New Acquisitions!!

ROB98374

I know the Dorfman licensed Indiana Jones fedora's gets made fun of all the time, but I had to buy it since it is a "Officially Licensed Collectors Edition" of the Indiana Jones fedora. Only 500 made.
Since I have never seen any actual pictures posted, here are some pictures of the Pacific-Dorfman handmade 100% Beaver fedora.
DSCF3297.jpg
DSCF3296.jpg
DSCF3298.jpg

ROB98374 said:
I know the Dorfman licensed Indiana Jones fedora's gets made fun of all the time, but I had to buy it since it is a "Officially Licensed Collectors Edition" of the Indiana Jones fedora. Only 500 made.
Since I have never seen any actual pictures posted, here are some pictures of the Pacific-Dorfman handmade 100% Beaver fedora.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/...et.com/albums/n238/petersen98374/DSCF3298.jpg

Wow. That was what... $5-600? And it looks nothing like the film hat. If I had that sorta money to throw around on a hat, I woulda gone for an Adventurbilt or pretty much any other handmade hat. At least a lot of those LOOK like the film hat.

Exulted Unicron

I just got back from a CD and record fair today and I came across these cheap LPs. I know its not Indy specific, more Indy related and I couldn't resist pickin them up.

indyrecord.jpg

indyrecord2.jpg

Looking at the back, they were released in the summer of 1982

Jack Panix

Exulted Unicron said:
I just got back from a CD and record fair today and I came across these cheap LPs. I know its not Indy specific, more Indy related and I couldn't resist pickin them up.

indyrecord.jpg

indyrecord2.jpg

Looking at the back, they were released in the summer of 1982
By Ronco, no less!

Hanselation

foreignerfred said:
I know her note isn't an "official announcement," but do you think Harrison's involvement in "Cowboys and Aliens" screws up Karen's Indy 5 timeline?

I hope not.

The release date of "Cowboys and Aliens" is july 2011. So they will shoot that movie mainly this year. So it could still be possible that Indy 5 will be done in 2011 - If they have a script... :confused:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Kind of wishing she's off a bit so I can get her for the comiconn 2011 in new haven to celebrate indy's 30th anniv. Fans can meet her and walk over to the set of Marshall college. That would be cool? No?

Rhys135

Recived Sideshow's Belloq today. A much better figure than I exected, considering a lot of fans said it was the weakest in the 12" line.

l_15df81cb55df4aaf91ff722ab060000c.jpg

The hat is the only poor piece in the set in my opinion.

DocWhiskey

Went to a used bookstore and found a few of the old Marvel Indy comics for a dollar. And I found Raiders and Last Crusade on laserdisc for $3 each. SO I bought all those.

ROB98374

Got the Noble Collections 10ft Indiana Jones whip.
DSCF3309.jpg

Not very impressed. A lot shorter than my Todd's 10ft whip. Although I can actually fit my hand through the wrist loop on the Noble, but not the Todds.
DSCF3305.jpg

It came with a cool box, and the hook is actually pretty nice looking. I might use it to display the Todd's whip.
DSCF3310.jpg

bonoferox said:
That looks pretty nice. And it's fully functional and not just for display?

I've heard no, that it's just an extremely over-priced prop whip. I've also heard it called junk by quite a few people. And if you read ROB's post, he didn't seem too thrilled with it either.

indyclone25

yeah the noble whip is just for show , worth diddly-sqwat for cracking , how much did you spend on the noble whip , if you don't mind me asking?

bonoferox

I just checked the Noble Collection site and it claims it's a fully functional whip. Priced at 199.99 that's not too bad.
But it most likely isnt as good as other market whips.

ROB98374

Looking at the whip again today, I am thinking a little differently.

If I would have only bought the Noble whip, I would have been happy with it.
It looks good, I like the color and comes with a nice whip holder.

The main thing I didn't like about it was how light it feels. The Todds whip is solid and heavy. But thinking about it, I only want a prop whip anyway, and the Todds whip is pretty heavy when I put it on my belt. I guess the Noble whip might be better because it is less weight to carry around.

Each one has its positives and negatives.
The Noble one will serve me well for my Halloween costume. Thats all I really wanted this stuff for anyways.

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
Looking at the whip again today, I am thinking a little differently.

If I would have only bought the Noble whip, I would have been happy with it.
It looks good, I like the color and comes with a nice whip holder.

The main thing I didn't like about it was how light it feels. The Todds whip is solid and heavy. But thinking about it, I only want a prop whip anyway, and the Todds whip is pretty heavy when I put it on my belt. I guess the Noble whip might be better because it is less weight to carry around.

Each one has its positives and negatives.
The Noble one will serve me well for my Halloween costume. Thats all I really wanted this stuff for anyways.
yeah thats what the noble will be good for , i would love to have a noble whip ,but just for my indy collection , but i can't wait for my temple of doom indy bust ad short round bust next week ,(y)