IDC - Indy Droolers Club

Lonsome Indy

dont worry, i'd probably react the same way. or just stand there frozen. and how cool, you got to meet one of my favorites too. did you have passes? or were they just mingling with the audience?

a friend of mine actually got kissed by Billy Idol. the sad part was she didnt have a camera. ;)

Indy~Annie

Sharlow said:
HAHA yeah exactly, got a very strange look.

Fave singer/band is Bon Jovi. A girlfriend and I went to Tokyo from Australia for 3 nights to see them perform at the tokyo dome, and met the band. Talk about feeling like an idiot LMAO

oh bon jovi is so great!!!(y)

thats really awesome!

did u actually get to talk to him? and did he know you were talking?:p lol just kidding.:p

Lonsome Indy said:
dont worry, i'd probably react the same way. or just stand there frozen. and how cool, you got to meet one of my favorites too. did you have passes? or were they just mingling with the audience?

a friend of mine actually got kissed by Billy Idol. the sad part was she didnt have a camera. ;)

NO CAMERA!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! oh that would so stink.:( and i bet no one believed her to.:p lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharlow

Indy~Annie said:
oh bon jovi is so great!!!(y)

thats really awesome!

did u actually get to talk to him? and did he know you were talking?:p lol just kidding.:p

I talked, not sure what I said, but he just said thank you and I just about collapsed in a puddle lmao.

Lonsome Indy said:

Lets just say I "ran" into them lol. Had my camera in my hand as well, and was too star struck/dumb struck to ask for a picture. talk about kicking myself for months afterwards

Lonsome Indy

NO CAMERA!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! oh that would so stink. and i bet no one believed her to. lol

she had enough witnesses to back it up. lol.

Lets just say I "ran" into them lol. Had my camera in my hand as well, and was too star struck/dumb struck to ask for a picture. talk about kicking myself for months afterwards

and that stinks for not being able to take a picture. :(

well, already said i met Gene Wilder. well, not meet per say but i was in the same room with him listening to his interview and by his wife too. ^-^

i've met a few athletes, people from the Tampa Bay Bucs but mostly from the Florida Gators. actually have a huge poster with half of the teams signatures.

Sharlow

I'm not sure if meeting your idols is always a good thing tho, I must confess that I was left very disappointed by my meeting with JBJ, as he made no effort to interact with me or my friend, but I suppose, given the circumstances, I was lucky to get what I did lol:D

Think I'd be too scared to meet harrison ford in case all I saw was an old man, and not the hunk I remember from the original trilogy or the star wars movies (the originals of course):eek: .

Having said that, wouldn't knock it back if I were given the opportunity

Lonsome Indy

thats one of things i'd be nervous about, i want to meet them but i want to respect their privacy too.

Harrison seems like a fun guy to talk too, i especially love it when he laughs as well. i dont know how i would do it but i'd think of something... then beg for a hug.

Sharlow

Lonsome Indy said:
thats one of things i'd be nervous about, i want to meet them but i want to respect their privacy too.

Harrison seems like a fun guy to talk too, i especially love it when he laughs as well. i dont know how i would do it but i'd think of something... then beg for a hug.

Ooooh a hug against that nice chest!!!! thudd, excuse me, just going to lie down here for a while!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

|ZiR|

Harrison is probably the only actor I'd spazz myself over. But I wouldn't have any second thoughts about harassing him should I see him, even if he looked grumpy -- you don't get chances like that everyday. I know I'd regret it forever if I didn't say anything to him.

A picture would be a must, and you can bet that I'd cop a feel of that sweet ass just before the flash went off.

Lonsome Indy said:

Was there tongue? :p

Sharlow

|ZiR| said:
Harrison is probably the only actor I'd spazz myself over. But I wouldn't have any second thoughts about harassing him should I see him, even if he looked grumpy -- you don't get chances like that everyday. I know I'd regret it forever if I didn't say anything to him.

A picture would be a must, and you can bet that I'd cop a feel of that sweet ass just before the flash went off.

LMAO, He's nearly as old as my dad, so I'm not sure about the Ass grabbing bit, but definately a hug for sure.

Sparrow

Just saw you posted both Frisco Kid and Working Girl! Both great movies! I actually had a hard time tracking down both on DVD, but I finally came through thanks to Amazon. I got fed up waiting for them to repeat them on TV. :p

In terms of meeting Ford, I would probably be in the same state as many others - a blubbering mess. :p I would definitely like to meet him some day, but I'm not sure how good my chances are. Oh well, I guess you never know what will happen.

Sharlow

Sparrow said:
In terms of meeting Ford, I would probably be in the same state as many others - a blubbering mess. :p I would definitely like to meet him some day, but I'm not sure how good my chances are. Oh well, I guess you never know what will happen.

Exactly, but my advice would be, try and have some sensible questions and comments pre planned just in case, so you don't stand there doing your best impersonation of a gold fish lmao

fatima

ZiR fantastic work of posting ALL of these info on HF movies and characters!
I did read everything now, and well back to Regarding Henry, personally is one of my favs, I think the challange Harrison gave to creat this character is worth for itself to watch it. He redeems himself ( he shows a tough guy at the beguining, turning into a completly loving humain being ) and fav scenes of mine are the ones with his daughter...so for the ones who haven't watch it, give it a try it's worthy for so many reasons oh and we can't forget the clueless faces he does several times in the film those are precious.

Frisco Kid ( who ZiR also mentioned and very well!) I just watched it once...but it's HILARIOUS! a must watch, pure sarcasm and fun!

