Writers Sites

adventure_al

Does anyone know of any sites for writers?

nothing too serious, fan fiction, short stories maybe even original story ideas for bigger projects.

I've found a few but they don't seem to have many members and are fairly inactive.

any suggestions?

ROTLA

I can't recall the name of the site, but I believe Kevin Spacey's production company's site would be one to look into. If I remember correctly, it was a place that allowed writers to submit their work(s) and it would be read by other site members. In return, you would then read a selected number of pieces by others. If I remember the name of the site I'll let you know. But you'll probably be able to dig it up (fitting for this site!) by going to Google.

****UPDATE****

I found the site. It looks a little different than what I remember, but it seems to do the same things. Here you go:

TriggerStreet website

adventure_al

Thanks ROTLA, Looks like a decent site.

Thing is I don't want to submit finished pieces. Well I would submit some but the primary reason I'm looking for the site or writers forum is because I'm looking for people to do a little project with me. Not sure if it'd work on that site.

Not nessecerily the same story but in the same way I was hoping the Indy serious book writing thread would work, with several people adding sections to create a long story. It never really took off other than what me and Katarn wrote but I'm still convinced the concept would work. And surely there must be other would be writers than would be interested?

See I often get writers block even though I have lots of ideas. If there is a number of people contributing it inspires me and gives me ideas to add more to the story.