Would you download it?

BuiltFordTough

I won't download it. I plan on going to see it in theaters as many times as possible and then wait for the DVD. I don't agree with piracy in general, especially in this case.

IrishLuck1980

ValenciaGrail said:
No, nor would I shoplift the DVD out of a store just becasue I forgot my wallet - even if I fully intended to pay later.

Stealing, be it from rich people would who never notice the difference (e.g. Lucas, Spielberg, et all) or from someone who would be financially hurt by it, encourages and perpetuates all illegal activities. And - the internet is fertile ground for all manner of nefarious crimes.

Also, intellectual property exists not only for financial reasons, but also to preserve a person's right to maintain the artistic integrity of their work. If you write a book, you want to have control over how it is distributed and in what format people have access to it. You want the public to see a professional presentation, not a coffee-stained, handwritten pirated copy, for example. Disney / GL / SS certainly have the right not to have horrid 2MP digcam facsimilies of their work bandied about the net.

If you hurt the big guy, are you really telling me you wouldn't also be willing to hurt the little guy as well?

How about those folks who made Raiders the Adaptation?
Would you be willing to steal a pirated copy of that from them, if it were available?

It's a slippery slope we're on, folks....

Myself, I'll see it KOTCS in the theater, then wait for the legitimate DVD.
I'm a big boy, my mommy taught me patience :D

Mods: I'm a bit curious as to why a thread which promotes intenet piracy / illegal activities is not deleted. Other similar sites have strict policies about this. Oh, well, different philosphy, I guess

How bout you shut up? You join this month and start talking like you been here for years? No one has said where to get this. No rules have been violated. Take your holier then thou attitude and shove it.

Finn

Staff member
Moderator note

All discussion that could lead to possible copyright infrigment removed, and I also trust we won't see any more. Would hate to get trouble from 'em mounties.

ValenciaGrail

IrishLuck1980 said:
How bout you shut up? You join this month and start talking like you been here for years? No one has said where to get this. No rules have been violated. Take your holier then thou attitude and shove it.

ah yes...the anonymity of the internet.
Please be aware that while internet theft is illegal, cyber threats (or the insinuation thereof) are an even more serious offense. Mods, take note....

Meanwhile, perhaps you should consider an adjustment of your meds.

You're right about one thing, though...when I graduate to a stunning 400 posts in 4 years, then maybe I can express opinions

commontone

If you ultimately pay to watch the movie in a theater, AND buy it on DVD when it comes out...you're not depriving anyone of anything if you d/l a copy to tide you over in the meantime, and toss it once you buy the DVD.

I guess you still technically stole something. But the owners of the intellectual property are still compensated. And it's not as if, without downloading it, I would have gone to the theater 5 more times. I've gone to the theater as much as I care to. Now, I could watch it on a lazy Sunday afternoon in the living room if I want.

I sometimes download the advance release of a music album, not because I want to steal it, but because I don't want to wait another few months for the album to come out. If I like it at all, I then buy the album. If not, I delete it, and it's essentially the same as if I'd listened to samples on Amazon and decided I didn't want to buy it. Radiohead understands this. I downloaded their latest album for free, FROM THEM...then I bought it in the store later. Nobody really loses.

No Ticket

My opinion is... why would you want to download it anyway? ... most of what I've seen is recorded in a theater and sucks. I'd rather just wait a whole two months for the DVD. :rolleyes:

In case you didn't notice, that's me saying that they should make people wait longer for the DVD releases... because, for me at least, I feel like I JUST saw the movie and usually don't end up buying it.

bonoferox

Looks like a French version is already on a certain streaming video site that I won't mention....I'm pretty surprised.