Which KOTCS DVD "STORE EXCLUSIVE" will you get???

What exclusive???

• Circuit City - Lithographs

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Best Buy - Crystal Skull Replica

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Target - 80 Page Photo Book

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Sears/KMart - Lego Mini Posters

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Walmart - "No Exclusive"

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tohtally Indy

I got the best buy gift set with The Crystal Skull.
I quite like it! It's solid, has a nice base which the skull sits on nicely. It also has good weight fir it's size. I give it a thumbs up!(y)

Here's a pic....

100_6699.jpg

StoneTriple

Now that I've had a chance to really go through it, the book has some fantastic photographs in it. Very glad I chose it.

Now, back to the film. Which is awesome in Blu-ray & my new theater room, by the way. I paused it after the radiation clean up.
Good God Almighty - what the hell am I doing on this board right now?!!

Later, peeps (or whatever the kids say these days) ;)

KyleRipman

Tohtally Indy - how big is the skull?

I opted for Circuit City's lithographs, the second one of which actually shows Indy and Mutt opening a conquistador's mummified "bag," exposing a human skull (not the crystal skull).

I bought the Best Buy DVD version for the Skull and the Target Blue Ray version. A buddy of mine is bought my standard 2-disk DVD for $15, so I only ended up paying $53 for the Blue Ray and 2 exclusives, plus the $25 gift card for Gentle Giant...and maybe 2 $10 Orvell Redenbacher rebates (if I decide to cut up the boxes...)

now to order that Blue Ray player.

WeAreGoingToDie

For those who love the films and the process of making them, I highly suggest the Target 2-Disc. The package is much classier than any standard DVD case. The Book/DVD case has a nice weight to it, it's like holding a Lord of the Rings Extended edition DVD. The content of the book, while a trimmed version of a much larger book, has a lot of content with chapters, awesome photos and Introductions from Ford and the photographer. It is a much better experience than a DVD image gallery (click >> to view the next image) and much more of a worthwhile Target exclusive than the Spider-Man 3 3-Disc w/booklet, Harry Potter 5 3-Disc and the Iron Man head case were.

It looks very classy when with the other DVDs. I couldn't see owning the 2-Disc set any other way. :whip:

Jonesy7

F.Y.E. Steelbook

I'm surprised no one mentioned the FYE/Suncoast Steelbook Exclusive with that gorgeous, unbordered, unobstructed, Struznan Teaser Poster Art. The Steelbooks have a nice hefty weight to them, and are beautifully done.

Particularly with Struznan retiring, this particular exclusive has some historical significance to Indy fans, as the best representation of this art available for this release. It also has a nice golden, metallic paint look giving the art a terrific, fiery impression.

Were I not the big Struznan fan, I'd go for the Target book release. I appreciate everyone's feedback and reviews as it helps me determine where to invest my efforts.

Last edited:

WeAreGoingToDie

I'd endorse the steelbook, but I don't find a huge benefit from them besides the aesthetic. Maybe they'd survive a nuclear blast? ;)
Good way to put it, in terms of exclusive cases: if you're a huge film/Struzen fan get the steelbook. If you're a big behind-the-scenes Ford/Spielberg fan get the Target book. (y)

Udvarnoky

Since it was announced I was dead set on buying the Best Buy exclusive, but, deciding that I like money, I went ahead and bought the Target release, which is the same price as the special edition.

WeAreGoingToDie

I've found the Target exclusive to be the most bang-for-your-buck of all to choose from. It's the lowest price in my area. Have yet to hear if anybody saw the Borders exclusive. :gun:

I love these things :whip: :gun: :hat:

WeAreGoingToDie

Jonesy9906753 said:
N/a.

-George Lucas will have no more of my money

Oh right, because ALL the profits of the DVD go RIGHT to him and only him because that's how things work. Just like that, yeah. You go do that then. :dead:

Maybe.Not Today

Quick question. Does anyone know if the steelbook exclusive is just for dvd or if its for blue ray as well? I bought the Target exclusive, deciding that it was the nicest packaging next to the steelbook, and i assumed the steelbook was just dvd. But if the steel book is blue ray as well then I may do a swap.

Crack that whip

sandiegojones said:
I believe the skull replica is DVD only. The other apply to both.

Thanks for the reply! :hat: - but checking out stores today, I couldn't find any indication LEGO posters are offered with the Blu-ray, either. I was hoping I could get the BD with the LEGO posters and the DVD with the Skull sculpture, but it appears this is not the case. :(

Can anyone tell me what vendor exclusives, if any, are being offered anywhere with the Blu-ray Disc?

James

Crack that whip said:
Can anyone tell me what vendor exclusives, if any, are being offered anywhere with the Blu-ray Disc?

I think the only two are the CC lithographs and the Target collectible book. (Both are packaged the same way as the standard dvd.)

Crack that whip

James said:
Also, why isn't there a Lego poster for TOD?

metalinvader said:
I really wanted to like the Lego posters but they just didn't do it for me.Plus the lack of a TOD poster is a big let down.

Looking at the promo images today in Kmart, it appears the second Raiders poster (the one based on Amsel's art from the '82 rerelease) is actually the ToD poster - that is, they've used Raiders art on a poster with the Temple of Doom logo.

:confused:

Disappointing, though even so I do like the posters. I just wish I could get them with the Blu-ray...

Crack that whip

James said:
I think the only two are the CC lithographs and the Target collectible book. (Both are packaged the same way as the standard dvd.)

Thanks! That sounds like it's the lithos for me, then (I do want the photo book, but I'll get the full version on its own anyway, so I can do without the abridged version with the Target releases of the movie).