The Indy Cast

ronthereviewer

Stoo it has nothing to do with Indy but every Halloween I do recommend a film as I also do for Xmas. I rec'd many e-mails from fans last week to see what film I would give a shout out to this year.
Since this is my last Halloween did not want to miss this one.

@Ron the Reviewer: I've seen "Burnt Offerings" and it scared me as a kid but what does it have to do with Indy?:confused:

Sharkey

ronthereviewer said:
I will be turning in my fedora at the end of this year, I know you are happy to hear that.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BANkMaLJaY4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BANkMaLJaY4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ronthereviewer

Good one, that is funny !!!:hat:

Sharkey said:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BANkMaLJaY4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BANkMaLJaY4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Stoo said:
Episode #115 answers a long-burning question of mine! Back in the day, I saw the documentary which featured the segment about the hand-painted animation of Indy's flailing legs while he hangs onto the rope bridge against the cliffside. Sadly, I didn't record it and have since forgotten which show it was on. (After asking a few times here at The Raven, no one ever replied.) Thanks to Pat, my question has FINALLY been answered. It was on PBS's "Nova" from '84!

THANK YOU, PAT!(y):hat: I want this so badly...

Glad you liked it! It's been heavily edited and rearranged, (unlike it's predecessor!) but a gem nonetheless! I couldn't get the Trivia Segment together in time, though Ed graciously waited (again), but the finale served up a nice one, (and Ed won't have to wait for me for Episode 116!:eek: )

Hey Sharkey's back...

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
Episode #115 answers a long-burning question of mine! Back in the day, I saw the documentary which featured the segment about the hand-painted animation of Indy's flailing legs while he hangs onto the rope bridge against the cliffside. Sadly, I didn't record it and have since forgotten which show it was on. (After asking a few times here at The Raven, no one ever replied.) Thanks to Pat, my question has FINALLY been answered. It was on PBS's "Nova" from '84!

I think that my family recorded that on the very first VHS tape we ever had. It's on there with another Nova special - "Dinosaur!" - featuring the most realistic stop-motion animation of the creatures pretty much ever.. up until Jurassic Park. (Also on the tape are myself and my younger siblings lip-syncing to music... best forget about that.)

The special is awesome and (since it was our only tape for a while...) burned into my memory. I can't watch Temple of Doom without hearing the narrator during the mine chase scene saying "Live action.... special effects... live action.... special effects... live action... special effects...". And I can't go on the rides at Disneyland without paying attention to the anticipation of turns.

Stoo

Like you and DoomTown, the "Nova" special is indeed 'burned into my memory'.:cool:
InexorableTash said:
It's on there with another Nova special - "Dinosaur!" - featuring the most realistic stop-motion animation of the creatures pretty much ever.. up until Jurassic Park.
Tash, I have that "Dinosaur!" epsiode, too, and there's a reason for why it's the most realistic. It uses clips from Phil Tippet's animated short, "Prehistoric Beast"!

(I'm assuming that there's no need to explain who Phil Tippet is...);)

harvey

Review of Temple of Doom Retrospective

***** (y)

In the second series of his behind-the-scenes Indy retrospectives, our resident ?Keeper of the Grail Diary?, Pat, puts his encyclopedic knowledge of the Indy-verse on display with amazing results. While using the classic PBS ?Making of? documentaries as guides, Pat is not content to simply mine these treasure troves, but digs deeper into the Area 51 warehouse to unearth rarely seen or heard interviews and specials.

As a companion piece to his ripping Raiders retrospective, Pat?s 6-part Temple trek takes us from England to Sri Lanka and deep into the heart of the Temple of Doom itself. Mixing equal parts comedy, clips (I?m still trying to figure out the Monty Python reference!), trivia and tales, Pat successfully time trips to 1983 and recreates the filming of one of the greatest prequels of all time.

And, like the Making of Raiders, Pat maintains and rewards listener interest with a chance to score a digital copy of the original PBS documentary. Taking full advantage of the IndyCast becoming a more online interactive fan experience, Pat?s trivia comes to life in the form of some interesting artwork that keeps us fans guessing?and winning.

Now that this series has wrapped, I for one must admit, I?ll miss hearing the closing notes of John Williams? ?Fast Streets of Shanghai? as an intro to these wildly entertaining segments. Perhaps the previously unreleased ?Flight To Venice? will make a surprise appearance in the almost guaranteed third installment. Hey, if anyone can find that track, it?s Pat!

indycast

IndyCast : Episode 115 is here!

It's our 3rd Birthday Special! I catch up with Mitch, Laird, Rob and Ron and talk about the future of Indy, exhibitions, Indy 5 and beyond! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

(Just remind me next time to record the show before we do the round table - I sound horrendous! Sorry guys!)

You can listen to the episode here!

Sharkey

Mitchellhallock said:
Loved it! Thanks Ed
You don't get it Piggy. Just when someone like Laird who probably has something to add worth listening to, you step all over it. Why can't you just shut it? You're such an attention whore. Laird starts telling a story about meeting Fozzy and you have to make everything about you. Jesus H! How come you didn't call me? Retard. Whatever...

Instead you use my joke and tell us about walking an elephant...never saw a hog walk an elephant.

You're a mess.

Gonzo, what's with the long goodbyes? Thank goodness you'll be back! I'll be waiting for that. Your unintentional comedy kills me! Fozzy already interviewed Max McCoy! It is fun picking out all the mistakes you make!

Dr Bunsun: shut these guys up and say something! Maybe rip the audio from your behind the scenes videos and put the highlighs on the IndyCast.

Fozzy, where are you?

Kermie take. He reigns back my little green host!

Laird, I can hear the exasperation in your voice...I feel for you.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Sharkey's back in town!

Funny, cos I've been watching the old Jaws movies. You ought to have your own John Williams "dum dum, dum dum" theme tune, so we know you're going to make an appearance soon! :p

Montana Smith said:
Sharkey's back in town!

Funny, cos I've been watching the old Jaws movies. You ought to have your own John Williams "dum dum, dum dum" theme tune, so we know you're going to make an appearance soon! :p

Somehow "Yakkety Sax" seems more appropriate for our resident IndyCast critic. :)

After all, Sharkey writes these reviews with tongue firmly placed in cheek, even though his witticisms/criticisms get too personal at times. I mean, no one really gets this worked up about a podcast, right? Sharkey's got to be just having some fun.

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
Somehow "Yakkety Sax" seems more appropriate for our resident IndyCast critic. :)

After all, Sharkey writes these reviews with tongue firmly placed in cheek, even though his witticisms/criticisms get too personal at times. I mean, no one really gets this worked up about a podcast, right? Sharkey's got to be just having some fun.

The-Worst-Bat-Villains-The-Exploding-Shark_imagelarge.jpg

shark-repellant-bat-spray-batman.JPG

Sharkey

robisindy said:

Ok Doc, you got me. But I can't help but think the show would have been better without Miss Piggy talking over everyone. Tell me you want to hear the Indy Cast Diva pout because Laird didn't visit him? Don't feel too sorry for Mitch "enough about me, what do you think about me?" Hackalot, he has no problem busting Fozzy's fuzzy sack when he's not there to defend himself, (with my line too), but can't take it when he's basically called the Les Nessman of the Indy Cast, broadcasting from the IndyCast helicopter.

Mitchellhallock said:
Mitch, great job on the interviews! (y) I DO have one teeny tiny piece of advice...PLEASE let the person being interviewed finish their thought before you finish it for them...

I know it's a bad habit I have and you aren't the first to tell me that. It's the radar o Reilly in me.
Yeah, except the whole thing about Radar being right and helpful.

Montana...love that Batman pic.