what is your favorite Indiana Jones Shot

Indy's brother

Pale Horse said:
...were lost when they got rid of this type of shot:

125.jpg

I agree. I was watching Raiders the other day and noticed all the really interesting shots in it. There's a shot in the Raven sequence right after yours that has a candlestick holder in the foreground partially blocking the shot of Marion as she pulls the headpiece out of her blouse. Love that one. Wouldn't begin to know how to post it here.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Just click on the picture icon above, you can use the screenshots served in one of theraider.net's galleries, take the URL from the picture you chose (make sure it's just the part of the URL linking to the image) and copy it into the dialogue window that opened after you clicked the picture icon.

In the end the code looks something like this: [ img ]http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/gallery/dvdscreenshots/046.jpg [ \img ]

This is one way to do it. :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
198.jpg

Shadowy reflections

079.jpg

Someone was recently musing on how excellent this scene, and the one immediately following with the window, are. I quite agree.

392.jpg

And that pretty much encapsulates the film, there.

Stoo

My favourite is the hubcap shot in "Skull". A close second is the smoking, Cairo agent framed in the doorway from "Raiders".
(No, you don't need Indy in the shot in order for it to be good.;))

Cagefighterkip

Pale Horse said:
...were lost when they got rid of this type of shot:

125.jpg

i love this shot,
didnt they reDo that shot for KOTCS when indy and mutt are underground finding the skull w/orellana? i think so... god thats a gorgeous shot.

Canyon

Those are all beautiful shots and I there are so many that I love that I wouldn't know where to begin. ;)

nitzsche

Cagefighterkip said:
i love this shot,
didnt they reDo that shot for KOTCS when indy and mutt are underground finding the skull w/orellana? i think so... god thats a gorgeous shot.

This one. Very similar. Always got to have tight shots on Indy's eyes.

vlcsnap12676026fa5.jpg

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I really like the lighting in that Crystal Skull sequence. But I in my mind the shot itself illustrates very well, that, what immerses the Raiders version with such significance is not only the great lighting but the mood of the scene itself and the fact that those are the barely visible eyes of a hero who has just been more or less ...rejected. There's just a lot more stuff going on in that one shot from Raiders than its Crystal Skull successor.

I also firmly agree with Attila's LC choices. Especially that moment of lostness, which is something that distinguishes Indy so often in his "Action" scenes. Actually this whole office sequence works slightly like a super-slowly paced and wonderfully timed Action scene itself. It's great.

TheDarkCrusader

My favorite shot is in the beginning of Raiders when Harrison's face is shown for the first time after he whips the gun out of that guy's hand, that stare he gives is priceless.

WrathofGod

JuniorJones said:
Indy silhouetted against the mountain in Raiders.

I loved the silhouetted shot at sunset in Raiders while they were digging for the Ark and you hear the howling wind as Indy adjusts his hat.:hat:

That's Art. That's Iconic.

Last edited:

DoomTown

WrathofGod said:
I loved the silhouetted shot at sunset in Raiders while they were digging for the Ark and you hear the howling wind as Indy adjusts his hat.:hat:

One of my favorite images:The long shot of Indy in the middle of the rope bridge, surrounded on both sides by Thuggee. Man, there are so many...:whip:

Star81

WrathofGod said:

Me too. That's the shot I was thinking of. One of my favorites and iconic.

Reminds me of the Twin Sunset Luke glazes at in Star Wars Episode IV.

TheMutt92

Anyone know when the Raider is planning on expanding its screenshot section to include KOTCS? I know someone was posting a bunch of good ones back when the Blu-Ray came out...