what is your favorite Indiana Jones Shot

WrathofGod

Pale Horse said:
...were lost when they got rid of this type of shot:

125.jpg

That moment in Raiders is quiet pointed with sharp editing and music and Marion just finishing her line "HA! See you tomorrow, Indiana Jones!". Indy turns suddenly and his eye just breaks into the light, brilliant. This shot, being heavily backlit retains the shape of the hat, head and neck which helps lift Indy out of the picture and frames him nicely. The Crystal Skull shot that's similar seems to blend Indy into the background, it might have been helped by a bit of backlight off to the right to bring out the shape more:gun: :gun: ..IMO.

AnImaginaryBoy

A lot of my favourite shots have been mentioned already, but one I love from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which may not be a popular choice is when Indy watches the mushroom cloud after escaping in the fridge. Also I love the moment where he hides behind the crates with all the gunfire in the background. That's classic Indy, I reckon. :)

WrathofGod

:confused:

What about this classic?!, When i look at this picture Indys expression mirrors my own.

Last edited:

Morning Bell

AnImaginaryBoy said:
A lot of my favourite shots have been mentioned already, but one I love from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which may not be a popular choice is when Indy watches the mushroom cloud after escaping in the fridge. Also I love the moment where he hides behind the crates with all the gunfire in the background. That's classic Indy, I reckon. :)

I like both of those as well. The mushroom cloud shot looked amazing and it's one of my favorites in the film.

The Drifter

This may have been said before, but my all time favorite shot, and line is during ToD when Willie tries to reach her arm inside the bug infested hole. She turns back to the "bug-free" hole, and we see Indy's face. "We..Are..Going..To..DIE!"

I love that!

JP Jones

Watching KOTCS again I noticed how awesome the shot is where indy just witnessed Dovchenco's death and he picks up his hat. He got that "no more mister nice guy" look. gives me chills.

Little Indy

Ironclaw said:

Whoa!!! When you see the still shot like that and realize the distance that had to be traveled, this is what Indy is all about!

Edit: Just thought of something. I have been looking for a picture that I saw once. I saw it online but I can't remember the original source I can't remember if it was in a magazine, or a press release or what. Anyhow It's a pic of Indy from behind, walking down the hallway in the Peruvian jail from Crystal Skull. Just his back and he has the backpack.

http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/gallery/screens/ij4_37.jpg

This pic is around the same time in the movie but not of the one I'm thinking of. If anyone knows what I'm talking about then I'd appreciate your help in finding it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cole

Everything that comes to mind comes from that first sequence in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark.'

Indy as he's getting ready to replace the bag of sand with the golden idol. The golden reflection on Indy's face, his intensity, his arms beside him........beautiful. That probably encompasses everything Indy for me, but there's a lot of great ones to be sure.

kongisking

306.jpg

This shot bleeds "badass."

vlcsnap-5000283.png

"A Dynamite Stick In A Nuclear Age." Unforgettable. This shot alone makes KOTCS worth watching.

russds

I just wanted to bump this thread. I think it's great. One thing I've loved of the indy movies is there comic-book style shots, with a lot going on, and a lot of art put into it. I also love that people took the time to snap screen shots and put them here, would love to see more. Here are some of my favorites:

I think stoo brought up this one, it is great:
vlcsnap-2012-07-26-08h37m40s92.png

I mentioned this one in another thread, but love how the fire is moving in the background along with the plane in a circular motion:
vlcsnap-2012-07-26-08h41m50s64.png

I love the use of silloquettes through the series, this one is great, along with the great line, "Truck....what truck!?":
vlcsnap-2012-07-26-08h42m26s219.png

-Russ

Indy's brother

Matzilla's LC pic from three years ago instantly made me think of this:

lastcrusade.jpg

1north-by-northwest-poster-3.jpg

Sure, I had to flip the movie poster, but you get the idea. Please excuse the crudity of this image. I also didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.

Last edited:

russds

Stoo said:
My favourite is the hubcap shot in "Skull". A close second is the smoking, Cairo agent framed in the doorway from "Raiders".
(No, you don't need Indy in the shot in order for it to be good.;))

Hey Stoo, just wondering, the "hubcap shot from 'Skull'", is that this one:
vlcsnap-2012-07-27-07h07m01s52.png

If so, I'm kind of curious, why out of all the shots in Indy series, this would be your favorite? maybe i'm missing something? Just curious. Thanks!
-Russ

Indy's brother

I can't speak for Stoo, but for me it's a great shot because it looks like a flying saucer spinning. It's a nice touch when you look at it that way, and if it were any other director, I'd say it was just a coincidence. But it's not, it's Spielberg, who likes to do stuff like this to bookend his movies. Think of the air-raid siren in doom-town and the sound of the saucer firing up at the end, for example.