Working Girl, I love 'Let the River Run' song at the beguining of movie, it capts the spirit of the movie perfectly! I like the moral of this film, the lesson it's given and Harrison's looks the most sexiest suit bussiness man there is!!! rwarr ( thinking about the taking off shirt at the office and the bed scene)

Lonsome Indy said:

I'm not biased, trust me. I will just say that from all the people who have seen him or talking to him they say he was very polite. As long as fans are not abusive he can be very charming...no worries he meeting him HAHAA....

You know, there are characters that we can compare with Indy and others that we just can't.
Here's a example, James Marshall from AFO can be compared with Indy when it's related to his stubborness and will to fight agains the eviloh and they both fight wonderfully!

1208887058_8007.jpg

Who else would you like to compare with Indy?

Lonsome Indy

Indy and Han's attitude, both are stubborn and can also be kind hearted.

fatima said:
I'm not biased, trust me. I will just say that from all the people who have seen him or talking to him they say he was very polite. As long as fans are not abusive he can be very charming...no worries he meeting him HAHAA....

how cool, yeah my best bet would be either on the streets or maybe bumping into him in a building. i will never interrupt dinner, thats one of the most disrespectful things i can do to my idols.

|ZiR|

fatima said:
Who else would you like to compare with Indy?

Quinn Harris from Six Days Seven Nights has always reminded me of an aged, slightly bitter Indy.

six_days_seven_nights.jpg

Wikipedia:
Robin Monroe (Heche), a New York journalist working for Dazzle, a fashion magazine, is invited by her boyfriend Frank (Schwimmer) to spend a one-week holiday with him on the island paradise of Makatea in the South Pacific. For the final leg of their journey the couple have to make do with a small dilapidated aircraft (DHC-2 Beaver) piloted by a middle-aged American called Quinn Harris (Ford). A few hours after their arrival, Frank proposes to Robin.

Robin, however, is a workaholic and cannot say no when she gets a call from her boss asking her to go to Tahiti just for one night to supervise a fashion event. She hires Quinn to fly her there, but an unexpected thunderstorm forces the plane into a crash-landing on a deserted island (Part of a cross cutting sequence in which the forced landing is juxtaposed with a native dance performed for tourists and watched by Frank back at the hotel).

Fighting for survival on the island, Quinn and Robin inadvertently become witnesses to modern-day pirates killing the owner of a yacht and throwing his body into the sea.

The vast majority of the film deals with the adventures (often comic in nature) of Quinn and Robin as they try to evade the pirates and survive in the island's jungle wilderness. In the process, Quinn and Robin fall in love, despite their initial dislike towards one another.

This is probably my favorite of Ford's films from the later 90s. It got some bad press at it's release because Heche decided it was a totally awesome time to come out of the closet, but I think it's stupid to let an actors sexual orientation ruin a movie for you. It's called acting for a reason. SDSN is fun, albeit cheesy, little picture. Worth the rental.

Seis_Dias_Siete_Noches_2-1.jpg

Seis_Dias_Siete_Noches_1-1.jpg

6D7N_promo01.jpg

FORD FINGER TIME!!
137.jpg

079.jpg

082.jpg

053.jpg

085.jpg

From hating one another...
042.jpg

038.jpg

...to love on the beach.
115.jpg

118.jpg

142.jpg

*melts*

Sparrow

Lonsome Indy said:
Indy and Han's attitude, both are stubborn and can also be kind hearted.

I'm gonna have to agree. I always saw Indy and Han as two very similar characters with one living in another galaxy and the other stationed here in our own world.

I haven't seen 6 Days, 7 Nights in a long time. I remember when it first came out on DVD/VHS, we rented it and I liked it but since then, I haven't really seen it again. Maybe that's something I need to do this summer.

Indy Pendant

|ZiR| said:
The more the merrier! :D And are you talking about the barn dancing scene or the barn raising scene? I love the former but usually fast forward through the latter when I rewatch it.

Also, I'd like to thank fatima for bringing about posting non-Indy Ford roles in this thread. Because really, there's a limited amount of IJ pictures to post and all the good ones already have been.

Anyway, time for things to get Frantic...!

Before I even started short-circuiting my keyboard from drool, I started singing one of my least-favorite songs from my favorite band:

"Like Harrison Ford, I'm getting frantic,
Like Sting, I'm tantric, like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy.
Like Kurosawa, I make mad films,
'kay, I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai."

Apologies to Ed Robertson (speaking of major drool) for possibly realigning his lyrics, but "One Week" is one of my least favorite Barenaked Ladies songs. However, it's a great karaoke song because people are amazed that I know all the words and can sing it at speed.

As for "Frantic," I remember liking it in the way that I blandly like movies - my friend whose favorite movie is "Regarding Henry" didn't like "Frantic."

And I've met a bunch of celebs. I've spazzed over a few of them and am still embarrassed about it years later. I've met some musicians multiple times and they've remembered me.

Indy_Chic

|ZiR| said:

I love this scene! In fact, I love this entire movie. Good cast, good storyline and it protrays a good message. Harrison is just so adorable in it.

In regards to Six Days Seven Nights I remember enjoying that movie when I saw it long ago....I really need to watch it again!

|ZiR| said:

Aw man, I wish I could be stranded on an island with Harrison Ford....:eek:

fatima

:eek: Girls I feel so ashamed cause...I have the cpu broken that is why I've been away from here or in contact with my friends from here...
I have no idea if my brother will borrow his to me yet...this one I'm typing now it's from work.
I will have no time at all for reading posts or reply at them :-(
I'm sorry everyone...it sucks!
Let's hope it my return it will be soon! :-D

Lonsome Indy

that sucks, i really enjoy having you around discussing our delights about Harrison. i hope the problem can be fixed rather quickly. you're a lot of fun to talk with.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
A reminder...

...that it would endear you all to the upkeep more if you remember this:

Double Posting:
Double posting is defined as posting a message in a thread twice (or more) in a row. Please use the EDIT button and edit your original post if you need to add something.