Worst movie ever!! Whats your opinion?

DazDaMan

The Man said:
The Exorcist? As in the first movie?

The very same.

Having heard about it for years as being "the scariest horror film ever made" etc, made me dying to see it from the age of about 10 or so. When I was 14 I managed to see a pirated copy of it...

And I wondered why I wasted my time waiting....:sleep:

The Man

DazDaMan said:
The very same.

Having heard about it for years as being "the scariest horror film ever made" etc, made me dying to see it from the age of about 10 or so. When I was 14 I managed to see a pirated copy of it...

And I wondered why I wasted my time waiting....:sleep:

It's one of the greatest, most vital movies ever made. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...;)

The Man

DazDaMan said:
I'll see your Alien3 and raise you Alien: Resurrection. Utter, utter pants.

We shall agree to agree on this one, however. Resurrection gave me a headache.

LostArk

I watched One Missed Call the other day and it is literally the worst movie I've ever seen. What's even worse is that I paid to see it. Nah, actually, the movie was worse than that.

Also, I just finished watching Alien 3. It didn't suck but it wasn't as good as the others.

Shortie

DazDaMan said:
I'll see your Alien3 and raise you Alien: Resurrection. Utter, utter pants.
Alien 4 also sucked some major dookie but I liked it .000000000000001 more than Alien 3. Alien 3 is my worst movie ever with Alien 4 coming in a close second. It's quite sad since Aliens is one of my favorite movies.

RaideroftheArk

Shortie said:
Alien 4 also sucked some major dookie but I liked it .000000000000001 more than Alien 3. Alien 3 is my worst movie ever with Alien 4 coming in a close second. It's quite sad since Aliens is one of my favorite movies.

I can see why you would find Alien 3 to be bad...if not, extremely boring...but as far as killing the franchise I would have to hand that to Alien Resurrection and AVP/AVP2.

At least with Alien 3 there was purpose...It was an end, or what was suppose to be the end of the franchise. The character of Ripley was never going to escape the Alien, no matter how many times she killed it, no matter how far off in space she traveled, there was just no escape , the thing was just always going to be there....so logically, the character had to die. Thus saying, there is no happying ending for Ripley and there was no progression after this movie, so there is no need to have this character around anymore.

As for the worst movie ever...

Catwoman.

That will be the last time I turn on HBO and say "how bad can it be?"

Threads like these cause me to lose faith in humanity. When I read the films you people proclaim "the best ever," or "the worst ever" I realize just how era-centric and close-minded you all are. There were films before 1999, folks.

Nothing made within the last 10 years is best ever or worst ever. Nothing.

Test of time... In 30, 40 years time, we can reassess those films. But as it stands right now... their impact on film history is insignificant to the point of being nonexistent.

RaideroftheArk

ResidentAlien said:
Threads like these cause me to lose faith in humanity. When I read the films you people proclaim "the best ever," or "the worst ever" I realize just how era-centric and close-minded you all are. There were films before 1999, folks.

Test of time... In 30, 40 years time, we can reassess those films. But as it stands right now... their impact on film history is insignificant to the point of being nonexistent.

Fair enough.

So how do "we" become exactly the calibur of open mindedness and movie genius as you are?

Just to add some movies that came before 1999 to appease some of the greater minds on the the raven...after all I thought the title of the thread said "your opinion"...but anyway...

Lenorad Part 6 (1987)
Flashdance (1983)

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:

I wouldn't search for a faith in humanity, on a message board. ;)

But to support your stance, films like Colletral, filmed entirely on HD equipment, or The Matrix, with it's advancement of technology, Pulp Fiction with is complete disregard for the 3 part story arc, and Titanic for sheer epic prodution value will probaly have a greater impact in terms of film history, then will some of the other films noted herein.

It's just that humanity will not always search for the deeper meaning in most things.

Indy Byrd

Ang Lee's HULK, I fell asleep in the theater watching it, even though I own it,(well it's my oldeset boy's movie). No one mentioned The Preacher's Wife. Went to see it with a ex-girlfriend, and again fell asleep, :sleep: which resulted in a BIG fight ,which then turned to "making up" :D

RaideroftheArk

Indy Byrd said:
Ang Lee's HULK, I fell asleep in the theater watching it, even though I own it,(well it's my oldeset boy's movie). No one mentioned The Preacher's Wife. Went to see it with a ex-girlfriend, and again fell asleep, :sleep: which resulted in a BIG fight ,which then turned to "making up" :D

Ang Lee's Hulk was pretty bad...especially coming after Spider-Man the summer before. There were some qualities about it that, for a superhero movie, were pretty good.