The Indy Cast

Exulted Unicron

Just finished listening to the latest episode. Some great interviews with the Marvel crew. I've been a long time listener since episode 1 and I haven;'t looked back since. As it was said about the brotherhood. "you know how long I've been waiting to get in?" "all your life?" "all my life"

happy belated birthday Ed.

indycast

IndyCast Episode 113 is here!

Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock speaks with Indy and Star Wars author J.W. Rinzler, we announce the Indy Celebration winners plus more of your great emails!

We look forward to the return next week of the Indy Opinion and Pat's final installment in the Making of the Temple of Doom!

You can listen to the episode here!

Sharkey

Who would win in a fight Han Solo or Indiana Jones? I really have to get back to reviewing the Indy cast again.

You talk to Rinzler and that's what you ask him?

Who exactly are your fans you diva you?!

Junior Jones

Mitch!!

After your interview with JW Rinzler, Ed mentioned the possibility of an interview with Frank Darabont. That would be awesome!

If you get this chance, obviously you'll have to ask about his Indy 4 script, but since he was a writer on Young Indy, please find out what you can about the unfinished episodes. Especially whether there are finished scripts or just story outlines, any details he can remember about these lost episodes, and what it would take for these scripts to be discreetly leaked by an "unnamed source". ;)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I will try, still waiting to hear back from his pr people. And hopefully unlike the lucasfilm pr, I can ask more indy questions and not just stick to the latest project the amc walking dead tv show.

ronthereviewer

Interview

Great interview with a well admired author glad he agreed to speak with Mitch.
JW speaks a lot about Star Wars due to the fact he has to promote his new Empire book. Good job getting him to speak about Indy, he was only on the set one day of Kotcs you would think they would give him more time, considering his work on Lucas's films! Nice Job Mr Hallock
Also I agree with Jr Jones if you land a Kasdan interview I would love to hear about Young Indy and submit a hundred more questions

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Thanks Ron.. I am seeing Rinzler this weekend and maybe I can get some answers from him on more Indy stuff. And I know you meant Darabont not Kasdan (I'd like to talk with him too) - I'll correct you before folks smell an honest mistake and there's blood in the water and a feeding frenzy of putdowns begin.

There will be some other Indy creators at NY Comic Con and I hope to get some for the show. And in November I'll be at SuperMega Fest in MA working in artist Star Wars Kevin Liell's booth - but I also have a chance to speak with a very special guest that Indyfans will truly enjoy! Lets hope it all works out... And maybe the return of a Young Indy star as well.

ronthereviewer

My bad late night, I meant F. Darabont....

ronthereviewer said:
Great interview with a well admired author glad he agreed to speak with Mitch.
JW speaks a lot about Star Wars due to the fact he has to promote his new Empire book. Good job getting him to speak about Indy, he was only on the set one day of Kotcs you would think they would give him more time, considering his work on Lucas's films! Nice Job Mr Hallock
Also I agree with Jr Jones if you land a Kasdan interview I would love to hear about Young Indy and submit a hundred more questions

Junior Jones said:
...obviously you'll have to ask about his Indy 4 script, but since he was a writer on Young Indy, please find out what you can about the unfinished episodes.
Mitch, you made Rinzler laugh...nice work. It would be great to hear more Indy stories.

Missed Rob this week, can't wait to hear the Radio Drama! Stuck in the editing mire Rob?

Rocket Surgeon said:
Mitch, you made Rinzler laugh...nice work. It would be great to hear more Indy stories.

Missed Rob this week, can't wait to hear the Radio Drama! Stuck in the editing mire Rob?

I'm stuck in a holding pattern on the latest production while I wait on dialogue. This week I was in the Outer Banks on vacation and just didn't get back in time to record a segment. I'll be back for the next show!

harvey

robisindy said:
I'm stuck in a holding pattern on the latest production while I wait on dialogue. This week I was in the Outer Banks on vacation and just didn't get back in time to record a segment. I'll be back for the next show!

Joe Stuber likes this. Oh, wait...wrong social networking site. :D

indycast

IndyCast : Episode 114 is (finally) here!

This week we speak with director Frank Darabont, Artist Adam Hughes, Anthropologist Daryl Frazetti and more in this NY Comic Con edition of the IndyCast plus Rob returns and we hear more of your great emails! If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode at here.

Stoo

Geek Fest!:eek:

-Adam Hughes seems like a cool guy and it was nice to hear his thoughts about "Skull" (and Indy in general).

