Why was KOTCS made?

Crusade>Raiders

Sankara said:
The reason? I guess GL, HF and SS wanted to have fun. They had fun... the audience not. :sick:

Yeah, thats why it made 750 million worldwide, because the audience didn't have fun >_>

But yeah, they made it for money...ya know, like most films that are greenlit.

Sankara

Does 750 million worldwide mean that "Skull" is a good Film or that the audience had fun? *LOL* Of course not! For the most Indy-Fans and moviegoers worldwide "Skull" is a big disappointment, because it's by far the worst of the Indy-Movie. Yes, I know, Crusade>Raiders, this is very sad... but we have to life with this embarrsssing movie. Trust me... nobody want's to turn back time than me. Do you remember the time when "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" means "BEST MOVIES EVER!"...?

Now it means... three perfect movies and three lousy movies (Star wars) and
three perfect movie and one embarrassing movie... (indy) ooh... it's so sad... but we have to live with the that for rest ofour live...

It's argument by assertion meets appeal to the majority. Beating your head against a goddamn wall. Both are stupid arguments, both are fallacious, you both look utterly foolish.

No Ticket

I think it was made with the best of intentions.

Executed poorly.

And is now a ho-hum Indy adventure. I'm sure some crazy people think it's the second best Indy movie ever or something but it isn't me. ... I'd like to think most people would at LEAST place it third, even though I'm pretty sure it deserves fourth place.

Anyway. Boo f**kin hoo eh? I like you all here, but just because it exists doesn't do anything to your old Indy trilogy. I can live with the prequels or whatever, Star Wars.. ESB and (to a lesser extent) ROTJ are still great. They haven't chan-- oh wait. Well, maybe a LITTLE.

Just pray there is never a Raiders of the Lost Ark Special Edition.

snake_surprise

Indy 4 apologists crack me up.

Its almost like you guys only watched the trailers of the first three. To find this movie acceptable on any level is mind blowing.

The argument that a good movie = tons of money earned is ridiculous as well.

Most movies that make tons of money are terrible...the majority of the audience are idiots and keep shoveling money to wretched crap...so the studios will keep making wretched crap. Just because Shrek 3 make a gazillion dollars doesn't mean anything in terms of quality.

tnswman

You don't get to be a bigger fan of Indy than me and I LOVED KOTCS because it did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do and it fit in PERFECTLY!!

It ranks 3rd for me above TOD.

Some people here wanted a re-tread of the old but instead, they got something new and fresh in the same universe and it was AMAZING!!

Sankara

@tnswman
You don't get to be a bigger fan of Indy than me and I hate KOTCS because it's not an Indiana Jones-Movie... ;)

Well, some Indy-Fans got balls and they can say that the movie sucks... other Indy-Fans "pretend" that they like "Skull" and that is as good as the first three.

Benraianajones

What about Indy fans that are big fans, and think KOTCS is "quite good" and could have been better?

It doesn't have to be black and white. "Good or bad".

agentsands77

tnswman said:
Some people here wanted a re-tread of the old but instead, they got something new and fresh in the same universe and it was AMAZING!!
Well, I for one wanted something new, but didn't quite get it. KINGDOM was more of a re-tread than it was a march into new territory.

The Man

agentsands77 said:
Well, I for one wanted something new, but didn't quite get it. KINGDOM was more of a re-tread than it was a march into new territory.

The soundtrack was certainly indicative of that.

Forbidden Eye

snake_surprise said:
Indy 4 apologists crack me up.

Not nearly as much as worthless internet trolls who have no life who hate Indy 4 simply because they can crack me up. ;)

The fact you haters want to be considered "right" so much to the point you want everyone to say a movie was bad all because you personally didn't like proves how utterly pathetic you truly are.

Darth Vile

agentsands77 said:

I think many of us would have liked that... but I'm not sure the world wanted "new territory" for an Indiana Jones movie. So, IMHO, Lucas and Spielberg played it safe. But that ain't such a bad thing when all things are considered.

Johnny Jones

Well, the aliens and the nuclear era were new territory, and look how people responded to that. :dead: Yeah, probably good they didn't go too far. Would've been nice to hear a more original soundtrack though.

Indy's brother

Johnny Jones said:
Would've been nice to hear a more original soundtrack though.

I agree, but since the sound quality was intentionally crappy in theaters (in an effort to prevent any high-quality bootlegging) I'm anxious to hear it through my Bose surround. Maybe there were some nuances I missed.

snake_surprise

Forbidden Eye said:
Not nearly as much as worthless internet trolls who have no life who hate Indy 4 simply because they can crack me up. ;)

The fact you haters want to be considered "right" so much to the point you want everyone to say a movie was bad all because you personally didn't like proves how utterly pathetic you truly are.
Wow. Adjectives fail me.

I don't like your movie so I 'have no life'?

Also, how am I a troll? I have been a huge Indy fan my whole life. I have spent thousands on my Indy collection (mostly original posters). But I am a troll in some Indy forum because I hated Indy 4? You're ridiculous.

Go ahead man, keep supporting Lucas' crap so he can keep making crap for you to feast on.

Forbidden Eye

I never personally called you a troll or was in anyway referring directly to you. I quoted you just to say I found those trolls amusing more than you found apologists amusing. That's it.

I do love how you try to turn it around on me and color yourself as being a poor little victim all because you're getting attacked for not liking a movie when you attacked all Indy fans who liked Indy 4 by questioning if they actually saw the movie.

You don't have to like KOTCS, but the fact you think anyone is foolish for liking even liking an an aspect of it is what's piteously ridiculous.

Forbidden Eye said:
I never personally called you a troll or was in anyway referring directly to you. I quoted you just to say I found those trolls amusing more than you found apologists amusing. That's it.

I do love how you try to turn it around on me and color yourself as being a poor little victim all because you're getting attacked for not liking a movie when you attacked all Indy fans who liked Indy 4 by questioning if they actually saw the movie.

You don't have to like KOTCS, but the fact you think anyone is foolish for liking even liking an an aspect of it is what's piteously ridiculous.

Jesus ****ing Christ, you really couldn't be anymore dense. I challenge you to go back and actually READ his message, if you even are capable of such an exertion of your supposed mental faculties.