Star Wars Saga

Papa Jones

"organ" can also refer to someone's voice (in french at least...)
Bail Organa was a senator, who had to use his voice...
And don't forget that Leia's real name's Skywalker.

Voilà, my two cents.

Gear

Baron Brunwald said:
And making an entertaining experience.

He cared about making an entertaining experience back in 1977 up to 1986 (or when ever Return of the Jedi came out) as far as Star Wars is concerned. In the old trilogy he told us what happend to the charictors in their past so there was no need for a new trilogy.

Baron Brunwald

gear guardian said:
He cared about making an entertaining experience back in 1977 up to 1986 (or when ever Return of the Jedi came out) as far as Star Wars is concerned. In the old trilogy he told us what happend to the charictors in their past so there was no need for a new trilogy.

1983 and the prequels gave us Anakin history, incase you missed that part.

Finn

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Also, is there soposed to be a sexual reference in princes Leia's name?

Princes Leia-Organa

:confused:
A little late addition, but... Is our friend actually referencing the EU timeline? As in that, Leia marries Han Solo and her name becomes officially Organa Solo... and to be honest, that has brought up more than its share of masturbation jokes.

Vendetta08

Baron Brunwald said:
1983 and the prequels gave us Anakin history, incase you missed that part.

Well by that, what was the point of the prequels if the history was already given in '83?

Gear

AL_Patterson said:
Well by that, what was the point of the prequels if the history was already given in '83?

THANK YOU
Exactly what I'm saying... There was no point in having a new trilogy. Episodes 1-3 were kind of cool but you already knew most of that history...

Finn... A little late adittion?... EU timeline?... :confused:...

NileQT87

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) A New Hope
3) Return Of The Jedi
4) The Star Wars Holiday Special
5) Revenge Of The Sith
6) Attack Of The Clones
7) The Phantom Menace

i think #4 makes it pretty clear how much i dislike the prequels.

however, i LOVE the original trilogy. especially han, leia and luke.

han going into carbonite is my favorite scene in the trilogy.

Finn

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Finn... A little late adittion?... EU timeline?... :confused:...
Just a reference to the fact this topic had progressed to a new field already.

Gear

What do you mean this thread has branched off?!
Oh ya, that reminds me! Do any of you guys wear yellow socks? :p

Finn

Staff member
gear guardian said:
What do you mean this thread has branched off?!
Oh ya, that reminds me! Do any of you guys wear yellow socks? :p
Oh, so the main point of this discussion in the first place was to mettle with the obscene references with character names? My apologies, continue.

<small>Now when I think of it, "Han Solo" with a D...

And Yoda. I dunno why, but that has always sounded... kinky.</small>

arkfinder

Star Wars had it's day. I think Epi.IV-VI are waaaayyy better than Epi.I-III. Those were/are a visual treat but lack in the acting department.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
With regards to the point of the prequels, while I've seen but a short bit of them, and recognize that they aren't exactly high art, I do challenge the notion that all they offer is history that was already known. Part of the idea was of the degeneration of a republic into an empire complete with powerful renegade factions, and of course of the psychological development of individuals in that system, the future Darth Vader most particularly. I know there's more to it than that, and it probably wasn't well done, but it certainly helps to establish the decay, both physical and political, that was seen in the original trilogy.

Gear

arkfinder said:
Star Wars had it's day. I think Epi.IV-VI are waaaayyy better than Epi.I-III. Those were/are a visual treat but lack in the acting department.

Thats what I think.
Star Wars episodes 1-3 lost the magic and luster that the old trilogy had however I think episode 1 was really cool, now 2 and 3... Ehh...

Kinky boot beasts preparing to attack!

Joe Brody

I'm biting my tongue on my usual Toht line to say this: the prequels don't hold much value for them but my kids love them. . . and there is some pathos is Revenge of the Sith and I hand it to Lucas on the casting.

1) Empire Strikes Back -- Carrie Fisher is compelling. Live for the Hoth scenes.
2) Revenge of the Sith -- I like the early Obi Wan (sp?) and Anakin banter and there later fight, plus the Emperor is wicked good. Still too much standing around.
3) New Hope
4) Attack of Clones -- Wooden
5) Phantom Menace

IndySeven

Here are my favorite Star Wars movies:

1. Tie between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. Attack of the Clones
5. The Phantom Menace

Star Wars rocks!!!!!!(y)