DK ultimate guide full of spoilers

mfisher

I just glanced through the new DK Ultimate Guide to Indiana Jones at the local Barnes and Noble... among the few spoilers I read were:
Hurt's character "ox" is a university friend of Indy who has disappeared down in Peru... he is also Mutt's surrogate dad.. helping Marion raise Mutt... Mutt's real father was an RAF pilot named Colin who was killed in the war..
also read in the timeline where they list Henry Sr's death in 1951... after seeing these points I had to put the book down... didn't want to read all of the spoilers... interesting stuff to say the least !

donufro

So Indy isn't Mutt's dad?

I was fine with him being his dad, but if he's not his real dad, that makes me happier.

agentsands77

donufro said:
So Indy isn't Mutt's dad?

I was fine with him being his dad, but if he's not his real dad, that makes me happier.
No, Mutt is Indy's son. Both Lucas and Ford have confirmed it at this point.

The thing is, Mutt doesn't know he's Indy's son. Marion has clearly raised Mutt believing another man is his father.

agentsands77

oki9Sedo said:
When did Ford say that?
I might have been mistaken, but I thought Ford talked about his role as father in INDY IV in an interview somewhere... maybe with ABC.

EDIT: I was mistaken... misread a quote. Well, anyway, Lucas has confirmed it. And someone else from the production talked about KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL as Indiana Jones finding a family through the end, so that seems to point in the same direction.

mfisher

I'm only repeating what I read today in the DK book.... I wonder though if Marion only told Mutt that his father was killed in the war.. no telling... regardless that is what is printed in DK's guide... I do however like the idea of Mutts real father having been an RAF pilot killed in the war... plus I am happy to read that Hurt is not Abner, but rather another colleague of Indy's

agentsands77

mfisher said:
plus I am happy to read that Hurt is not Abner, but rather another colleague of Indy's
Me too. "Hurt as Oxley" was suggested way back in October 2007 by a spoiler source (who also claimed that Mutt was definitely Indy's son, and that Marion reveals their relation to one another during the quicksand sequence), and has subsequently been confirmed by the production notes and now this.

mfisher

That being said.. I can still go with the idea that Mutt is Indy's son... that just further solidifies his nickname.. ( told that his real father is dead.. Ox steps in to raise him.. then Indy comes in and is revealed to be his father.. he is most definitely a "Mutt" when it comes to his father figures)...

While its regretable, I'm not overly surprised that Henry Sr. Is dead, how old would he be by '57? 85? So he died at 79... good age to reach in the mid fifties I suppose...

Avilos

I more surprised that the book is out than any of the spoilers! I thought it would not be out for another week.

Dr. Gonzo

Avilos said:
I more surprised that the book is out than any of the spoilers! I thought it would not be out for another week.

Me too man. Does this mean that there in most barnes and nobles now?:confused:

OhioJones

I may need to swing by my book store and look for it.

At this point, I would be dissapointed if Mutt wasn't Indy's son.

I'm so used to the idea.

Avilos

Dr. Gonzo said:
Me too man. Does this mean that there in most barnes and nobles now?:confused:

Well I am going by one later today and I will check. Not just to see if its on the shelf but if its in their computer system as out.

Most books don't actually have release dates the way DVDs do. Generally there are release months during which bookstores can get their copies at anytime. Movie-ins and major releases like Harry potter are different actually have street release dates.

agentsands77

mfisher said:
That being said.. I can still go with the idea that Mutt is Indy's son... that just further solidifies his nickname.. ( told that his real father is dead.. Ox steps in to raise him.. then Indy comes in and is revealed to be his father.. he is most definitely a "Mutt" when it comes to his father figures)...
Exactly. This in no way rejects the idea of Mutt as Indy's son. We all knew Mutt had a different surname, so he must have been raised with another man as his father. This development isn't surprising.

As far as we can tell, Indy is Mutt's dad.

Indy4fan

mfisher said:
Hurt's character "ox" is a university friend of Indy who has disappeared down in Peru... he is also Mutt's surrogate dad.. helping Marion raise Mutt... Mutt's real father was an RAF pilot named Colin who was killed in the war..
They're taking the Luke Skywalker approach, lol. (Marion tells Mutt his father is Indy) "Marion, why didn't you tell me?--What I told you was true, from a certain point of view..."(y)

The Man

They could end the movie in an homage to Lace: Mutt, in the Phoebe Cates role, summons all the men in the story to his house and declares, "I want to know which one of you bitc - okay - bastards is my father."

Dr. Gonzo

Today on the Maury Povich show

The Results are in!

Maury: Indiana Jones, in the case of 20 year old Mutt Williams...
You are the father!

Marion: I told you mother ****er! What I tell you!

Mutt: Daddy!

Indy: Oh, sh!t.