [or switch it from reg. 1 to reg. 2., etc. [note: many players have an option for reg. 0, which means all regions...or it might just say all regions] I've done it on mine, and as far as I can tell, it works.

Raatikainen

Tequileros said:
You forgot Pulp Fiction :). However, it's not an adventure movie but it's a good Pulp movie (notice Pulp in the tittle :p)

"You know how they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?"
"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?"
"No man, they don't have the metric system over there, they don't know what a Quarter Pounder is. They call it 'A Royale with Cheese'" :D Or something like that :S

Tarantino's the man! Put both Kill Bill's on you're list while you're at it. :whip:

Goodsport [list said:
[*]The Shadow (unfortunately, no Widescreen version could be found to this point)

The Shadow is available in Widescreen on the Laserdisc release and on Region 2 DVD if you have a multiregion DVD player. I know it's not much help, but it can be found in widescreen if you have one of those 2 formats. I don't know why but both US DVD releases of it were full screen.

Last edited: