what is your favorite Indiana Jones Shot

Dyonus said:
I only like it for its comedic purpose, but in Temple of Doom where Indy and Willie are talking through the hole in the wall and he goes "WE ARE GOING TO DIE" and then he makes that over exaggerated frowny face. :(

I die laughing every time I see that.
lol here you go....
IMG_0334_zpsbe385c93.png

JurassicPrince

You know, I'd really like the bump this thread. The more I watch Raiders and the more I read through the previous replies here, the more I'm reminded just how beautiful it is. From a visual and cinematographic standpoint, it's just perfect. And because of this, I just had to make an image encapsulating all my favorite shots and it still doesn't show the full beauty of the film.

IndianaJonesandtheRaidersoftheLostArk_zps1e1dd989.jpg

russds

JurassicPrince said:
You know, I'd really like the bump this thread. The more I watch Raiders and the more I read through the previous replies here, the more I'm reminded just how beautiful it is. From a visual and cinematographic standpoint, it's just perfect. And because of this, I just had to make an image encapsulating all my favorite shots and it still doesn't show the full beauty of the film.

I always enjoy bumps on this thread. Great pic @JurassicPrince. I remember that shot of the monkey from the ceiling with the fan slowly moving, scared me so much when I was young. And I always wondered, why...it's just a dead monkey ? :) But later I realized it was the construction of the shot, the position of the monkey, the shadow and slow movement of the fan. It's almost very Hitchcock - just gaining so much emotion from a couple simple poses, and a slowly moving fan. Genius. I just love the shots in the Indy series.

JurassicPrince

russds said:
I always enjoy bumps on this thread. Great pic @JurassicPrince. I remember that shot of the monkey from the ceiling with the fan slowly moving, scared me so much when I was young. And I always wondered, why...it's just a dead monkey ? :) But later I realized it was the construction of the shot, the position of the monkey, the shadow and slow movement of the fan. It's almost very Hitchcock - just gaining so much emotion from a couple simple poses, and a slowly moving fan. Genius. I just love the shots in the Indy series.

Thanks russds! I love how you broke that shot down. You've given me a new perspective on the fan speed. I also love your choice for that idol shot earlier in the thread. It's a fantastic shot. You are so right about the Indy series. Spielberg went all out on these films.

The picture I posted is in a higher resolution, but I think the forum wouldn't allow that.

Temple is another that really has amazing lighting throughout the whole film.

IndianaJonesandtheTempleofDoom_zpse031d9d7.jpg

martinland

JurassicPrince said:
Temple is another that really has amazing lighting throughout the whole film.
Ahhh, thanks for these magnificent collages and reminders that Douglas Slocombe and Spielberg made film lighting & composition history! :gun:

JurassicPrince

martinland said:
Ahhh, thanks for these magnificent collages and reminders that Douglas Slocombe and Spielberg made film lighting & composition history! :gun:

No problem. The Indiana Jones films are one of a kind. As you get older, they only get better because you start to take notice of just how expertly shot they are.

ListenLiveLong

martinland said:
Very well put indeed! (y)
These photos are breathtaking, and like JP said, they capture the beauty of the films. It's a really nice composition, must I say. Lucas and Spielberg did a wonderful job on the IJ films, and it will always be my favorite movie series.

ListenLiveLong

martinland said:
Very well put indeed! (y)
These photos are breathtaking, and like JP said, they capture the beauty of the films. It's a really nice composition, must I say. Lucas and Spielberg did a wonderful job on the IJ films, and it will always be my favorite movie series.

JurassicPrince

ListenLiveLong said:

Everything you said there is just spot on, ListenLiveLong!

IndianaJonesandtheLastCrusade_zpsc857143d.jpg

Henry Jones VII

ListenLiveLong said:

hear, hear!

(y) (y)

Phlip

160.jpg

Quite random, but I just love the look of disgust at Willie putting perfume on an elephant. Harrison just does it perfectly. XD

russds

Phlip said:
Quite random, but I just love the look of disgust at Willie putting perfume on an elephant. Harrison just does it perfectly. XD
Nice! Yeah, we could probably get a whole thread just of just Indy expressions.
some others.

JurassicPrince

Phlip said:

russds said:
Nice! Yeah, we could probably get a whole thread just of just Indy expressions.

Harrison Ford in general has the coolest facial expressions in his movies

redlegato

Kinda late to respond to this thread (but hey, it's only on Page 2!). In a recent viewing of TLC, I noticed the composition of this shot:

I love how Elsa is framed by the darkened backsides of Henry and Indy. The shot acts as a spotlight on her character, since she's about to trigger the climax of the movie. To me, it really sums up the strange triangle that is Henry/Junior/Elsa.

Sea Monarch

redlegato said:
Kinda late to respond to this thread (but hey, it's only on Page 2!). In a recent viewing of TLC, I noticed the composition of this shot:

I love how Elsa is framed by the darkened backsides of Henry and Indy. The shot acts as a spotlight on her character, since she's about to trigger the climax of the movie. To me, it really sums up the strange triangle that is Henry/Junior/Elsa.

Very keen observation on that shot, redlegato. Well done indeed.

russds

redlegato said:
Kinda late to respond to this thread (but hey, it's only on Page 2!). In a recent viewing of TLC...

Never too late. I love the screen shots and observations in this thread. This is another great one. I hadn't noticed before how cool this shot is. Thanks!