New Acquisitions!!

My Todd's 8' whip came the other day. It's gorgeous-- waiting on some Neatsfoot oil though so I can condition the fall.

Also just bought a Weapon's Belt and a pair of pre-distressed Wells Lamont gloves from Todd's discount eBay profile. $1.99 and $2.99 respectively.

The belt apparently has a soft-spot in the back, and the gloves he says he distressed too much. I'm not too concerned about either. The gloves will be used outside anyway and the belt... I can't imagine a "soft spot" will make it totally unusable. Sure beats paying full price...

Uki

I finally got Hasbro's Chief Temple Guard in the mail today!

I still need Mola Ram, the cloth-topped truck, and I would love at least two more Temple Guards. I also want to track down the remaining Adventure Hero Sets (2 from TOD and all 3 LC sets). (If anyone wants to help a fellow Indyfan out, let me know!)

I do miss the Hasbro collections...here's hoping Indy 5 happens soon and we see more.

Joosse

DocWhiskey said:
Indeed. I got a lil Vader too.

Perhaps your Indy's hand suffered the same fate as Luke Skywalker:dead:

I can just hear Sean Connery saying: "Henry, I am your father..."

Jack Panix said:
I thought that was a crazy purchase, but it got me interested in tracking down a copy of that 1938 issue of Life Magazine that appeared in Raiders.

Good call, Jack.

And yes it's a crazy purchase, but I'm very much into the 30's and 40's as a re-enactor as well.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Just got my Bronze Indiana Jones on Horse Statue!

I'm sorry, but when I read that at first I thought:

Great, now you only need the Indiana Jones on Crack and the Indiana Jones on Cocaine to complete the set...

:D

Barnett College said:
A couple more things.
Wonderfull sallah's tie from Magnoli Clothiers

Great looking tie!

I love Magnoli's stuff.

Now Barnett, how about a picture of you wearing the tie?

ROB98374

My 10ft Todd's whip arrived yesterday.
Very happy with the color and the look.
DSCF3273.jpg

Rhys135

My 12" Henry Snr figured arrived today :-

l_c9e8912782a947609f3dc951a91fd8a3.jpg

The clothes are very nice, but I would prefer a smile on the face, but that doesn't stop it from being a cool figure.

Here he is with the rest of the gang :-

l_9364a2f01e13422e9d11f4b7fa1204a1.jpg

Also, I got this shirt on eBay the other week for 99 pence. It's a promotional shirt, advertising forthcoming Paramount DVD's, and obviously features our favourite hero :-

l_7bf44f81999f4e69b49196a1c9a37041.jpg

My weapon's belt and Well's Lamont gloves came from Todd last night.

The belt is a tad too small, honestly. But I'll practice distressing it. It was only $3. The gloves are even nicer than described-- they were listed as being heavily distressed-- they were actually brand new.

I just bought another belt off of eBay from Todd. This one is a size larger-- I hope it fits better. It was $8. He says they have minor flaws but wasn't specific.

Crack that whip

Alas, my difficult finances have continued to hamper my efforts to acquire all the LEGO sets, but in the past couple weeks I've finally (!) gotten Ambush in Cairo and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle.

I now have at least one of each of the regular LEGO sets except The Temple of Doom and Venice Canal Chase, though I'm still well short of all the additional copies I desire of the sets I do have (in particular, I really want at least one more Temple Escape, at least two more Temple of the Crystal Skulls, and a bunch more Jungle Duels; I'd also like at least one more Shanghai Chase, perhaps a few more Race for the Stolen Treasures and a few more Jungle Cutters).

Goodeknight

ROB98374 said:
My 10ft Todd's whip arrived yesterday.
Very happy with the color and the look.
DSCF3273.jpg
Nice looking whip, Rob. How does it crack or handle in general? I've heard Todd's are more for a good look than for regular use.

I'm mainly asking because I recently dropped a bundle on a Joe Strain 10 footer I found on eBay. Love the whip, but the price is weighing heavily on my conscience. (Temporary insanity, and wanting a top notch Indy whip for decades.)

Again, though, very nice looking whip.

indyclone25

goodeknight said:
Nice looking whip, Rob. How does it crack or handle in general? I've heard Todd's are more for a good look than for regular use.

I'm mainly asking because I recently dropped a bundle on a Joe Strain 10 footer I found on eBay. Love the whip, but the price is weighing heavily on my conscience. (Temporary insanity, and wanting a top notch Indy whip for decades.)

Again, though, very nice looking whip.
the todds 8ft whips are made for cracking and the ten ft are made for show , that was what todd told me . but it does look nice doesnt it , i bought the 8ft whip about a montha go and it cracks great!!!

oh yeah i bought the kids sound and action book for indiana jones and the kingdom of the cyrstal skull yesterday at tj maxx for 5 bucks

Uki

I have the first 2 omnibuses but I need the rest.

I should have a complete (with package and diorama) cloth-toped cargo truck on its way to me as we speak/type. I also grabbed a Titanium Rocket Sled and Cargo Truck at Big Lots a couple of weeks ago.

I still need a MOC Mola Ram and a couple of extra Temple Guards for my Hasbro collection, as well as Willie and Indy's Adventure Heroes release and all three LC AH sets.

Then, I may set my sights on a few Mighty Mugs and some of the 12" figures from Hasbro, thogh I'm tempted to bid on a few Sideshow figures, too.

indy34

Gentle Giant limited edition 751/1000 Indiana Jones minibust with idol & whip(y)
They had a whole bunch of Indy stuff on discount in the Queens street toyshop in Brisbane, just thought I'd let anyone around there know.

Goonie

Indiana Jones Omnibus The Further Adventures Volume 3 came in the mail today. Perfect timing. I'm almost done reading Volume 2.

ROB98374

Got the Indy dio with bag today. I thought they were going to have a 200 run with the bag and a 500 run without. Guess not, since mine was numbered out of 500. I ordered one of each, maybe I should cancel the standard one.
DSCF3281.jpg

ROB98374 said:
Got the Indy dio with bag today. I thought they were going to have a 200 run with the bag and a 500 run without. Guess not, since mine was numbered out of 500. I ordered one of each, maybe I should cancel the standard one.
DSCF3281.jpg

My understanding is 500 total with the first 200 having the bag included.