Why do you hate Willie Scott?

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Without sounding crude & silly,
The beautiful, Miss Scott, charges my willy.
She is severely sexy and 'hot to trot',
Whereas, Marion Ravenwood* is definitely not!

(y)

Marion was Indy's bit of rough.

Cute rough. But rough, nevertheless.

Montana Smith

Crack that whip said:
Six is the new ten.

There was only one '10' for Indiana Jones.

ford6.jpg

Imagine what could have been. An Ursula Andress moment for Temple of Doom.

bo.derek.jpg

It might be a reason for hating Willie.

The Drifter

I'mBatman said:
I don't hate her, but she is incredibly annoying, i mean half of her 'funny' quotes aren't, well.... funny?

What were her 'funny' (or unfunny as the case may be) quotes, in your opinion?

I'mBatman

The Drifter said:
What were her 'funny' (or unfunny as the case may be) quotes, in your opinion?

The only decent quote was 'I hate the Water, and i hate getting wet, and i hate-
Indy:You, good.' And it's only funny thanks to Indy.

And an example of the lame quote is where she's like 'I'm a singer, i'm losing my voice' or whatever.

Stoo

I'mBatman said:
And an example of the lame quote is where she's like 'I'm a singer, i'm losing my voice' or whatever.
An example of something lamer than your lamely quoted quotes, is your user-name 'or whatever'. Willie may be annoying to some people but at least she doesn't wear a pointy-eared, hooded mask.:p

Welcome to The Raven, Batwit, where the whip cracking never stops!:whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Don't mind Stoo, I'mBatman...we really need to fit him for some horse blinders so he doesn't notice any mentions of Gotham's hero.

As to the exchange you mention, the "you" is actually part of Willie's line.

AndyLGR

Montana Smith said:
Why else would Indy fail to accomplish a nocturnal mission. :D

(Had to be a good reason for his stubborn behaviour).
No matter how annoying she is, I'm sure we all would of loved a chance to accomplish the nocturnal mission with her. Or am I on my own there?

Montana Smith

AndyLGR said:
No matter how annoying she is, I'm sure we all would of loved a chance to accomplish the nocturnal mission with her. Or am I on my own there?

Not alone.

A disorderly queue is forming round the block.

One night in the temple of doom. A lifetime with mercury.

Is that Rocket Surgeon at the back there trying to look icognito?

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:

It indeed is. It's one of my favorite Willie line's also. The way she says "you" makes me chuckle almost every time.

Monty said:
Is that Rocket Surgeon at the back there trying to look icognito?

He sure is doing a poor job of blending in!

I'mBatman

Attila the Professor said:
Don't mind Stoo, I'mBatman...we really need to fit him for some horse blinders so he doesn't notice any mentions of Gotham's hero.

Thanks, I was actually unaware WIllie Scott said that, it always sounded like Indy to me, but i guess i was mistaken.

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
He sure is doing a poor job of blending in!

It's the biggest case of denial I've ever witnessed. He loves Willie so much that he's created a sin-complex associated with his infatuation. This is resolved in expressions of hate.

Now, if that doesn't drag him back to this establishment (where proper care might be administered), then nothing will. :p

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Now, if that doesn't drag him back to this establishment (where proper care might be administered), then nothing will. :p
Parts of New Jersey were hammered badly by Hurricane Sandy so it's quite possible that Rocket is without power at the moment.
AndyLGR said:
You're not on your own, Andy. The woman is gorgeous.

Since this isn't a "love Willie" thread, the main thing about her screaming that annoys me is that there is hardly any variation. Her screams are almost always at the same level of intensity, whether she's jumping out of a plane or coming face-to-face with an owl. Are owls really that scary?:eek:

I wonder if the original "Queen of Scream", Fay Wray, ever suffered as much criticism as Kate Capshaw.:confused:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Parts of New Jersey were hammered badly by Hurricane Sandy so it's quite possible that Rocket is without power at the moment.
You're not on your own, Andy. The woman is gorgeous.

