Customizing Indy Figures

The Golden Idol

inky_skin said:
Actually, I had bumped "Well of Souls Marion" from my roster in anticipation of getting her in ROTLA Wave 2.

Since the 2nd Raiders wave has been officially cancelled, can you PLEASE make a custom Well of Souls Marion and post the recipe? Your customs are AMAZING, and I NEED a Well of Souls Marion in my collection! Also, if you are able to make any other figures of characters planned for the cancelled wave, PLEASE do so and post the instructions! I really wanted that 2nd wave, but since it was cancelled and you have such amazing customizing skills, is there a chance you'll help me out? I have a feeling I'm not the only one here that really needs a white dress Marion, a Toht, or a German Mechanic!

Billy Ray

Here is his recipe:

I used the Sebastian Shaw Anakin head, drilled a hole into it to fit
Ponda Baba cantina jacket (had a couple barstool sets lying around)
TLC Indy torso
Indy on horse legs
Then just painted it close as I could
I was really suprised to see how nice it turned out.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=27&Number=3425388&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3425388

And he also has a ton of other great customs here:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=27&Number=3427950&Main=3426422#Post3427950

NickTurner

German Mechanic

Since Hasbro won't be giving us one anytime soon, try this for a German mechanic.

GM_1.jpg

GM_2.jpg

GM_3.jpg

This was based on a wrestling figure - "Boogeyman" which is being sold right now. I bought mine in Walmart just one aisle over from Indiana Jones.

GM_4.jpg

I trimmed his hair and pants a bit. Oh, and I gave him some teeth!

GM_5.jpg

He's a bit muscley, but I guess that increases the menace! I guess the face is close enough for an action figure (certainly no worse than Hasbro "Lukes") unless one of you wonderful customizers has a suggestion?

Lambonius

Indy vs. German Mechanic CAGE MATCH!!!! ;)

Looks pretty nice. I wonder if you could use some sculpey to smooth him out and make him less ripped. I'm thinking you could flab him up pretty easily if you wanted to and it'd look pretty natural. Just a thought. :hat:

Also, I'd suggest a hand swap for some fisted hands so he can put up his dukes (if it's possible--I don't know those wrestling figures very well, but if you can pull that off, he'd be even better.)

NickTurner

2 great suggestions! When I first saw the figure I thought 'perfect'! But, yeah, he is rather 'ripped' as you say.

The torso on this figure is hard plastic, so it could be sanded down a bit too. Probably have to use some other filler on the harder plastic - maybe epoxy putty.

The articulation on this figure puts H to shame! Of course I ended up painting the whole thing, so that pretty much screws up the articulation... (If you notice on the original figure, the torso and arms are two different colors.) But the hands should come off easily.

Kevin

NickTurner said:
2 great suggestions! When I first saw the figure I thought 'perfect'! But, yeah, he is rather 'ripped' as you say.

The torso on this figure is hard plastic, so it could be sanded down a bit too. Probably have to use some other filler on the harder plastic - maybe epoxy putty.

The articulation on this figure puts H to shame! Of course I ended up painting the whole thing, so that pretty much screws up the articulation... (If you notice on the original figure, the torso and arms are two different colors.) But the hands should come off easily.

How did you add the mustache? Apoxie Sculpt?

Kevin

NickTurner said:
Uh-oh. Will you be mad at me if I admit it's just paint!!

Not at all! I'm actually happy that such a fantastic looking mustache can be done without sculpey. I'm thinking of making a mechanic out of Joe parts, with a Serpentor head, and was thinking about the best way to add the 'stache.

NickTurner

OMG! Hold everything! Check out Kane - even better head for Pat Roach. (Looks like same body as for Boogeyman. Doesn't have a belt on the pants though.)

GM_6.jpg

GM_7.jpg

Stoo

NickTurner said:
OMG! Hold everything! Check out Kane - even better head for Pat Roach.
Go for it, Nick! That's a much better head. The Mechanic does smile at one point but the other one is too...happy.

Lambonius said:
you guys gotta check out the pics in this thread. Several amazing Belloqs, LC Sallah, Black Suit Vogel, a version of Marcus, another Flying Wing, etc. Really awesome stuff.
W O W !!! Nice to see those Peru Belloqs and those diorama shots are amazing!
Too bad there isn't detail shots of the Flying Wing (even though Glorbes' is superior).
Gotta love that Arctic Indy, Toht, Gobler, Sallah. They're ALL excellent!(y)

This is a great thread. Keep up the eye-popping work, folks!:hat:

Lance Quazar

Forget the wrestlers - if you want good fodder for a Mechanic, buy the Chief Thuggee Guard and remove the robes/sash from the figure. They are a separate piece and can be cut off revealing a well-muscled bare torso.

Heck, it could very well be the same torso Hasbro was going to use for the Mechanic anyway, given they're played by the same actor.

NickTurner

Cool! I'll check it out. Do you have pics? I was admiring the figures in their packaging last night kinda savoring the last IJ figures as it were and admiring the lovely eyes! Now I will have to rip them open. You are still going to need a good head tho....

Kevin