Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

• Total voters

Goodsport

Pittsburgh losing the AFC Championship game prevented what would've been just the third intra-state Super Bowl in history. :eek:

The two intra-state Super Bowls were Super Bowl XXV (New York Giants vs. Buffalo Bills) and Super Bowl XXIX (San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers).

-G

Joe Brody

Not the Steelers, unfortunately. I'll root for the Eagles on this one but think that the Patriots D will take care of McNabb.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Patriots. The Minutemen seem to be always ready at a moments notice, no matter what. Held the best offensive team to 3 pts. Scored 41 pts. on the best defensive team. That says a lot.

Tennessee R

They came so far last year, and I'm guessing that they'll take it to the next step this year.

That's why I voted Patriots.

Raffey

Ameera said:
Well, Raffey, it looks like the Bears didn't make this one too. :p

Yeah, what do you know about professional sports? :p Aren't you living in yet ANOTHER state that doesn't have ONE SINGLE professional team?

How the hell does a entire state NOT have at least one pro team in any sport let alone two? :D

Anyway, I vote Pats even though I'd like to a meteor to drop on this Superbowl because I don't care for either team and/or their fans. :p :dead:

But, I thought the Colts/Steelers were definitely the teams to beat and the Pats systematically took out both.

Pats by a landslide!

Raffey

Easy....50 TD in 16 games equals 20 plus points per game. If Manning would've match his season average. Colts win!

And many of their wins didn't happen in their cozy dome.

monkey

Well, it seems as if everyone thinks this game hinges on T.O.

My take?

If T.O. plays.........the Patriots will win.

If T.O. doesn't play.........the Patriots will win.

The Patriots are the most solid, fundamentally sound, toughest team in the NFL. They are the best prepared, best coached, hardest working and hardest hitting team in the NFL. They epitomize the concept of "Team". No one on the team is bigger than the team.

Enough reasons why the Pats will win.

Two reasons why the Eagles won't win?

They have a couple of guys who think they are bigger than the team. (One of the ways to tell this is hairstyles, another way is big mouths)

But the biggest reason why the Eagles won't win is that they (being in the NFC) have not even come close to facing competition like the New England Patriots this year.

Just look at this: To get to the Superbowl the Eagles had to beat the Vikings and the Falcons, the Patriots had to beat the Colts and the Steelers.

'nuff said.

There's gonna be another parade in Boston soon.

Pale Horse

Staff member
monkey said:
Well, it seems as if everyone thinks this game hinges on T.O.

My take?

If T.O. plays.........the Patriots will win.

If T.O. doesn't play.........the Patriots will win.

The Patriots are the most solid, fundamentally sound, toughest team in the NFL. They are the best prepared, best coached, hardest working and hardest hitting team in the NFL. They epitomize the concept of "Team". No one on the team is bigger than the team.

Enough reasons why the Pats will win.

Two reasons why the Eagles won't win?

They have a couple of guys who think they are bigger than the team. (One of the ways to tell this is hairstyles, another way is big mouths)

But the biggest reason why the Eagles won't win is that they (being in the NFC) have not even come close to facing competition like the New England Patriots this year.

Just look at this: To get to the Superbowl the Eagles had to beat the Vikings and the Falcons, the Patriots had to beat the Colts and the Steelers.

'nuff said.

There's gonna be another parade in Boston soon.

Well said.

monkey

Hey T.O..............J

Right now I'm digging through my closet looking for my scrabble board.......but I can't seem to find it. Well, looks like I'll have to stick to watching football like I usually do.

(By the way, I understand the passion Philly fans, so I know where you're coming from)

All I can say is that The Eagles are a very good team (don't remember where I said that they suck), but they won't beat the Patriots. I know that you won't agree with that.

But, .......I've already said my piece. Why don't we pick up this conversation Monday morning. I've got a feeling that you'll be kind of quiet then though.

monkey

Thanks TOJ,
I appreciate your sentiments. Yeah, Philly fans and Boston fans have a lot in common, so I do understand where you're coming from. (And it took a former Philly, Terry Francona, to finally lead the Red Sox to a World Championship).

Let's hope it's a good game.

I'm sure as heck not guaranteeing a Pats win. You never know how these things can turn out.

monkey

Sorry TOJ, I understand Philly's pain.

But understand this:

For about forty years the New England Patriots played the role of the Cincinnatti Bengals in the NFL. They were the 'laughing stock', they were an instant 'W' for any team that played them. The very idea of the Patriots in the Superbowl was ludicrous for so many years..........then, when they finally made it there in 85 (five years later than your Eagles did by the way), they were utterly humiliated and debased by the Bears...........what was it? 50 to something? But not only were they beaten down on the field, but about 2 hours after the game a major cocaine scandal rocked the team. A promising young team promptly plummeted back down to the ninth plane of NFL Hell again for another decade.

It took Bill Parcells to finally bring them back and in 96 they made it back to the big game.........only to be beaten handily by glamour boy Brett Favre and the mighty Packers. And this time it didn't even take 2 hours after the game for insult to be heaped upon injury. Oh no, even before the game everyone knew that Bill Parcells was going to bail on the team and slither his fat tuna body over to New York............talk about being stabbed in the back!!

So no, I'm sorry, but I don't want to share the Patriots glory. I want to watch my team, star crossed for so long, bask in their well earned championships...........two is not enough, and if we win this year then 3 will not be enough. How wonderful it is to see teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Denver..........and all of those teams that are SUPPOSED to be in the Superbowl.........watching from the sidelines as the Patriots pile up Vince Lambardi trophies.

Thank you Bill Bellicek, Robert Kraft.

I'm not really a country music fan, but to quote a current country hit "Too much of a good thing.........is a good thing".

Greedy??? Me???? You better believe it!!!!

PS You Bengals fans take heart. You've got a great coach, and your time will come too.

monkey

yeah, Havelicek did steal that darned ball didn't he??? Almost forgot that, what with all the other championships lately in Boston........Red Sox.......Patriots.......

Well, thanks for all those nice compliments TOJ. Now paahdon me, I gotta go eat a bowl of chowdah.............a SUPER BOWL of chowdah!!

You want that cheese steak SUPER sized???? Sorry but Philly cheese steak doesn't come in SUPER size does it.