Will Indy ask Marion to marry him in IJKCS?

Will Indy ask Marion to Marry Him in IJKCS?

• Yes, Indy will ask Marion to marry him.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, Indy will not ask Marion to marry him.

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If one's a hopeless romantic you'd vote yes. If one's a guy or just a lot of bad luck in that area and is sour about it, then they'd vote no... But in the case of the film, I really don't know. If he does, I think it will be more implied then directly done onscreen. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, because I think him actually telling Marion that he loves her is a big enough statement, because in the films, he doesn't say it to Willie or Elsa or Marion (in the past).

I'm ignoring the times he has said it in YIJC. Molly and Vicky doesn't count! Including the times he did propose to those girls.

NoCamels

I hope there is no wedding in this movie. Indy could tell Marion he loves her, they could already be married, either way. I just think an on screen wedding has too much potential for being really corny in this case. But I could be wrong.

Indie House

Violet Indy said:
If one's a hopeless romantic you'd vote yes. If one's a guy or just had a lot of bad luck in that area and is sour about it, then you'd vote no.

Wow... sounds like you've got it all sussed out.

;)

LVskywalker

No, I don't think that we'll see a wedding between Indy and Marion. Well, it's the (as far as we know) last movie, and I wouldn't mind if they did, but it's not Indy's style...

Professor Jones said:
Well, he may ask to marry him [...]

Who? Shia? :D
Sry, couldn't resist.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indie House said:
Wow... sounds like you've got it all sussed out.

;)

I haven't even voted... I had trouble choosing. :p Especially after what I just said in my last post. I don't think I'll even vote. But, film wise though, I don't think he'll propose. There might be a wedding scene but with an unseen proposal, if at all. Besides, as some have speculated, they already might be married or even engaged at the beginning of the movie.

Indyologist

But don't you nay-sayers agree that marrying Marion would be the appropriate and "heroic" thing for Indy to do after finding out he fathered a child with her he didn't know about? Wouldn't it be uncharacteristic for him to find out that he has a son and not make any kind of commitment to him or Marion?

indyt

If there is a marriage in the film, I think it will be Marion telling, not asking Indy. Marion is a tough gal!

Indyologist

indyt said:
If there is a marriage in the film, I think it will be Marion telling, not asking Indy. Marion is a tough gal!

LOL! Yeah!

Marion: Jones, you're marrying me, dammit-- no ifs, ands or buts about it!
Indy: (insert Indy's response here) ;)

Indyologist

Shortie said:
What "life"? He's almost 60 years old. ;)

Yeah, but they're saying that "60" is the new "30" ;)

Also, if Indy and Marion do marry (and I personally think they will-- but only The Fedora'd One and the Two Beards know the truth), I think it would be neat if Marion kept her maiden name along with Indy's name, so she'd be:

Mrs. Marion Ravenwood-Jones

I think that sounds totally classy! :cool:

xfkirsten

I dunno. I've been a big fan of Indy/Marion ever since I first saw the movies. But I think that marriage would seem like just a formality for them at that point in their lives. Maybe they would have a wedding (offscreen), just to make it official. But it just strikes me that they have the sort of relationship where it's about how much they care for each other rather than the act of standing in a church and reciting vows. The wedding part just doesn't seem that important - at least not important enough for real screen time.

I'm not quite sure if I'm explaining my thoughts clearly, but there ya go. :p

Kingsley

A couple toghether without marriage wasn't very usual in the 50's... so probably they can end married. But I don't want to see it in the movie. It's not necessary!