Star Wars Saga

Katarn07

I was disappointed by that. I was pumped for the CGI show because I hated the artstyle of the first series. Well it's the same bloody thing, only in 3D now! Lame.

The show is going to be good only if it is darker than the movies. Look at Star Trek. That was on forever and now no one cares because of the more realistic stuff on TV. It worked out at first, but you can only go on with the same formula for so long. The same can be said with Star Wars. It has to be done realitically.

How do you make Star Wars more realistic? Perhaps that's the wrong word but I'm sticking with it. Look at Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica. Truly the best show on TV, for me at least. We can do without the sex in the Star Wars show, but all the other elements of BSG are needed. Mixing military and politics is perfect considering the nature of the Empire. Imperials aren't so much evil as they are carrying out orders. Seeing the show as a soap opera like show through the eyes of many characters would be cool. An up and coming Rebel hero organizing a resistance movement, an Imperial governor or stormie struggling to carry out his duty, innocent bystanders forced to choose a side, the scum of the galaxy who are thriving in a time of civil war, etc.... They should all be located on the same planet, or even the same city, and interact with one another. One person's actions affect everyone's outcomes. This would seriously rock.

I have a feeling it's gonna be too much like the movie, and for that reason, not be successful. Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean people will keep tuning in if it's not good.

Vendetta08

I don't watch sci-fi shows on tv, only movies, but I will give the Star Wars show a try, but if it's bad, I won't be tuning any anymore. Only reason I'm tuning in, in the first place is because it's "Star Wars" and hopefully lightsabers will be used. But having Uncle George say it's going to be about an entirely new set of characters worries me. I wonder how much longer the bearded one is going to milk Star Wars... Until he dies is my guess.

Gobi-1

Katarn07 said:
I couldn't get into Cloak of Deception and actually forgot it existed. Rogue Planet was enjoyable for the opening chapter and the appearances of both Tarkin and Raith Sinear. For those who don't recognize the name, he invented such things as the IG assassin droids, TIE Fighters, and the Death Star. Yes, another continuity error AotC has. Why would a bunch of bug men have made that anyways?

Films > EU

Uncle George can disregard EU cannon whenever he pleases. I just assumed that the Geonosians were only studying the Death Star plans to see if it could actually be built, not that they actually designed it.

There was suppose to be a Death Star novel coming out that ties up all the loose ends and "continuity errors" regarding it but I believe it was canceled. Now theres a EU novel I would have read.

Eric Solo

The director of the clone wars 3D animated show is a youngish guy who is definately NOT George Lucas. I met him at CIV, but cannot recall his name. Dunno if GL will be directing the live action show.

Vendetta08

I think it looks pretty cool, and I know it will definitely be good if Coleman is directing episodes, I also love the Clone Wars era. For me, there's nothing to worry about when it comes to the animated show, it's the live action one that I'll be keeping an eye out for.

Gear

Here's my rank of favorite Star Wars movies:
1. A New Hope (THE BEST STAR WARS MOVIE!)
2. The Empire Strikes Back (SECOND BEST STAR WARS MOVIE!)
3. The phantom Menace
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Clone Wars
6. The Revenge of the Sith

I don't think they ever needed to make a second trilogy because in the originals they told you eveything you needed to know about the series's past.
I love Han Solo. The space cow boy. Hell Ya!

Issard

Here's my list of favorite movies:
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

There is an entire world of film that exist beyond the little world that is SW and Indy, you know. If this is the depth of your "favorite movies" I think you need to do some exploring. ;)

IndySeven

Star Wars rocks! I'm a Star Wars fan first, then an Indy fan. Indy is awesome, but Star Wars is still the best!(y)

Shortie

Issard said:
There is an entire world of film that exist beyond the little world that is SW and Indy, you know. If this is the depth of your "favorite movies" I think you need to do some exploring. ;)
I meant SW movies. :D
AOTC isn't even in my top 20 favorite movie list.

Gear

Question

In A New Hope when Obi Wan Kenobi is battling Darth Vader in the Death Star and Vader wacks Ben with his Light Saber how come Obi Wan's body is vaporized instead of being slashted in half?

Also, is there soposed to be a sexual reference in princes Leia's name?

Princes Leia-Organa

:confused:

Eric Solo

gear guardian said:
In A New Hope when Obi Wan Kenobi is battling Darth Vader in the Death Star and Vader wacks Ben with his Light Saber how come Obi Wan's body is vaporized instead of being slashted in half?

He became one with the Force.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Also, is there soposed to be a sexual reference in princes Leia's name?

Princes Leia-Organa

:confused:

Is orgasm really the first word you think of when you see "Organa"? Before organ, organism...I don't know whether this was intended, but considering the heavy overtones in a lot of the other names (Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader), it would not be far from inconceivable that Lucas was trying to telegraph something...Organa, suggesting instrument, and the manner in which Leia was being employed as a pawn? I don't know; I'm not a Star Wars fan by any means, though I don't dislike them. However, I do respect Lucas's intention of creating a modern myth, and that means a lot of stuff has more symbolism and more of an allusive nature than you might suspect. It's not a sex joke.

Vendetta08

No, there's no sexual reference. Lucas would have mentioned it within the past 30 years if there was, don't ya'think? He's explained the meaning of many other words. You'll only get a sexual reference out of the name if you want to.

Gear

I didnt consider it sex joke but hearing Leia... Organa...
I also thought it may mean Organic as in close to nature considering she was native to Alderan, a life-thriving planet.

Obi Wan's body and soul became one with the force, that makes sense. He warned Vader... :rolleyes:

Gobi-1

gear guardian said:
I also thought it may mean Organic as in close to nature considering she was native to Alderan, a life-thriving planet.

Obi Wan's body and soul became one with the force, that makes sense. He warned Vader... :rolleyes:

Qui-Gon Jinn taught Yoda and Obi-Wan how to do that. (y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:

That probably makes even more sense, actually...see, told you I wasn't a fan.