Customizing Indy Figures

Lambonius

I'm planning on making a Marcus custom, but I think the Anakin head just doesn't cut it likeness-wise. I'm thinking of picking up a loose Malaki Rancor Keeper figure and using the head, but I'm worried about size compatibility issues. Can anyone who has this figure tell me anything about the compatibility of the head with the neck of any of the basic Indy figures (preferably a Tie Indy neck?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Lance Quazar said:
We were discussing this head on RS. I think it's perfect for a Mechanic custom!

Hmm, not sure how I missed that. Rather than use the Thug Chief's body, I was thinking of using the torso, upper arms, and lower legs from 25th Torch, the lower arms from 25th Xamot, and the upper legs from Serpentor, along with his head. Once I source all those parts and get them painted I will post pics so you can see how it turns out.

Billy Ray

Was checking out those wrestling figures today at Wal-Mart and saw this guy:

Umaga

The body looks a little closer, definitely flabbier and not as "cut". The head would certainly have to go, there's no saving that.

NickTurner

Lambonius said:
I'm planning on making a Marcus custom, but I think the Anakin head just doesn't cut it likeness-wise. I'm thinking of picking up a loose Malaki Rancor Keeper figure and using the head, but I'm worried about size compatibility issues. Can anyone who has this figure tell me anything about the compatibility of the head with the neck of any of the basic Indy figures (preferably a Tie Indy neck?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I can tell you is that the heads on these earlier (POTF2) Star Wars figures is completely different. They have a big peg on the bottom of the head, so the neck is part of the head, not the body. I have heard, but not tried myself, that you can cut the neck off and drill a hole in the head (!) to attach to a neck post.

I can also tell you that this figure has the cowl-thing glued to the top of his head. I'm not sure what's under there, but at the very least you would have to sculpt some hair. I agree that the face looks good.

nevsky41

One quick thought...

I am trying to come up with a way to make a Nepal Marion. I HATE the wave 1 Cairo Marion, especially the headsculpt that looks NOTHING at all like Karen Allen. Any suggestsions for a recipe?

The Golden Idol

nevsky41 said:
One quick thought...

I am trying to come up with a way to make a Nepal Marion. I HATE the wave 1 Cairo Marion, especially the headsculpt that looks NOTHING at all like Karen Allen. Any suggestsions for a recipe?

I's really like to know as well, since I'd really like to have a Well of Souls Marion with a good headsculpt.

Kevin

The Golden Idol said:
I's really like to know as well, since I'd really like to have a Well of Souls Marion with a good headsculpt.

Assuming you find a good head, what were you planning to use for the rest of the figure?

The Golden Idol

Kevin said:
Assuming you find a good head, what were you planning to use for the rest of the figure?

I have no idea. The awesome customizer inky_skin said he was going to make one, so I'd get the recipe from him.

Kevin

The Golden Idol said:
I have no idea. The awesome customizer inky_skin said he was going to make one, so I'd get the recipe from him.

Good idea, that guy can make anything! Wonder if he would be interested in doing commissions...;)

Lance Quazar

Hey, more great fodder from the DC "Infinite Heroes" line for all kinds of Indy-verse characters...

DCIH-209.jpg

Lambonius

Received my Marauder bike w/sidecar in the mail today. Man, is that sidecar ever a perfect fit!! It looks like it was made to fit the German bike exactly. It'll need some glue to hold it in place, but the pegs line up perfectly with the front of the engine block and the hole in the side toward the back. It should be a relatively simple matter to paint it to match up with the colors on the German bike. And honestly, the wheel doesn't look too bad (it could use maybe a repaint on the spokes to match up with the color of the bike wheels, but other than that it's fine.) Seriously, this is the best we're going to get for a sidecar for the bike, and damned if it isn't pretty much awesome. I'm so glad that such an essential vehicle is going to be such a simple custom job. I'll post some pics in a couple days when I get around to the paint job. (y)

vf wing

Dr. Joenes said:
Any other lines out there have suitable stand-ins for the jungle chase vehicles in anyone's opinion?

I've got a brown camo jeep from The Corps! that came out a few years ago. Also a flat-looking, six-wheeled vehicle (same line) that screams Russian to me and will stand in for the duck in a pinch.

Lance Quazar

Dr. Joenes said:
Any other lines out there have suitable stand-ins for the jungle chase vehicles in anyone's opinion?

I have a Power Team Elite jeep which is surprisingly accurate for the WWII time period.

Not really ideal for KotCS recreations, but an excellent Indy-era vehicle nevertheless.

yhst-75496263108875_2018_0

Billy Ray

Lambonius said:
Received my Marauder bike w/sidecar in the mail today. Man, is that sidecar ever a perfect fit!! It looks like it was made to fit the German bike exactly. It'll need some glue to hold it in place, but the pegs line up perfectly with the front of the engine block and the hole in the side toward the back. It should be a relatively simple matter to paint it to match up with the colors on the German bike. And honestly, the wheel doesn't look too bad (it could use maybe a repaint on the spokes to match up with the color of the bike wheels, but other than that it's fine.) Seriously, this is the best we're going to get for a sidecar for the bike, and damned if it isn't pretty much awesome. I'm so glad that such an essential vehicle is going to be such a simple custom job. I'll post some pics in a couple days when I get around to the paint job. (y)

Is the wheel on the sidecar the same size as the ones on the German bike? I was thinking of swapping that wheel out for one of them if they are the same size.

Lambonius

Billy Ray said:
Is the wheel on the sidecar the same size as the ones on the German bike? I was thinking of swapping that wheel out for one of them if they are the same size.

It's pretty close, though definitely just slightly smaller. You can only spot the difference if you are really looking for it and comparing them side by side, but it is enough of a difference that it might make swapping them a problem.

Billy Ray

Lambonius said:
It's pretty close, though definitely just slightly smaller. You can only spot the difference if you are really looking for it and comparing them side by side, but it is enough of a difference that it might make swapping them a problem.

Thanks. I should have mine in a couple of days. Hopefully I can figure something out.