Why Did They Not Use This Poster?!?!?

JCC1004

My favorite is the warehouse one. I don't like the other one. It looks funny to me. I don't like it for some reason. I would much prefer to have the warehouse one then the one I have nowhanging in my media room.

Bjorn Heimdall

indyclone25 said:
gl0810011540498403.jpg

"Is there someone there? I can't see anything. It's dark, and I'm also getting old"

Darth Vile

Henry said:
Did you know these illustration?

I don't know what they were made for. Maybe a book cover?

I wouldn't have thought they were legit... the top one appears to have Robert Duvall from The Eagles Have Landed in it...

StoneTriple

MaverickKing said:
Who's the chick in the bottom drawing?

She has a Catherine Hicks\Lea Thompson vibe.

I agree by the way, both those illustrations seem set up as a paperback covers. Very well done, both of them - whatever they were intended for.

Henry

I found this pic in the net:

indy11.jpg

I'm curious about de pic in the right corner. Does anyone know where is it from or have a larger version?

DocWhiskey

Henry said:
I found this pic in the net:

indy11.jpg

I'm curious about de pic in the right corner. Does anyone know where is it from or have a larger version?

Nice pic, but I never understood why artists think they have to make Indy look so jolly when he's in midswing of his whip. I mean, he whips in defense/attack mode. He should look angry or determined, not like he just drank the blood of the kali.

The_Raiders

DocWhiskey said:
Nice pic, but I never understood why artists think they have to make Indy look so jolly when he's in midswing of his whip. I mean, he whips in defense/attack mode. He should look angry or determined, not like he just drank the blood of the kali.

I think they do it to show a certain.... I'm not sure, rougeish personality to him. I like the smiling pictures, but you never really that many of him just standing and smiling, it is usually the whipping ones. But I like this new one, I'd like to know where it came from.

Indysolo12

DocWhiskey said:

I think it's from Raiders just that Indy looks more like Harrison Ford instead of an artwork : http://img167.imageshack.us/i/locandinazo9.jpg/

Like how STAR WARS did with the unaltered DVD like this

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/images/2006/05/star-wars-new-hope-cover.jpg

http://vintagestarwarsposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/star-wars-poster.jpeg

Silvor

I don't really like that poster of him standing on the steps ready to whip. He just doesn't fit with the background.
Indy himself looks as if he's just a photo with a filter on top of it.
Really reminds me of the stand ups from crystal skull, like this one.
http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/22/2251/5RZZD00Z.jpg
I even think I've seen the stand up that photo is taken from, tough I'm not 100% sure of that.

Silvor

DocWhiskey said:
Well, the KotCS cardboard stand ups are made from photos. I have a ToD one that's from the poster with him holding the machete.
What I meant was, I think I've seen the standup/photo from which the Indy in the poster is taken from. He looks like a photo in the poster even.

EddyW

Browsing Drew Struzans webiste I stumbled across this pic I hadn't seen before:
gl080704101811969.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing this as a limited print of some kind! Really nice painting. And I also noticed something else. There is a picture of the original artwork on his site done for the Crystal Skull teaser poster.
gm080720121425865.jpg

Notice how Indy's head is drastically changed in the final version. It's hard to tell from such a small picture, but I think I like the original head better actually. You can also see that the light blue details around the title are added digitally after Drew finished it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop this here.

Indy Brazil

Notice how Indy's head is drastically changed in the final version. It's hard to tell from such a small picture, but I think I like the original head better actually. You can also see that the light blue details around the title are added digitally after Drew finished it.

Yeah, I noticed this too some time ago. I think the face was changed maybe in Photoshop after Drew did another one.