DK ultimate guide full of spoilers

Sankara

Do you you remember? I always said: "We have to pray that Mutt is not Indy's son! Indy is not a Family guy. This would be sooo lame!"

Let's hope this news is right...

metalinvader

Sankara said:
Do you you remember? I always said: "We have to pray that Mutt is not Indy's son! Indy is not a Family guy. This would be sooo lame!"

Indy is a Family Guy..

family09.jpg

Oh wait..:eek:

tocksic

xVendetta17x said:
Couldn't it have been a translation error?
I've heard confirmations from both side of the argument
At this point i'm not taking a side until I see the movie

No. The whole context of that text-passage it way to clear. It can't be a translation error. I have the magazine right here.

Only possibility: GL lied. :p

Mutt Williams

tocksic said:
No. The whole context of that text-passage it way to clear. It can't be a translation error. I have the magazine right here.

Only possibility: GL lied. :p

Exactly. Now, how can the whole sentence be translation error? With all the mentioning of Sean Connery as Indy's dad?

"First, we wait, how the new adventure reaches the audience. But I can tell this much, I myself like the idea of working on sequels, too. Why not with Harrison? His figure has aged during the years, the combination with Shia LaBeouf as his son is at least as attractive as with Sean Connery as his father in the last film. I can image a lot, there."

Sankara

This would be sooo great! I always said it is BS if Hurt plays Abner Ravenwood AND: He is not Abner...

And always said it is BS if Indy has as son... :D

Could anyone scan this pages out of Guide?

mfisher

OK.. went back to Barnes and Noble and read the rest of that section on KOTCS... Mutt's name is.... HENRY "Mutt" Williams... if that doesn't confirm it then the next part will... part of the text says that during the advneture with Indy, Mutt learns things that shake up his previous notions of his personal history.... so there you have it... he is raised to think that Colin was his father.. then Marion reveals that Indy is...

And just to clarify the Ox part... Indy and Ox studied under Abner togther, and were very close friends.. until around 1937 when Ox unexpectedly stops communicating with Indy.. ( right about the time Marion would have had Mutt, and Ox steps in to raise him )

Years later OX disappears in South America.. marion goes after him and also disappears... Mutt knows of this "Indy" fellow and visits him to ask for his help to find his mother and Ox...

QBComics

mfisher said:
OK.. went back to Barnes and Noble and read the rest of that section on KOTCS... Mutt's name is.... HENRY "Mutt" Williams... if that doesn't confirm it then the next part will... part of the text says that during the advneture with Indy, Mutt learns things that shake up his previous notions of his personal history.... so there you have it... he is raised to think that Colin was his father.. then Marion reveals that Indy is...

And just to clarify the Ox part... Indy and Ox studied under Abner togther, and were very close friends.. until around 1937 when Ox unexpectedly stops communicating with Indy.. ( right about the time Marion would have had Mutt, and Ox steps in to raise him )

Years later OX disappears in South America.. marion goes after him and also disappears... Mutt knows of this "Indy" fellow and visits him to ask for his help to find his mother and Ox...

So is Indy Mutts dad or not...?

agentsands77

mfisher said:
There we go.

mfisher said:

So now we really know how it all fits together.

Sankara

Fact is: It is NOT official tha Mutt is Indy's son!

Does someone really want that Indy is a father? I don't think so...

agentsands77

Sankara said:
No it is NOT! :D
Stating it with an exclamation point doesn't make it any less true. Mutt's Indy's son.

George Lucas confirmed it (and it's not like that was a surprise, either, given that every source under the moon claimed that Mutt was Indy's son). Even this DK book says that in KINGDOM "Mutt learns things that shake up his previous notions of his personal history."

This is one concern about INDY IV that we can put to bed.

SterankoII

Geez, it's not like Indy has to stop having adventures to raise this kid. He's already grown up. Mutt probably doesn't want to spend time with an old man now. He's probably going to want to go off on his own. Indy just has reassurance that his genes will go on.

Tom Cook

Try to think deductively, from the perspective of Spielberg.

Assuming this were the case, what would this do for the movie?

It would bring a sense of deep personal involvement to Indy and Mutt's interactions. Through their conflict, each misunderstands the other, and only fully understands the other more fully in light of their own personalities. Mutt gains a sense of self-worth in terms of faithfulness to his classic education and the pursuit of transcendent realities beyond this world, instead of just an unfruitful rebellion and spurning of this world. By contrast, Indy learns where ultimate treasure resides, in his authentic love for Marion his first-love.