General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Well, I really hate to be one of those guys who drops a rumor with no hard eveidence to back it up but...

I was up at the Technicolor building on the Universal lot and was taking a tour with my buddy who works there and we went into one of the projection rooms, I started talking with one of the color timers and he said something along the lines of Shane Black being approached to pen an Indiana Jones 5 draft. Shane has written such films as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and the original Lethal Weapon among others... (gulp... Last Action Hero).

He could of been f*cking with me or wanted to sound cool or something (why the hell would he know about that?) but there it is.

What do you think about this possibility?

Your chance acquaintance is somewhat in the know, but there's a crucial detail that's off.

Shane Black is penning the script for a film about a famous pulpy 1930s adventurer, but it's not Indiana Jones, it's Doc Savage.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dr. Gonzo said:
Well, I really hate to be one of those guys who drops a rumor with no hard eveidence to back it up but...

I was up at the Technicolor building on the Universal lot and was taking a tour with my buddy who works there and we went into one of the projection rooms, I started talking with one of the color timers and he said something along the lines of Shane Black being approached to pen an Indiana Jones 5 draft. Shane has written such films as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and the original Lethal Weapon among others... (gulp... Last Action Hero).

He could of been f*cking with me or wanted to sound cool or something (why the hell would he know about that?) but there it is.

What do you think about this possibility?

You can never tell. A couple of years back, I once went to Panavision over at the WB Movieworld Studios (on the Gold Coast, Australia) and they had told me that Walden Media were considering to shoot Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader here. That was info I got in 2007, and well, proof's in the pudding: they shot Narnia here this year and were here for months (and I tried to get on to that one through a backdoor, friend of a friend kind of thing, I hate it when it doesn't work out).

The fact that Shane Black may be working on Doc Savage, would certainly make him a candidate to write Indy V. At least, I would think so.

I personally quite liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. That was the film I saw to celebrate graduating high school. (y)

Meerkat

Jack Nelligan said:
I heard a rumor from a friend in Hollywood that Spalco will be back. Kate Blanchett is in talks right now to come back in Indy V. How in the hell would they work that into the story?
They'll find a way. I promise you, they'll find a way.(y)

Dr. Gonzo

Attila the Professor said:
Your chance acquaintance is somewhat in the know, but there's a crucial detail that's off.

Shane Black is penning the script for a film about a famous pulpy 1930s adventurer, but it's not Indiana Jones, it's Doc Savage.

Now that's interesting. The more and more I think about it, that makes more sense. I asked him about any project he was excited to see come to fruition. He got real excited and explained that Black was approached to (paraphrasing) "Write a draft for a certain fedora wearing action adventure hero from the thirties." I assumed Indiana Jones. and I even said Indy 5? and he didn't disagree with me... so maybe he was purposely putting me on. Anyway...

I must confess I had no idea who Doc Savage was. Until now.

Does doc savage even wear a fedora?

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
I must confess I had no idea who Doc Savage was. Until now.

Doc Savage, Man of Bronze. Indy's poor relation. I remember seeing an old movie, but it was a lot more campy than Indiana Jones.

Doc isn't normally associated with a fedora. There can only be one 'man in the hat'...

The Drifter

Chicago Jones said:
I have an inside source that says NDY 5 is not going to happen. According to him, Lucas has not even started the script or treatment.

Who is your inside source? How does he know?

The Drifter

Chicago Jones said:
He is a janitor at Skywalker Ranch

I'm not dismissing what you're saying. But, how can a janitor know what George Lucas is up to? I highly doubt that he can even see Lucas, let alone know what he's doing.
I'm sorry that I have my doubts, but I think you could understand my side.

DocWhiskey

Moedred said:
Frank Marshall's at ILM, but don't get excited...
https://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/5832219533

I am dissapoint.
:(

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm not dismissing what you're saying. But, how can a janitor know what George Lucas is up to? I highly doubt that he can even see Lucas, let alone know what he's doing.
I'm sorry that I have my doubts, but I think you could understand my side.

Janitor's are super spies in disguise. This janitor could have the key to Lucas's office to "vaccum" the dorito crumbs from under his desk every night but in reality, perhaps he does some rummaging.

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:
I am dissapoint.
:(

Janitor's are super spies in disguise. This janitor could have the key to Lucas's office to "vaccum" the dorito crumbs from under his desk every night but in reality, perhaps he does some rummaging.

It sure is possible. Because if I was a janitor there; I'd do the same thing.

metalinvader

Chicago Jones said:
He is a janitor at Skywalker Ranch

Ha! Sure...:rolleyes:

The guy who picks the pubes out of the urinal has the latest scoop on Indy 5.

Quit lying.

My other friend who is another underpaid,Underling at Skywalker ranch says it is going to happen.

Oh..It's true.True I tell ya!

Morning Bell

At this point I'm not getting my hopes up. There have been no significant quotes or stories in the last few months and I'm afraid that this project may be on the back-burner. For better or worse it would be nice to have some confirmation either way.

James

As long as everyone continues to keep their schedules relatively free, I think we can take it as a pretty good sign. You have to assume that most of the specifics were agreed upon prior to the start of Indy 4 anyway.

If they really are thinking about a 2012 release date, there's no reason to expect any major details for another year. Indy 4 news didn't begin heating up until late 2006, and the film wasn't formally announced until early 2007.

Uki

I'm holding out hope that Indy 5 will in fact happen, despite what janitorial staff say. I loved KOTCS, but I think the series deserves an even better cap. Of course, if they decide to make 2 more films, even better! :D