Who should play Marion?

Andy Jones

If Lucas decided to make another Young Indy TV Movie set when Indy met Marion, who do you think should play Marion?

I would go for either Eliza Dushku or Natalie Portman.

IndyBlues

Lindsay Lohan. She's young enough, AND she's sporting the freckles. When they met and fell in love, Marion was like 15 or something, correct?

Junior Jones

Lindsay Lohan might be a good choice.

She has some resemblance to Karen Allen (at least as much as Sean had to Harrison).

And I think she has talent. She's been wasting it lately, though, with Freaky Friday and Mean Girls. Her first movie was Parent Trap (the remake) and she played twins, one with an American accent and one English, and she did pretty well, IMO.

The problems is that she's never done a period piece. She's always only played a contemporary tween or teen.

IndyBlues

what's a tween movie??

IndyJohan said:
Lohan...? You trying to make indy into a tween Movie?

Well, like I said, if Marion was a teen when Indy started dating her.......wouldn't it make sense that a teen actress plays her, or even someone who can play a teen so well.

AND, I re-iterate...She's got the freckles.

Raffey

IndyJohan said:
Lohan...? You trying to make indy into a tween Movie?

I guess you are forgetting the fact the River Phoenix was a king of 'tweens' himself back in the 80's? :D

He ended up doing a decent job as young Indy.

blur

Pan Rado said:
Dude... Portman would never, EVER star in a TV movie.

Well she's done a lot of TV work in terms of documentaries and other TV appearances... I wouldn't rule her out of doing something on TV. I'm not suggesting THIS project, however, just pointing out that I doubt she would snub TV altogether if she wanted to do something. She is an actress very interested in her 'craft' and if TV offered something - just as stage has offered in the past - I'm sure she'd do it. She's not just a cardboard "can only appear in movies" Hollywood type.

Luckylighter

I have to admit, God help me but I like the Lindsay Lohan idea. Even though I have not seen anything that she had starred in, she just has a quality about her--OK two qualities ;) two big qualities--that makes her very appealing and charming. And the freckles help, too. I'd like to see them use a younger Indy and Marion in the pre-adventure, see how they met, or how they ended up having the affair when she was a teen. Lohan could pull that off, I think.

Mandy Moore's not a bad idea, either. Maybe Anne Hathaway.

I'd like to see an up and coming actress play a young Marion...for example Elizabeth Banks, who plays J.J. Jameson's secretary in "Spiderman 2" :

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006969/

Or Caroline Dhavernas, who had a short lived series this year on Fox called "Wonderfalls", which was a very good show that was mishandled in typical Fox fashion:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0223518/

blur

I should add that I think Eliza Dushku would be great (with paint-on freckles!) because she has real spunk, too.

Finn

Staff member
What do you mean by older actress, Johan? We specifically need a <i>young</i> one. Marion was underaged when she met Indy for the first time, and she was still underaged when she met Indy for the last time before Raiders.

Finn

Staff member
An actor of that age to play a <i>teenage</i> girl? Sure thing... it's been done before.

Webley

IndyBlues said:
Lindsay Lohan. She's young enough, AND she's sporting the freckles. When they met and fell in love, Marion was like 15 or something, correct?
I vote Lohan