I didn't realize Rocky lived in New Joyzee. :(

I figured he was somewhere in Quahog, Rhode Island.

Stoo said:
I wonder if the original "Queen of Scream", Fay Wray, ever suffered as much criticism as Kate Capshaw.:confused:

They cut her some slack.

On account of the giant gorilla.

Fish1941

Since this isn't a "love Willie" thread, the main thing about her screaming that annoys me is that there is hardly any variation. Her screams are almost always at the same level of intensity, whether she's jumping out of a plane or coming face-to-face with an owl. Are owls really that scary?

I would be screaming if an owl took me by surprise. What? I'm supposed to be "a man" about the whole thing? Screw that.

And why is it that people talk about Willie's screams and not Marion, Elsa or Indy's? And at least none of the ladies squealed like a pig, as Indy did in "CRYSTAL SKULLS".

They cut her some slack.

On account of the giant gorilla.

Oh I see. A woman has to "take it like a man" when nearly crashing into the Himalayas, dealing with bugs (which I hate), and being lowered into a hot pit. What's the matter? Willie isn't tomboyish enough for you?

She was a survivor for sure but she wasn't as gutsy as Marion or Elsa.

Gutsy? What the hell does that mean? Acting like a man? Was Marion being "gutsy" inside that temple filled with snakes and corpses? Was Elsa being "gutsy" dealing with the rats or a dying Donovan falling on her? Was Indy being gutsy when dealing with snakes . . . especially in "CRYSTAL SKULLS"?

Is the only way a female character can be valued in this franchise? By acting like a man? It seemed to be the case with this board. I guess saving both Short Round and Indy in the mine car and saving Short Round on the bridge don't count.

You know what? Screw it. I couldn't care less whether Willie is liked or not. I like her and that is all that counts with me.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Fish1941 said:
I would be screaming if an owl took me by surprise. What? I'm supposed to be "a man" about the whole thing? Screw that.

You surely wouldn't scream for anything less than a mothman, would you?

mothman.jpg

Fish1941 said:
And why is it that people talk about Willie's screams and not Marion, Elsa or Indy's? And at least none of the ladies squealed like a pig, as Indy did in "CRYSTAL SKULLS".

I must have slept through Indy's "squeal like a pig" scene.

delivnd.jpg

For that matter I don't think I've ever seen Crystal Skulls.

Fish1941 said:
Oh I see. A woman has to "take it like a man" when nearly crashing into the Himalayas, dealing with bugs (which I hate), and being lowered into a hot pit. What's the matter? Willie isn't tomboyish enough for you?

Your irony monitor is on the blink. Should get that looked at.

Fish1941 said:
You know what? Screw it. I couldn't care less whether Willie is liked or not. I like her and that is all that counts with me.

Kinda touchy there, Fishface...or should I call you...Mr. Playmountain?

Stoo

Fish1941 said:
You're missing my point. It's perfectly natural for her to scream if she's frightened but being surprised by an owl is nowhere near as scary as jumping out of a plane without a parachute. Yet, Willie screams with the same level of intensity in both cases.

Anyway, before the owl, she already held a giant bat in her hands and came face-to-face with a macaque monkey & a lizard. There was barely any element of surprise with the owl. Why scream that LOUD?
Fish1941 said:
Is the only way a female character can be valued in this franchise? By acting like a man? It seemed to be the case with this board. I guess saving both Short Round and Indy in the mine car and saving Short Round on the bridge don't count.

FishFace, as previous posts in this thread show, plenty of people (including myself) don't hate Willie at all.:)

Fish1941

Kinda touchy there, Fishface...or should I call you...Mr. Playmountain?

FishFace, as previous posts in this thread show, plenty of people (including myself) don't hate Willie at all.

This is how you respond? By resorting to infantile name calling? What are you two? Twelve years old? This name calling is probably the most pathetic thing I have ever encountered on a message board. Is this forum regulated by pre-adolescents?