Will Indy ask Marion to marry him in IJKCS?

Will Indy ask Marion to Marry Him in IJKCS?

• Yes, Indy will ask Marion to marry him.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, Indy will not ask Marion to marry him.

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

otto rahn

I'd like to see him propose just before something drastic happens to seperate them; then we have to wait until the end of the film for the answer !:p

Indy_Chic

sarah navarro said:
HA! from the power of the Crystal skull.

Indy says:

"Marion Will you...BOOM!!"Hmmmm.... i guess not i guess i'll have to marry Indy Chic now".

Sounds like a good idea Indy!

I applaud your script writing talents sarah! :D

otto rahn said:
I'd like to see him propose just before something drastic happens to seperate them; then we have to wait until the end of the film for the answer !

Ha! That would funny! Indy could say at the films end "So Marion, about that marriage thing I was asking you about before we got rudely interrupted by that whole Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Thing... What do ya say?" And then Marion would just smile at him and the end credits come up!

Last edited:

Rivers

Has anyone else maybe thought that Indy and Marion have already been married sometime between 1936 and 1957 and it just didnt work????

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, but it wouldn't fit with the games for starters (FoA in set in '39 and Infernal Machine in '47 and Indy is evidently single and Sophia Hapgood is in those) and the comics (the Dark Horse ones more so than the Marvels), unless they suddenly got married during WW2 and broke up before Infernal Machine. So that would be roughly, 1940 till about 1946 if at all. Or later, Say after Infernal Machine so anywhere between 1948 onwards till '57 since there is no canon in those years to dispute. Those are the years we don't know much about Indy's life. So yeah, it's possible but I don't think so somehow.

Then you would have to some kind of backstory as to how they got back together and ended up married (and IF Mutt is Indy's son, then Indy will have already known about him in KOTCS).... Oh wait, that could be how the new game has a prologue to this movie. After all, the rumoured MacGuffin of that game DOES relate to the Ark of the Covenant. :eek:

Rivers

Violet Indy said:
Yeah, but it wouldn't fit with the games for starters (FoA in set in '39 and Infernal Machine in '47 and Indy is evidently single and Sophia Hapgood is in those) and the comics (the Dark Horse ones more so than the Marvels), unless they suddenly got married during WW2 and broke up before Infernal Machine. So that would be roughly, 1940 till about 1946 if at all. Or later, Say after Infernal Machine so anywhere between 1948 onwards till '57 since there is no canon in those years to dispute. Those are the years we don't know much about Indy's life. So yeah, it's possible but I don't think so somehow.

Then you would have to some kind of backstory as to how they got back together and ended up married (and IF Mutt is Indy's son, then Indy will have already known about him in KOTCS).... Oh wait, that could be how the new game has a prologue to this movie. After all, the rumoured MacGuffin of that game DOES relate to the Ark of the Covenant. :eek:

Violet Indy, it could fit practically anywhere, yes he is evidently single in the games and comics as you have pointed out but that doesnt mean he didnt or couldnt have had a marriage to Marion at any point from 1936 forward, and it just failed...being single in his adventures means nothing, for all we know he could have been married and divorced several times??!!??

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If you don't count the Marvel comics, then yes it is possible. However the marriage would have lasted at the most till early '38 and yes, would again make it very possible for Indy to have known about Mutt (provided that he is his son). And yes, Indy has already been married according the Indy Literature. He was married to Deirdre Campbell in 1925 in the Rob MacGregor books,
but she got killed in a plane crash in the Amazon
. And I did say in my post, when else Indy being married could have been possible. During WW2, just after and in the 50s leading up to KOTCS. All those years are practically empty without written about in those years.

No Ticket

Rivers said:
Has anyone else maybe thought that Indy and Marion have already been married sometime between 1936 and 1957 and it just didnt work????

I actually never thought of that. lol. That could very well be probable. I doubt it, but ya never know.

TheFox

I guess the main point of a wedding scene would be if they have to fit multiple secret cameos (Sean Connery, John Rhys-Davies, Kate Capshaw, Ke Huy Quan). If they have 0 or 1 it could be done without a wedding scene but for 2 or more it would probably be the only solution.

Hedwig

TheFox said:
I guess the main point of a wedding scene would be if they have to fit multiple secret cameos (Sean Connery, John Rhys-Davies, Kate Capshaw, Ke Huy Quan). If they have 0 or 1 it could be done without a wedding scene but for 2 or more it would probably be the only solution.
I agree with you on the cameo fitting point. But why would they put Willie and Short Round into KOTCS? I know, I know... It's a wedding scene and Shorty was like a son to Indy, but still I wouldn't like to see them in KOTCS... I'm not sure about Sallah and Henry Sr. either... But Marion is alright. If there will be a wedding scene (which I hope there won't be, because I think it would hurt the feeling of an Indy film) I think it would be best if there were only Indy and Marion (and maybe Mutt)...

Finn

Staff member
TheFox said:
On the other hand, why film a scene like that in the first place if the main idea is to cause the geekiest of us a few extra geekasms, as it may have no relevance to the rest of the plot. Cameos are nice, if they're fitting to the scene, not the other way around.