Who would you like to see write the script for Indy 5?

indytim

A lot of the negative comments I see about Indy 4 on this forum seem to be directed at David Koepp's script. Therefore, if Indy did return for a fifth adventure who would you like to see script it, if feelings are that Mr Koepp hasn't quite captured that old Indy magic?

Personally, I'd love to see Lawrence Kasdan submit a script as Raiders is (and I suspect will always be) my favourite Indy adventure. It's tone and dialogue are near enough perfect. It also got me thinking which films I had seen recently that had that '80's blockbuster feeling', and one film that stood out was Stardust. Written by Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman, it made me smile all the way through with it's witty mix of adventure and comedy.

One writer I would love to see write an Indiana Jones adventure is the author Tim Powers. If you are not aware of Mr Powers work then I can highly recommend him. Any fans of supernatural, mysterious, action adventures will love his books especially The Anubis Gates and On Stranger Tides (which, once read, obviously provided the inspiration for both the Monkey Island games and Pirates Of The Caribbean). If Tim Powers was given the opportunity to work on a new Indy movie I'd be as giddy as a school boy :D

Ste2652

I'd really like to see another Kasdan effort too. I wonder why they didn't ask him back for Temple of Doom or Last Crusade...

Forrestal1972

KASDAN, please! Make it edgy, appealing to adults as well as children (just like Raiders), and here's a radical idea; let's have an Indy movie without a new family member showing up. Actually, how about an Indy movie that's just about Indy and not his father, son, wife, mother, long lost brother, distant uncle, or pet dog. I've often wondered why in a film based on cliffhangers, thye don't take a chance and end a movie on a cliffhanger. I wouldn't mind the last ever image of Indy to be him, in hat, jacket with whip in hand surrounded by hostile natives in the middle of a jungle or on top of a cliff with a stolen idol tucked under his arm painted into a corner... fade to black, whip crack sound, and roll credits. Ok, so I'm not a screen writer, but that's why I'm suggesting Kasdan!

sandiegojones

herr gruber said:
I thought Kasdan contributed to some small KOTCS dialogue?...
I'm sure that "They all had the same problem. They aren't you honey!" was from Kasdan but other than that I don't think he had anything else to do with it.

I actually cannot think of a single screenwriter who could write another IJ film. More than likely they'd stick with Koepp if they did hurry and make another one. I don't think KOTCS script was bad, I think more people took exception to the plot more than anything. I like it though.

pitt_norton

+1 for Kasdan.

Koepp said that he got in contact with Kasdan to help deliver dialogue between Indy and Marion. And those 2 scenes felt like dialogue between Indy and Marion... There was that spark you could recognize.

Mike00spy

Maybe some of the people who are vocal about "how bad it is" should submit a script for all of us on the Raven to read.

Indy's Fist

Mike00spy said:
Maybe some of the people who are vocal about "how bad it is" should submit a script for all of us on the Raven to read.
Come on now. Just because some people wern't entertained dosen't mean they are scriptwriters. Besides Lucas,Speilberg and Ford all have to agree on the script. So in 19 or 20 more years maybe, just maybe we'll see another Indy movie.

Mike00spy said:

I have Jeffrey Boam's script for Sword of Arthur. Could use a few re-writes but the premise is there and it's a hell of a lot better than Skull.

Mike00spy said:

Well if our incentives to good writing were a few million dollars, I'm sure we could knock together a decent text.

Indy's Fist

Adamwankenobi said:
James Cameron and Joss Whedon. (y) Then we'll know at least Marion will have good dialogue. ;)

Joss Whedon? Oh hell no. I hate everything he has ever done. He's a poor writter. Buffy? Angel? Firefly? To me all crap!