-Too bad Frank Darabont didn't recall anything about the unproduced Young Indy episodes.:( Nice try though, Mitchell!

-No offense to Daryl Frazetti but in the "Trekkies" movies, I thought he was an androgynous lesbian!:eek:

-Ron the Reviewer was not missed. Sorry.

-Well...I have...no opinion on 'Rob's...Indy...Opinion'...So...well...there you have my vote...about The Rob...Indy...Opinion...(Just kidding, Rob! You're doing a fine job but speeding things up with less repetition might help make your segment more interesting. Please, take this as advice & not a criticism.:hat:)

-Pat's trivia segment was entertaining as always. Keep it up!:whip:

Stoo said:
-Well...I have...no opinion on 'Rob's...Indy...Opinion'...So...well...there you have my vote...about The Rob...Indy...Opinion...(Just kidding, Rob! You're doing a fine job but speeding things up with less repetition might help make your segment more interesting. Please, take this as advice & not a criticism.:hat:)

Yeah...uhhh...well...okay...thanks.

I'll take it as adviceicism. :hat:

Stoo

Heh, I'm sorry, Rob.:cool: Don't mean to be harsh, it's just that I think the IndyCast has a lot going for it and would only like to see it improve (which I'm sure it already has). Sometimes the episodes are unnecessarily long and I end up skipping parts...but this is just my single opinion.

(That said, I wonder if Ed would be open to including a semi-regular Young Indy contribution?)

While I'm apologizing, I am indeed looking forward to the upcoming collaboration between Ron the Reviewer and Laird. Should be a nice improvement over the usual audio clips.;)

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
That said, I wonder if Ed would be open to including a semi-regular Young Indy contribution?

That would be great, Stoo! And if I had to nominate someone to do it, you'd be one of my top picks. (y)

Stoo said:
Heh, I'm sorry, Rob.:cool: Don't mean to be harsh, it's just that I think the IndyCast has a lot going for it and would only like to see it improve (which I'm sure it already has). Sometimes the episodes are unnecessarily long and I end up skipping parts...but this is just my single opinion.

(That said, I wonder if Ed would be open to including a semi-regular Young Indy contribution?)

While I'm apologizing, I am indeed looking forward to the upcoming collaboration between Ron the Reviewer and Laird. Should be a nice improvement over the usual audio clips.;)

No need to apologize, Stoo. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and I've always considered myself a notch or two below my fellow IndyCast members. So I welcome constructive remarks and I do try to put them to use, especially when it comes from someone who legitimately enjoys the show and wants it to keep going strong.

That said, I'm not sure you can definitively state that the show is unnecessarily long if you don't actually listen to all of it - but obviously it's up to you if you want to skip my segment or other parts of the show.

As for the Young Indy segment, go for it! You've certainly got the knowledge and the passion, and we've heard you on the show before. So why not send Ed a sample of what you have in mind and try to make it a regular feature of the show? It would be a nice opportunity to include some more behind-the-scenes stuff with Laird too, which I find fascinating.

ronthereviewer

Stoo it is all good.( i also love young indy) first off Rob you are top notch like Mitch,Pat and Ed..I am a some schlub who loves Indy stumbled upon you guys on the podcast center and was lucky enough to find this incredible outlet which allowed me to contribute, going on 2 yrs early 2011. That being said my time is dwindling as there are only a few more items out there to review and with no new news of a Indy 5 and not wanting to send in a fluff 5 minute piece the wall is coming down ( like the beginning. of raiders and indy just barely escaped) possibly the end of the year....hope you like the JW tribute Laird and I did it has great music and trivia for all...thank god for Laird the sound guru and his knowledge of JW is impressive.also as my skype was down he made my call to him come through clean....Laird and I are talking about doing specials like this in the future covering all facets of the Indy movies from music to screenwriting...Think Indy 5....

Originally Posted by Stoo
Heh, I'm sorry, Rob. Don't mean to be harsh, it's just that I think the IndyCast has a lot going for it and would only like to see it improve (which I'm sure it already has). Sometimes the episodes are unnecessarily long and I end up skipping parts...but this is just my single opinion.

While I'm apologizing, I am indeed looking forward to the upcoming collaboration between Ron the Reviewer and Laird. Should be a nice improvement over the usual audio clips.

Last edited:

indycast

robisindy said:

I've always considered myself a notch or two below my fellow IndyCast members.

No way Rob - you as always are doing a great job - besides, we're all equal here!

And Stoo, sure, send in a segment and we'll go from there!