General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Stoo

ResidentAlien said:
Which is why he was sleeping with a student and deflowered a teenage Marion...

...yeah.... not a bad boy...
Not to mention THREE-timing in "Scandal of 1920"...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Not to mention THREE-timing in "Scandal of 1920"...

....And losing his virginity to an exotic dancer and it's Mata Hari of all people..... :p

The running joke continues to pant on it's merry way.

Jack Nelligan

Lambonius said:
For some reason the thought of Indy cheating on his wife and conceiving an illegitimate child just seems wrong to me...;), not to mention out of character--Indy was never really a true "bad boy" type.

Did you hear how Indy talked to Marion in the Raven scene in Raiders. He sure sounded like a "bad boy'" to me.

Anyway, I would not like to see him cheat on Marion. I would have them divorce first. That relationship would never last!

Lambonius

Yes, perhaps the pre-Raiders Indy would have done it. But the character that has been built up over the four films is much different than that. Lucas and Spielburg have effectively turned Indiana Jones into a "family man" adventure hero.

mister64

Lambonius said:
Yes, perhaps the pre-Raiders Indy would have done it. But the character that has been built up over the four films is much different than that. Lucas and Spielburg have effectively turned Indiana Jones into a "family man" adventure hero.

I agree that Indy's a bit of a "family man" adventure hero but that's based on his character's evolution throughout the films.

Indy's character has evolved over the course of the films because of his experiences as well. We learn about his bitterness toward his father from childhood in TLC which leads me to believe that now that he knows he has a son he wants to make sure he's around and shows he cares about Mutt (even if not all members of this board do! :cool: ). Also now that Indy's older he wouldn't likely cheat on Marion since his character has changed. Things people do when they're younger aren't always the same things they'd do when they're older.

arkfinder

I have not been shy about the fact I want to see Short Round & Sallah back. More Sallah than Round for my taste. He's like Indy's right hand ya know. He was sorly missed in KOCS more me at least.

kongisking

arkfinder said:
I have not been shy about the fact I want to see Short Round & Sallah back. More Sallah than Round for my taste. He's like Indy's right hand ya know. He was sorly missed in KOCS more me at least.

This is something so many people seem to not understand/realize. Sallah has no reason to be in a movie if the adventure doesn't stop at a desert-like location at some point. He is a DIGGER, so Indy has no need for his services otherwise. This is why Sallah does not appear in TOD or KOTCS: the quest in these flicks don't take place in a sandy locale, they are predominantly set in jungles. Lucas himself said all this, guys, when first asked why Sallah didn't return in Indy 4. It's not that hard! Sheesh!

mister64

kongisking said:
This is something so many people seem to not understand/realize. Sallah has no reason to be in a movie if the adventure doesn't stop at a desert-like location at some point. He is a DIGGER, so Indy has no need for his services otherwise. This is why Sallah does not appear in TOD or KOTCS: the quest in these flicks don't take place in a sandy locale, they are predominantly set in jungles. Lucas himself said all this, guys, when first asked why Sallah didn't return in Indy 4. It's not that hard! Sheesh!

John Rhys-Davies was approached for a cameo in KOTCS. He mentioned this in a Star Wars fan-interview/podcast (I forget the website, I don't think it was the Raven's Indycast though). He said it would have been him filmed sitting and smiling. That makes me assume he would've been CGIed into the wedding scene at the end.

You're right since he's a digger there'd be no need for him to have been part of the TOD or KOTCS adventure, but I would've been satisfied to see him and Henry Sr just sitting and smiling during the wedding scene.

The_Raiders

Hey, not meaning to interrupt the John Rhys-Davies conversation, but how bad would you all think an animated Indy film would be? I put this together to kind get an idea of what it would be like.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgESbQOtyXs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgESbQOtyXs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kongisking

mister64 said:
John Rhys-Davies was approached for a cameo in KOTCS. He mentioned this in a Star Wars fan-interview/podcast (I forget the website, I don't think it was the Raven's Indycast though). He said it would have been him filmed sitting and smiling. That makes me assume he would've been CGIed into the wedding scene at the end.

You're right since he's a digger there'd be no need for him to have been part of the TOD or KOTCS adventure, but I would've been satisfied to see him and Henry Sr just sitting and smiling during the wedding scene.

I would have had no problem with him attending Indy's wedding (what kind of friend would he be if he didn't show up? Gah!). Other than that, though, Sallah was not needed in that particular quest.

Jack Nelligan

I heard a rumor from a friend in Hollywood that Spalco will be back. Kate Blanchett is in talks right now to come back in Indy V. How in the hell would they work that into the story?

The Drifter

Jack Nelligan said:
I heard a rumor from a friend in Hollywood that Spalco will be back. Kate Blanchett is in talks right now to come back in Indy V. How in the hell would they work that into the story?

*Groan*

Tensadcharacters

Hanselation

EddyW said:
I sure hope this is not true... She was more funny than a menacing villain.

I thought Spalko was going to die in KotCS, and in a prequel she just would work in a flashback. But maybe she didn't die, but roamed into "the world between the worlds". I think she could be very dangerous after her experiences in "the world between the worlds"". No one of us knows, which kind of power she will recieve there.
Because nobody of us knows anything about the story, it's not impossible that Kate will come back ....maybe as Spalkos twin! ;)

indyjones2131

Well I just read on slashfilm that Spielberg will not being making Old Boy which puts his next release (Tintin) all the way until December 23, 2011.

Guess that leaves him some time to do Indy 5 or any of the other dozen projects he's been circling.

Jack Nelligan

indyjones2131 said:
Well I just read on slashfilm that Spielberg will not being making Old Boy which puts his next release (Tintin) all the way until December 23, 2011.

Guess that leaves him some time to do Indy 5 or any of the other dozen projects he's been circling.

He'd better hurry...Harrison is not getting any younger. I don't think a walker would make a very good additon to the Indy costume! (y)

Dr. Gonzo

Well, I really hate to be one of those guys who drops a rumor with no hard eveidence to back it up but...

I was up at the Technicolor building on the Universal lot and was taking a tour with my buddy who works there and we went into one of the projection rooms, I started talking with one of the color timers and he said something along the lines of Shane Black being approached to pen an Indiana Jones 5 draft. Shane has written such films as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and the original Lethal Weapon among others... (gulp... Last Action Hero).

He could of been f*cking with me or wanted to sound cool or something (why the hell would he know about that?) but there it is.

What do you think about this possibility?