Wow I think I'm ******* retarded

Nurhachi1991

I took the High School Proficiency Exam for Math for the second time and got the results back and once again I ******* failed it I was supposed to pass it as a 10th grader and failed it than I took it again as a Junior and failed it again I swear to god i'm an idiot.

Great Cloud

Well, I do math when there's a gun to my head. And it would have to be a big gun - I'd take my chances with a small one. At least you gave it a go.

Nurhachi1991

I wish there was a gun to my head and someone pulled the trigger :rolleyes:

You have to pass these damn tests to graduate high school I passed reading,writing no sweat but math........... why did it have to be math.

Nurhachi1991

Lol yeah no kidding man

You know I was kidding on the other thread right? Your not an idiot and those were some good points you made I was just pissed about my test score.

Great Cloud

Well, I know I'm not an idiot, so I wasn't too concerned with whether you were kidding or not. But that's good to know, thanks for clarifying. As a college grad, god knows I know what it's like to be pissed at test scores.

Great Cloud

No, it's all good dude. Forget about it.

I was pretty indifferent in high school. Bored and uninterested, except in the subjects that interested me (English, almost exclusively). So there's hope. Hang in there.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wasn't the best Maths student in school, however when I was 15, I suddenly got pretty good for a little while. In year 12, I barely passed Maths B (the hardest level of Maths you can do in high school), but on the bright side, out of the girls, I was the top girl at it. I had a really crap teacher. The teachers before him were better and I learnt better from them because they were more respectful and didn't belittle me.

Maybe your teacher isn't right for you, Nurhachi1991. I'm more English, Social Sciences and Art oriented and found learning Maths from a text book easier and clearer and I passed by learning from the book and ignoring the teacher. :cool:

Test results aren't the end of the world.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but im in 11th grade and still in Algebra so that is pretty sad. On the bright side Im good in everything else

mathisgau.gif

I mean come on! When will you use this

The_Raiders

Math...... :dead: . When it comes to math, NEVER come to me, I am the worst person in the world when it comes to math, I just don't get it, it's very hard for me :eek: :( , I had to re-do 7th grade becasue I failed math. My 7th grade math teacher was no help though, if I didn't get something and didn't ask about it she'd say "Ask questions so I can help you to understand it!" then I wouldn't get something so I asked about it and I always got, "What are you asking that for you should know that?!" But it wasn't entirly the teachers fault, I did homeschooling which was easyer, but I still have a hard time with math, which is bad becasue that's such an important part of life but it's my worst skill. :(

The_Raiders

I know, it makes me embarassed, but I really know nothing of maath, and I'm in 8th grade :eek: It's just so hard for me to understand, and I do think a basic understanding of math is essential in life but not anything like the pic you posted :p .

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah but im in 11th grade and still in Algebra so that is pretty sad. On the bright side Im good in everything else

mathisgau.gif

I mean come on! When will you use this

Algebra.... fond memories.... NOT!

I remember that stuff vaguely. Can't remember how to do it. Certainly don't use that stuff at film school. If anything, we calculate exposures, angles of reflections, cinematography type stuff, that you really use for film rather than video.

That gets used in science stuff. I wouldn't know. The only science I did was Psychology in Year 11 and basic multistrand science in early years in high school. To think I actually was the Top Honors student in the Class of 2005 having sucked at science and math. Go figure.

Gear

Don't feel bad. I'm a Sophmore and am in Pre-Algebra and have retaken it three times..... Yeah, see, don't feel bad. In all fairness on my behalf the main reason I've retaken it the last two times was because I didn't turn in NEARLY enough work to pass however I currently have a C in that class and if I do good on the Final I could walk out with a B or an A but if you don't show up its an instant F :eek: !!!!!!!!!

Dust McAlan

I think that schools should only teach basic math. That's all you need unless you're going into a field where you're going to need complicated mathematics, IE science or chemistry or whatever. Then you can take advanced math in college which will help you get towards science. It's not a hard concept, but nooooooooo, we have to teach ****ing advanced abstract math to kids in high school. Because, you know, they must NEED it or something.

Our government is retarded.

sarah navarro

Nurhachi1991 said:

Im in the 11th grade and im still taking Algebra 1 for the 3rd time!:mad:
I passed everytime but with a C----- like just barely a D.So i have to keep retaking it over because its so hard and i dont understand!They wont let me go to Algebra 2 until i understand it,so im finally going to Alg.2 for my senior year eventhough i still DONT have any clue how to do it! i can barely do long division and i cant do Integers to save my life!!!!I do ALL my homework and everything he asks but when it comes to tests i FAIL:( Dont feel bad