Why do the sequels recieve criticism upon their initial release?

StoneTriple

Darth Vile said:
As someone who really appreciates Burton's take on 'Batman', I'm interested in understanding the gripe. Not sure what you mean by the "choice of vehicles"? Do you mean that you think the design of the Batmobile was poor?

I'm a little interested in that myself. Particularly since that Batmobile is the coolest Batmobile there has ever been, or ever will be. ;)

batmobilebkg.jpg

Dr.Jonesy

StoneTriple said:
I'm a little interested in that myself. Particularly since that Batmobile is the coolest Batmobile there has ever been, or ever will be. ;)

batmobilebkg.jpg

That is a beautiful sleek and stylish Batmobile. I met the guy who built the car a few years ago. George Barris was awesome!

:gun:

But I love the Batman Begins/Dark Knight Batmobile for its military look and usefulness.

Back to topic, I agree somewhat with RocketSurgeon...

Darth Vile said:
As someone who really appreciates Burton's take on 'Batman', I'm interested in understanding the gripe. Not sure what you mean by the "choice of vehicles"? Do you mean that you think the design of the Batmobile was poor?

That's not what I meant by the comment, but it's probably the second worst Batmobile ever...maybe third

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's not what I meant by the comment, but it's probably the second worst Batmobile ever...maybe third

It's certainly better than Batman Forever and Batman Begins, but not quite as iconic as the 70's TV series Batmobile.

Stoo

Darth Vile said:
...but not quite as iconic as the 70's TV series Batmobile.
'60s!:whip:

batmobile.jpg

Anyway, I agree with Rocket on this:

Rocket Surgeon said:
To be a Fan(atic) back then took more devotion then searching the internet.
Raiders raising/setting the bar is one reason, the changing market, another. Age/sensibilities and compromising of the writers/directors/producers another...the list goes on.

Movies were not the disposable media they are today...